Our Swayamvar?

In the previous chapter:
Arjun goes to the forest to see Draupadi.

As soon as Draupadi reached the palace, she immediately rushed to her room, freshened up and rushed to the Royal meeting hall. As she reached in, the giant doors closed. She saw that the whole family were already there waiting for her. She passed them a small smile and got seated next to Krishna.

'putris, I and Vasudev think it's time for you five fire princesses to get married', said Drupad.

'so, shall we arrange a Swayamvar?', asked Vasudev.

Listening to them, all the siblings were shocked, especially the fire princesses. They were almost in the verge of crying.

'NO', they muttered.

'why not?', asked Devaki and Mahima.

'Sorry matashrees and pitashrees, but we can't marry, WE DON'T WANNA MARRY', the fire princesses yelled in helpnessness and ran out of the meeting room almost immediately, shocking all the elders. Subhadra and Shikandini followed them out.

'Why are they opposing', asked Vasudev confused, looking at Balram, Krishna, Dhristadyumn and Tejveer.

'because they are in love pitashree', blurted out Balram.

'In love? But with whom? And why didn't you tell us? We wouldn't have opposed...', Mahima said in a hurry tone.

'exactly', said Devaki, mirroring Mahima's emotions.

All the four brothers were very sad, almost in tears and were looking down.

'With the pandavas', admitted Dhristadyumn.

'Devika and Yudhistir, Valandhara and Bheem, Draupadi and Arjun, Karenumati and Nakul, Vijaya and Sahadev', added Tejveer.

'We were going to tell you all but then... The varanavrath incident took place', said Dhristadyumn.

'I can't see my daughters like this. The five of them listens to you four brothers, so please convince them to agree for the Swayamvar... I want to see them happy once again', pleaded and cried Devaki and Mahima.

'we will matas, please don't cry', the four brothers consoled Devaki and Mahima.

The four of them walk out of the royal hall, in search of their sisters. The elder parent couple were still seated in the royal meeting hall, still trying to digest the just exposed bit of information.

The four brothers got to know that their sisters were in the royal garden and they started walking over to them. On the way, the four of them were talking among themselves.

'how on earth will we convince them', said Tejveer, more like a question.

'espicially Drau... Because she's very stubborn, just like kanha and.... Mayuri (Adwika)', Balram said in a shaky voice.

On listening to Adwika's name, the other three were having tears in their eyes.

'okay, let's do one thing! Me and Dhristadyumn will convince Drau, Dau (elder brother i.e, Balram) and Tej bhaiyya will go and convince the rest', said Krishna, trying to change the topic.

'good idea', agreed the others.

The four of them reach the garden area and go near their sisters. They notice that Draupadi was not there but, as Krishna and Dhristadyumn knew where exactly she would be, they signalled the rest to handle Devika, Valandhara, Karenumati and Vijaya and moved towards the royal lake side.

*In the garden*

'Behanas (sisters), I think, we think you five should move on and give a chance to this Swayamvar. You all have a life ahead', explained Balram.

'yes behanas, by this matashrees and pitashrees would be happy, everyone would be happy.... And in future, you all would be happy', added Tejveer.

'But how bratashrees? We already love someone else', said the four princesses on sadness.

'please try to give this a chance jijis, I know it would be really tough for you guys but we can't see you all like this', cried Kritika.

'yes dears, and maybe, you have something else in your destiny, so do give this a chance', pleaded Shikandini.

After a lot of talking, consoling and explaining, the four of them agreed with a heavy heart.

*In the lake side*

Krishna and Dhristadyumn reached by the lake side and saw Draupadi sitting by the lake side and throwing pebbles into the water. The two of them went and sat on either side of her. She looked at them but did not speak anything and continued to throw pebbles into the water.

'krishnaa', called Krishna in a concerned tone.

'yes bratashree', replied Draupadi in a plain tone.

'why don't you give a chance o the Swayamvar dear', asked Krishna calmly.

'you already know bratashree, I love Parth! How can I marry someone else who is not my Parth', cried Draupadi.

'Drau... What happened is bad... Really very bad. But you have to move on dear, you have to accept the reality and move on... You have a whole life ahead and you can't be like this forever, you need a true companion... We want to see you happy and cheerful once again', explained Dhristadyumn.

'but...', Draupadi tried opposing but, Krishna cut off her words.

' yes Drau, Dhristadyumn is right. We don't know what destiny has planned for us till it happens. And if you and Parth are really destined to be with each other, then noone or nothing can stop you it. So, why don't you give it a try... Maybe the Swayamvar may give you answers to your unasked questions', said Krishna in a quizzical manner.

Listening to him, Draupadi and Dhristadyumn were confused. But then, Draupadi's hope in the Pandu family being alive increased. So she thought that it might be a clue given to her by her Govind and God.

'okay, I agree to the Swayamvar', agreed Draupadi.

The two brothers hugged her in joy and she smiled at their excitement. The three of them walked back to the garden and shared the news with each other. They even informed their parents.

The parents were very happy listening to this and also a bit sad and guilty for forcing them, but they had no option as the pandavas were not there and mainly, they wanted to see their daughters happy. They immediately started the preparations for the Swayamvar and the news of this Swayamvar spread all over aryavarth like wild fire.

PROMO:
The grand Swayamvar!!

Hey guys,

How was the chapter?

Liked it?

Excited for the best chapter?

Do vote!

Stay safe and stay happy always 😃

With Love,
Krishi Rathode ❤️