Vanvaas

In the previous chapter:
Family time and truth!!

A month passed away in a jiffy. Today was the day the Pandavas and their wifes were starting their vanvaas period along with their their younger kids. They had decided to keep their children along with them until they reach the age of five and later send them back to Dwarika for their training.

Abhimanyu, Adithya, Prativindhya, Ghatotkacha, Shantanika and Shrutasena Babruvahan and Vikram  stayed back in the palace as they were  all were five to six years of age.

(A/N : Babruvahan and Vikram are five y/o and the other five are 6 y/o)

The six bid their parents a painful goodbye but, refrained themselves from crying. They knew that they can't see their parents for the next 13 years. The younger siblings were confused about what was happening around them.

"We'll miss you maa and badi maa..." Abhimanyu and Babruvahan said, hugging Draupadi and Adwika.

"We'll miss you too maa and choti maa..." Adithya and Vikram said joining the hug.

"We'll miss you all too darlings... But don't worry, time will pass very quick and we'll meet you soon." Adwika comforted them.

"And till then, you four have to be good boys and listen to your maamus and maamis. Read, train and become our strong big babies by the time we meet you again. And remember, we love you all, no matter how far we are." Draupadi said.

Later, they met everyone else and bid farewell and left towards the forest. The whole kingdom of Indraprastha were in tears seeing their beloved royals going to the forest. There was a similar situation in Dwarika and Panchal.

The pandavas and their wifes reached a beautiful place named kamyakavan by afternoon. The men went to collect wood, straw and ropes for building a hut. Draupadi, Adwika, Devika and  Valandhara had went to search and collect food and water. Karenumati and Vijaya stayed with the kids, taking care of them.

Two hours later, the four women returned with a lot of fresh fruits, water and milk. The kids were asleep under a banyan tree.

"Jiji... Where did you find such big cartons to get the fruits?" Karenumati asked.

"A kind lady offered us four of her cartons. We bought fruits in two of them. We also found containers to carry water and milk." Devika explained.

"Milk?" Vijaya asked.

"Yes, we helped the woman to carry heavy piles of logs back to her house and also fetched for her lost cows. So, in return, she offered us three containers of milk and a six empty mud pots to carry water." Valandhara added.

"Yes... She did a huge favour for us. We hope we can repay for her kindness some day." Draupadi and Adwika stated. The other sisters nodded in agreement.

An hour later, the pandavas returned with logs, ropes and straw. Then, everyone including the children had their lunch i.e., fruits and milk. Later, the men started building a hut so that everyone could stay in there comfortably.

Two weeks passed by, the pandavas built six huts so that each couple with their kids could stay in one hut. Duryodhan's spies had kept an hawk eye on them, which everyone noticed but had ignored them.

*In Arjun- Draupadi's hut*

Arjun, Draupadi, Karn and Adwika sat inside the hut discussing something. The kids were with Yudhistir and Devika.

"Arya..." Draupadi spoke extremely soft and sweetly.

"Yes shona..." Arjun gulped, knowing what's coming his way. Karn passed him a knowing look.

MY DESTINED LOVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें