Chapter 17

Elizabeth's POV

The look on Scarlett's face is amazing. I don't necessarily want a little myself, but I would 100% watch my niece. Scarlett has been my best friend since we were 6 and I have never seen her this happy and content. I mean she is happy with Camden, but this is like a different kind of happy. I know she is barely listening to me so I wrap up my story quickly and watch as Scarlett switches Briella to her other breast.

"It's not nice to stare." Scarlett looks up to me finally.

"It's not nice to ignore your friends." I smirk.

"Touchè. Do you know what you want for dinner?"

"I do. I'll order online." I quickly open my Domino's app and start my order to be delivered to Cam and Scarlett's. I'm assuming Briella is eating just cheese. Once I think I'm done I walk over to let Scarlett double check the order. While she is looking at my phone, I look down at Briella. She has her eyes closed now but she is still steadily nursing. I can hear her suckling and it's the cutest thing.

"My heart." I whisper to Scarlett as I take my phone back. She smiles up and me before looking back to her baby.

"She is the sweetest thing. That looks good, you can order now. We should beat them there." Scarlett pulls Briella off her chest earning a whine. "Baby, you can have more after dinner okay?" Scarlett pops a pacifier in Briella's mouth before fixing her clothes and standing with Briella on her hip. Briella is clinging to Scarlett's shirt and has her face buried in her neck. I can hear her suckling on her pacifier as we stand in the elevator.

When we got in the car, Briella refused to sit in the seat between us. She sat straddling Scarlett with her face buried in her chest. After a couple minutes I noticed her hand loosen that was holding her Mama's top.

"What was that about?"

Scarlett looks down at Briella before looking to me, noticing she was asleep. "She had in school classes today, and though I don't know what happened; those days are always particularly awful for her. She tends to slip as soon as she lands eyes on me if not before. She also tends to slip further into little space. She was trying to stay big so she could meet you first and get to know you but as you can see; she lost that fight." My best friend chuckled.

"Poor little bug. Why do you make her go?"

"It's one day a week. And she is required to do it. I wouldn't mind if she quit her job or school or both and was just my baby." Scarlett kissed Briella's head, "But if she ever wanted to leave us, I want her to have the option. I don't want her to stay with us solely because she didn't get an education and can't afford it. I want her to love us forever and want to be with us."

"That makes sense. I guess." I looked out the window briefly. "I just don't want her to be upset."

"Look at you. Protective Auntie Lizzie." Scarlett smiled at me.

"Don't call me that." I scowled at my best friend. She knows I hate that nickname. We got out of the car and headed up to Scarlett's place. She took Briella upstairs to change her clothes and wake her up. I puttered around until the pizza arrived. I was getting out plates and napkins when I heard Scarlett scolding Briella for running in the house. I turned to see her freeze when she saw me, and she looked absolutely adorable. She had on what looked like Camden's sweater and I'm assuming shorts underneath but the sweater went to her knees, with her pacifier in her mouth that said Mommy's Princess, clipped to her sweatshirt.

"Hi there. Did you forget I was here?" I asked her with a smile. She nodded slowly, not taking her eyes off me. Scarlett walked up behind her and Briella turned around asking to be picked up and hiding her face in her Mama's neck. I chuckled as I grabbed the Hercules plate and put a cheese slice on it before walking towards the pair.