Chapter 83

Briella's POV

Stephen is driving me to Mama's after work. I would be allowed to go home if I thought I could stay big until she gets home, but Boss is coming for the weekend and on can't stay big when I'm playing with Boss. He always sits so pretty for tea parties with my dollies. And Mommy said I can FaceTime Mila this weekend too so I'm super excited.

I serve my last customer of the day before punching out, grabbing my things and going to get Boss's leash. Mama says he needs it even if he is the goodest boy and doesn't.

"Hi Martin!" I smile and wave as I walk into his open office door. Boss trots in behind me before going to set his head on Martin's lap.

"Hi Briella. Are you going to look after her this weekend?" He looks down at Boss and rubs behind his ears.

"Yup! And we have big plans to go to the park near my house too." Mommy said she's going to take us and play fetch with us. Mama is going to read her boring books that have no pictures.

"Well that sounds fun. Behave yourself ol' boy." He pats Boss's head one last time before standing to grab his leash. Once it's handed over, Boss comes to sit in front of me waiting for my to put it on him.

"Bye Martin!" I wave over my shoulder as I hike my bag further up my shoulders. He waves to us as we make our way to the front. I only go outside when I see the car pull up. Stephen opens the door for us and takes my bag for me. Boss climbs in after me and lays with his head on my lap. He likes to look out the windows but they're up today. I try to put one down and frown. Stephen put the child locks on again. I pout the whole way to Mama's work. Until I'm face to face with Stephen again.

"Why did you have the locks on again?" I deepen my pout to the my point across.

"Sorry Miss Briella. Mrs. Addams orders."

I grumble under my breath as I walk inside Mama's building. When I turn around to look at Stephen, he's smiling at me. He walks my bag over to me and I blush. I forgot about that. I look down at Boss while I thank him before walking to the elevator. No one is a meanie anymore about me coming here. Mama is the big boss and they all know to let me if with no questions asked now. Boss sits beside me while I stand in the elevator. It's such a long ride but to Mama's office. It's on the top floor and is hugemongous. Mrs. Isla, Genny's mommy is the only other person on that floor so I allow myself to slip into headspace now that we're almost to the top. I pet Boss's head and take off his leash.

"You're a good boy." I kiss his head and he licks my cheek making me giggle. The door open and I race out of them with Boss at me heels. My bag hits the floor; I don't want to carry it anymore, just as I run into Isla. "Opff."

"Slow down, sweetie." Isla chuckles as she picks me up and holds me on her hip.

"Hi." I stick my fingers in my mouth. Isla always makes me feel really little. She naturally babies me and Genny and it makes it really difficult to be big. "Where Mama?" I mumble around my fingers.

"She has a couple people in her office." She crosses her eyes and pulls a face making me giggle. "How about we colour at my desk while we wait?"

"You gots colours?" I gasp.

"I printed out sheets this morning for you." Isla winks at me before she squats to pick up my discarded bag. Isla sits me on her lap and gets me all set up to colour while she plays with her computer. I don't know what game she's playing, but it looks boring. There's a bunch of words and no colours.

Boss lays beside us on the ground, hidden behind Isla's desk. I get two pictures coloured before I remember that Isla has the best cookies.

"Can I have a snack? P'ease?" I turn in her lap to see her face and she gives me a warm smile.

"Sure, sweetie." Isla kisses my cheek before standing and setting me back in her chair. My feet don't touch the floor so I swing them while I continue to colour. I babble to Boss not paying any attention until I hear Mama's office door open. I look up through my hair trying to not draw attention to myself and freeze when I see who comes out of her office.

Scarlett's POV

I rush everyone out of my office as quickly as I can. I know Briella should be here by now and this meeting ran late. Most of this could have been an email. My head of finance is still trying to get my approval for something as I walk to my door with him hot on my heels. "As I told you Andrew, I'll review your proposal and send any questions I have to your intern." It's a dismissal, but he isn't getting it. If he keeps it up it will be a firm no.

"Briella? I didn't know you work here too." I hear from outside my office. Curiosity gets me instantly. I open my door wider and see Andrew's intern sitting in front of Briella. She's sitting at Isla's desk with widen eyes and a frightened expression. Why is she scared? I've only had a few interactions with this intern but they've been good. I try not to hold the fact that he's Walter Whitton's nephew against him. That arrogant asshole is a piece of work, but when I interviewed his nephew he was nothing like the man who got him in the door. I wasn't going to hire him initially but I was impressed. He comes off as quiet and nervous but that could just be because I'm the boss.

I ignore Andrew so I can focus on the interaction of my baby and this intern. Not that I would be opposed, but she has told us she's asexual.

"You want to get coffee sometime?" He asks her while kicking the non existent rock at his feet. Okay, it's pretty cute watching them. Until my baby's eyes dart around frantically until they land on me. Wide and wild. I clear my throat and walk over to Isla's desk.

"Briella, come here please." I nod at the intern and hold a hand out for Briella. When she scrambles out of the chair, Boss is on her heels as we make our way into my office. Andrew looks pissed as we walk past but I couldn't care less.  I close the door before speaking, "What's up, sweetheart?" I sit on my couch and take her hands in mine.

"That's Dean. The boy who asked me to coffee a few weeks ago." She pulls one hand out of mine and starts to chew her thumb.

"Do you want to have coffee with him?" I ask gently with no judgment. I might not like men, but I would support her 100% if she did.

"No. Yes?" She looks as confused as I am.

"Break it down for me, baby."

"It would be nice to have a friend? He's always been really nice to me, but what if it's because he wants to date? I don't want to do that." She's almost sucking her thumb now. I pull her hand away, kissing her wrist.

"I think you need to have that conversation with him. If he's looking for something more, you owe it to him to tell him you're not interested. You said so yourself, he's always been really nice. Maybe he needs a friend too."

She mulls over my words before nodding. "Will you come with me?"

"I'll help you find him and keep a distance, how about that? You can take Boss?" She scrunches her nose.

There is a coffee shop on the first floor that mostly caters to my employees. They won't say anything if we walk in with Boss.

She nods her head and we decide to go downstairs and get this over with before she slips into headspace again. Hopefully this boy wants to be her friend, because I don't know how she'll handle it if he wants more.