Chapter 76

Briella's POV

"Mommy? When's Mama gon' be home?" I swing my feet. Mommy's cooking dinner and I'm the assistant, which means I get to taste everything.

"Soon princess. Mama was dress shopping with Auntie Lizzie. Remember she's getting married in a couple weeks?" I nod my head as Mommy puts her hands on either side of my legs on the counter. "Well, Mama is going to be in the wedding and she needed to help your Auntie."

"You're not in the wedding Mommy?" I tilt my head.

"No. Only Mama." Mommy winks and kisses my nose.  She turns when the timer goes off and pulls the casserole out of the oven.

"Something smells good." Mama pulls her coat off and sets it down along with her purse.

"Mama!" I hold my arms out waiting for my hug. I'm not allowed to jump off the counter.

"Good job waiting, sweetheart." Mama kisses Mommy while she plates dinner before coming to give me hugs and kisses.

"More kisses." I pucker my lips when Mama takes a step back. She smiles at me and shakes her head before giving me two more kisses.

"Just like your Mommy." Mama laughs and plays with the end of my braid.

"Well don't be stingy with kisses then." Mommy steals a kiss from Mama before chomping on my neck.

"Mommy! No more kisses!" I shriek and giggle.

"Okay. Dinners ready." Mommy chuckles and helps me off the counter. The three of us make our way to the dining room with our plates. Mama brings in two glasses of wine and a sippy cup with juice for me.

"How was shopping, love?" Mommy asks as she takes a bite.

"It was really good. I think we're all set, just some last minute things before the wedding. Elizabeth is really excited." Mama smiles as she digs in.

"Dis is so good Mommy." I stuff my face and try not to talk with my mouth full. Mama and Mommy don't like when I talk with my mouth full.

"You helped." Mommy smiled at me before taking a sip of her wine.

"You helped? Good job, baby. You're right; this is amazing." Mama winks at Mommy over her wine glass.

My phone starts ringing in the kitchen. I hardly ever use it and never in headspace. It instantly brings me out of headspace.

"Umm I'll get it." I wipe my face an head to get my phone, cringing when I see the caller ID.

Scarlett's POV

"Should we?" I look over at my wife, who is still looking the direction Briella walked.

"I don't know? I've never seen her come out of headspace so quickly." Camden takes a sip of her wine. I fold my hands in front of my face with my elbows on the table as we wait in silence. Who could be calling her? I know she talks to Genny throughout the day when they're both out of headspace but she doesn't really text or call with other people.

We wait for probably 15 minutes before we hear Briella padding down the hall. "Umm that was my parents."

"Did you have a good talk, sweetie?" I try to cover my nerves by taking a drink. Briella seems to have a good relationship with her family. Although they don't seem overly close.

"They want to come for a visit. My brother is thinking about colleges here." She looks down at her hands and starts fiddling with her fingers.

"Well that's good, right love?" Camden turns to look at me and I nod and force a smile.

"Yes, of course. You haven't seen your family in a long time." I try to cover up my anxiety about this.

"I umm... can we all go to dinner? When they're here?" Bri looks up at me with her big blue eyes. She looks nervous.

"Of course, princess. What will we tell them about our... relationship?" Camden looks from Briella to me.

"I don't know what to tell them." Briella comes to sit beside me and I take her hand.

"It's okay. We can figure it out. When are they coming?"

"In two weeks."

"So we have some time. It will be okay." I give her hand a squeeze and we all go back to our dinner. Briella plays with her food mostly as we finish up.

"What do you need, princess?" Camden asks, cupping Briella's cheek and forcing her chin up to meet her eye.

"Can I be little?" She whispers.

"Always sweetheart." I pull her into my lap and kiss her forehead as Camden kisses her cheek. "Do you want to get her ready for bed while I clean up?" I look up at my wife and she nods.

"Come on, princess. Let's go pick your jammies." Camden kisses my lips and picks Bri up off my lap. Briella waves at me over Camden's shoulder as they head upstairs and I clear the table.

I'm lost in thought, cleaning the kitchen when I hear giggling coming down the stairs. No matter what I'm thinking or feeling; that giggle always puts a smile on my face.

"Hi sweetheart. Did you get all ready for bed?" I coo at Bri as she reaches for me and I take her in my arms. She wraps her legs around my waist and lays her head on my shoulder as her cold little fingers dip into my blouse.

"Milk, Mama?" Briella yawns and gives me a content smile.

"Sure, baby. In Mommy and Mama's bed?" Bri nods with her eyes closed and smiles a little wider. Cammie shuts everything off and we head upstairs to our room. I set Briella in the middle of our bed and she is trying really hard to stay awake as I strip out of my clothes and wash my face. "You still awake, baby?" I call out to the bedroom as I pull on some sleep shorts.

"Uh huh." She mumbles back making me chuckle.

Camden is pouting in bed when I walk into the bedroom, "What's wrong?"

"She won't cuddle because she would fall asleep and milk is the priority." Camden crosses her arms as I get into bed.

"She has her priorities straight, right baby?" I pull Briella to me and she instantly latches on my nipple, completely ignoring Camden and I. "This is why I didn't bother with a shirt." I chuckle.

"I think you're almost a nudist at this point." Camden giggles, laying behind Bri and snuggling in.

"Hey." I whisper, Camden's eyes open and meet mine, "We'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah, love. We're going to be okay." She leans up and pecks my lips before kissing Bri's cheek and turning off the lights. I really hope my anxiety is unfounded and that it doesn't rub off on Briella, but meeting her parents is freaking me out. I don't want anything to ruin what we have.