Chapter 57

Briella's POV

Nanny and Papa are here and I'm so excited! I was feeling really little, but as soon as I saw them all I want to do is run around with Papa and make cookies with Nanny.

"Good to see you Scarlett! Happy birthday." Nanny gives Mama a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, it's good to see you too. Are you part of the surprise? Are you coming with us?" Mama looks between Nanny and Papa before looking at Mommy.

"No. They are having a day with Bri. She is going to get their undivided attention." I smile when Mommy looks at me and winks her left eye. I try to do it back and Mommy chuckles. I think I did it.

"You're taking my baby all day?" Mama's voice does that thing when she worries and I turn to look at her.

"Mama?" I step in front of her and lift my arms. Mama picks me up and snuggles me close. I play with her hair and put my face in her neck.

"She will be fine, love. We aren't going far and she will be home by bedtime." I feel Mama nod and kiss my head.

"Sorry. I don't know why I'm being emotional."

"It's okay, honey. It's hard to leave our babies." Papa rubs Mama's back as I peak out at him. I giggle at the funny face he makes.

"Come here, princess." Mama kisses my head one more time before I'm plucked from her arms and in Mommy's. I wrap my arms around her neck and let my legs dangle as she puts her hands under my bum to hold me up. "Are you going to be a good girl for Nanny and Papa?"

I nod my head against her shoulder and play with her necklace. Mommy never wears jewelry. Her necklace has a knot on it like when I try to tie my shoes sometimes.

"I always a good girl." I mumble and Mommy kisses my cheek.

"You're right. How silly of me." Mommy smiles at me and puckers her lips. I give her kisses before Mama leans in with her lips puckered for kisses too.

"Alright, give me my grand baby." Nanny takes my hand as Mommy puts me on the ground and starts shooing my mommies out the door.

"I packed the bag you asked for, please have her home by bed time." Mommy looks at Nanny how I look at Mama when I want something.

"Get going. We have places to go."

"Bye baby! See you later!" Mama yells as the door closes.

"Now that we got rid of the fun police; are you ready to have fun with Nanny and I?" Papa smiles as he picks me up.

"Yes! What we doin' Papa?"

Katelyn's POV

Briella tilts her head and it's absolutely adorable.

"It's a surprise." I wiggle my eyebrows at her and tickle her belly causing her to giggle.

"Let's get a move on. I want to spend some time with my grand baby before my appointment."

"What 'pointment Papa?"

"You and me are going to have some fun while he goes to a boring appointment." I say animatedly to keep Briella smiling. In truth, Daniel has a doctors appointment in the city. They had a last minute cancellation. Not wanting to worry our daughter, we have kept it to ourselves until we know more.

"Let's go!"

***********

Briella's POV

This is the best day ever! The only thing that would have made it better was if Mama and Mommy were with us.

First we went to the park and I played with Papa. Nanny sat under a tree and watched us and then got all the stuff out for our picnic! It was so good. They had this dip and they let me dip all my food in it.