Chapter 33

Camden's POV

I don't really know what's going on. I got a call from Scarlett and she was in hysterics. She said she was on her way and to get to the ER. So here I'm standing, waiting for my wife.

I hear the doors open behind me and sobbing as the gurney is pushed past me. I'm not paying attention until I feel a tug on my lab coat. I look down and see a blood covered Boss trying to drag me into an exam room.

"Boss?" And then it clicks, "Briella!" I follow him in and see two officers standing in the room and my baby crying in the hospital bed. Her eyes are closed as I rush to her. She starts trying to fight me as I try to bring her into my arms.

"Baby! It's Mommy. Shhh it's okay." Her eyes snap to mine and she starts crying louder as she throws herself at me. I hold her to my chest as Boss jumps on the bed and lays on her legs. I look up to the officers, "What happened?"

"We got called to an attempted sexual assault at The Coffee House today." I think I just threw up in my mouth. I held Briella tighter as the officer continued. "It appears the incident happened in the back pantry and was interrupted but the German Shepherd." She nodded to Boss before looking back to me. "She told us he hit her face, but it's obvious that she has slipped. She was found by her coworkers with her pants to her knees and she had urinated on herself. We brought her here to get checked out but we don't think he made it that far."

"And the man?" I ask through gritted teeth.

The other officer tilted her head to the ER so Briella wouldn't know. "Currently receiving medical treatment. The dog did a lot of damage." I look at Boss and he looks almost proud of himself. I'm sure as hell proud of him.

"My wife is about to get here and she is going to be very upset. Can one of you wait for her outside and try to calm her down before she comes in here?" Briella had finally stopped sobbing and was just clinging to me and whimpering. I don't want her to freak out when Scarlett comes in. "She'll be the tall blonde, freaking out in business attire." The officers smirk and the one with the name tag McCall offered to go wait for my wife. After about 20 minutes my wife walks in with tears rolling down her face. She walks up beside me and as soon as her fingers touch Briella's head, her eyes shoot open. She makes grabby hands at Scarlett who is forcing a smile at our baby. Scarlett crawls into bed with Briella as I look to the officers.

"Can I talk to you both outside?" I know Briella will want to nurse and I don't want them in here for that. I also need more information about what happened and what is going to happened to that man. If I had it my way; he would be dead.

Scarlett's POV

I think I'm still in shock. The officer explained everything she knew to me, but asked if I would be able to get a definitive answer out of her if she was raped or not. I threw up after she asked me that. I cleaned myself up and came in here only to have my heart break at the sight. Camden went to talk to the officers alone and I can only imagine she didn't get the talk I did while she held our baby. Briella starts pulling at my shirt wanting to nurse, I'm sure for comfort at this point.

"Baby, can you tell Mama want happened? You can nurse right after and you don't have to talk. You can just snuggle with me." She whines but nods her head.

"Boss save me." She whispers.

"He did? That's so good of him baby. I'm so glad Boss was there." I push her hair behind her ear and look into her bloodshot eyes.

"Bad man hurted me Mama." Her eyes start watering again and tears threaten to fall. I'm struggling not to cry myself. All Camden and I want is for her to be happy and healthy, and here someone thought they could walk into her life and hurt MY baby. I can't imagine how she feels because I am absolutely devastated.

"Where baby?"

"He-he hitted me." She points to her cheek and I gently kiss it. She winces slightly, and has a red hand print that is already starting to bruise.

"Did he touch you anywhere else baby?"

"He-he pulled his pants down and his-his pee pee was out." I swallow even though my mouth feels like the Sahara desert. "He tried to touch my no no parts but-but Boss bited him. But Boss is a good boy!" I sigh, relieved that Boss got there when he did. I pet his head that now rests on Briella's stomach.

"Baby did they clean you up?" I lift the blanket she see she is still wearing the leggings she was wearing this morning. She shook her head and I looked around the room. I saw a sink and some rags. I got to get up and Briella whimpers as she clings to me.

"I'm just going to clean you up and then you can nurse and snuggle." I kiss her head and grab my supplies. I get Boss off the bed and get to work cleaning her up. I leave her naked from the waist down and cover her up with some new blankets before climbing in with her and opening my button up shirt. I open my nursing bra and Briella latches on instantly when she sees my nipple. She is still whimpering once in a while but I just hold her close and rub her back. Boss jumps back on the bed, laying across my feet. Eventually, I switch her to the other side as Camden walks in. Briella's eyes are closed but she isn't fully asleep yet. She is still nursing strongly and playing with my hair.

"Did you find out anything?" My usually stoic and strong wife is looking at me defeated. I hate seeing my girls like this.

"He didn't have time to. He just pulled down her pants when Boss came in and defended her." I look down at Briella's face and see all the tension. I start rubbing the lines in her face, hoping to help her relax. It's seems to be working as her suckling is slowing and her face is relaxing.

"The cops are headed back to The Coffee House to watch the security footage." Camden says from beside me.

"You want steak tonight buddy? You name it and it's yours." I look at my wife and see her wiping Boss' muzzle with a wet cloth trying to wash the blood way.

I can't help but think about the horrible reality of the situation. What would have happened if Boss wasn't there? If he didn't hear her? If he didn't protect her? I shiver and look down at Bri, who is now sleeping. Her mouth is slack around my nipple but she still has managed to maintain her latch.

I can't help but think that the next while in our lives are going to be a little difficult. I will do anything for Briella and I know that Camden feels the same way. I just hope she isn't too traumatized because quite frankly, I am scared to let her out of my sight. I play with Briella's hair while she sleeps and allow my tears to run down my cheeks. We got so lucky today. What happened to my baby, is absolutely horrible; but it could have ended so much worse.