Chapter 73

Scarlett's POV

Getting a sick baby to stay in her seat when all she wants is to be held and snuggled; is a huge feat.

Briella cried the whole way home after we woke her to take her medicine. I sat in the backseat with her and held her the best I could but it's wasn't enough for her. She wanted to be in my lap and to nurse.

I watch as Camden carries her inside while I carry the bags and try not to cry. I hate seeming her so miserable. I just want to make it better, and having to wait until we get home just makes it harder.

"Shhh princess. You're okay." Camden bounces our girl around the living room while I drop off our things and change my clothes. When I make it upstairs, I pull on a pair of Camden's boxers that she likes to sleep in and a tank top with no bra. I have a feeling I'll be nursing a lot and easy access is a must.

As I walk into the living room I notice Camden has managed to calm Bri down a bit. My baby is sucking on her fingers and hanging on every word her Mommy is whispering. I take a second to admire my girls. I know it bothers Camden that Briella is closer with me, but looking at them today you would never know that. Camden kisses her forehead and continues to whisper with our baby. Briella gives a short nod and bunches her fists full of Camden's blouse.

Not wanting to interrupt their adorable moment, I start to back away but Bri's big blue eyes spot me first. The tears start up again as she uses one hand to reach for me, opening and closing her fist as the other continues her death grip of my wife's shirt. I make my way to them and take Bri's hand. She holds it between her and Camden's chests, squishing it when she lays her head on my wife's shoulder. Camden shoots me a wink as she resumes her slight sway. Camden is still in her work clothes and heels, making the usual one inch she has on me, four. I know she likes when I'm barefoot.

I roll my eyes at her playfully and start rubbing Briella's back with my other hand. She has her face buried in Camden's neck, so I barely hear her whisper, "Milk?"

Camden chuckles, "Not from me, princess. Let's get you and Mama comfy on the couch for some snuggles and milk, okay?" She kisses her forehead again.

"Mommy." Briella whines. She wants both of us to snuggle with her.

"Mommy will snuggle too, she has to get changed first." I reassure my baby while I settle into the couch. As soon as Briella is in my lap, her hand is in my shirt. Shaking my head, I grab the blanket from the back of the couch and wrap it around us. I pull my tank top down and Briella tries to latch instantly. She struggles and starts to get frustrated. This happens when she is really tired or not feeling well, I should be used to it but I'm not. I try not to wince at the pinch in my breast as I adjust her latch and help her take more of my nipple into her mouth, sighing when she gets a steady rhythm going.

I lean back, getting comfortable on the couch just in time to watch my wife's ass as she disappears up the stairs. Damn.

I focus my attention back on Briella as she nurses and kneads my breasts with her hands. Her eyes are droopy and unfocused as she gently pushes on the breast she is currently suckling. I push her hair out of her face and her blue eyes look up to mine for a long moment. God, I love her.

I eventually hear Camden come downstairs and start rummaging in the kitchen as Briella fights to keep her eyes open. Camden comes in with drinks and snacks, loading the coffee table with supplies before taking us in on the couch.

"Help me switch her and then we can all get comfortable?" I speak softly, hoping Briella is close to sleep. The medicine seems to be making her drowsy but she's fighting it really hard.

Camden nods, and starts to unwrap our burrito. Bri does not like this at all as she loses her latch and starts having a mini meltdown. I shift quickly and pop my other breast out, helping her latch this time before the frustration sets in. Camden climbs in behind me, pulling my back to her chest and wrapping her arms around us.

"Love? Don't take this the wrong way... but are your breast bigger?" Camden kisses my neck and I turn my head to look at her face, following her gaze to Briella suckling like her life depends on it. I blush instantly. Yes, they have been getting bigger. And I haven't said anything to Camden.

"Umm yes?" I try to focus on Briella as she starts tweedling my other nipple. I was trying to get her latched so quickly, I never tucked that breast away.

"It's not bad, love. I swear." Camden kisses my neck again. "I only asked because it's been a while since we've sat like this, and I can hardly see Bri's face over the swell of your breast."

Her words were meant to placate me, but they just made me more self conscious. I know they have gotten larger. My body has changed even though I didn't actually go through birth. My breast have grown to meet the demands of our little who has a big appetite. I've always been busty, but not like this.

"Hey." Camden holds me a little tighter as I continue to focus on Briella and her little pink tongue poking out. "I love your body, baby." Camden whispers in my ear, "Every single curve. Especially, your thighs." Camden nips at my neck and I can't help the blush or smile on my face.

"Thank you." I kiss her shoulder and sit up a bit so she can reach the remote. We settle in to watch a new documentary. Briella slowly falls asleep, but her latch never breaks naturally. Camden hands me a pacifier, even though we're trying to break her of the habit we know our limits. Sick babies are a hard limit. I use my finger to break Briella latch, holding my breath when her face contorts and she whimpers. I slip the pacifier between her lips and she buries her face in my breasts before sucking a steady rhythm on the pacifier.

"Good job, love." Camden chuckles as we watch Briella nuzzle my bare breasts. I hold my own laugh, trying not to jostle her too much. I manage to get one side of my tank top pull back into place over the next 20 minutes while we watch tv. I watch Briella shift slightly in sleep and know she's going to wake up in a younger headspace than she was earlier. She doesn't have very much control of her head and it's like her limbs are weighted down.

"You ready for an infant tonight, babe?" I ask. We both usually look forward to it. But with her being sick and not being able to communicate what's wrong or hurting is not going to be a walk in the park. I'm already tired tomorrow from the night time feedings.

"With you? Always." Camden smiles against my neck as we enjoy a few moments of quiet.