Chapter 82

Scarlett's POV

I wake up as Camden gets out of bed. Her pager is going off and she turns it off quickly trying to let me sleep.

"What is it?" I mumble as I stretch.

"Go back to sleep, love. I have to go into the hospital." Camden kisses my cheek before rushing into the closet and throwing on scrubs. I hear her brushing her teeth and flushing the toilet but I'm too tired to open my eyes again. What the hell time is it?

I must doze off again because the next thing I know I feel the bed sip beside me as Bri is laid down beside me. Camden tucks her in while she stays asleep, kisses her forehead and then grabs her phone before leaving out bedroom.

***

"Mama?" Briella whispers against my neck. I moan as I start to wake up feeling her little body pressed against mine.

"Morning, baby." I kiss her cheek with my eyes still closed.

"Mornin' Mama. I waked up here."

I open one eye and see her looking up at me with big questioning eyes.

"Mmmm, Mommy brought you in when she left for work." That seems to satisfy her and she nods.

"Mama? Milk p'ease?" She asks sweetly as her hand trails up my stomach under my shirt.

"One second, baby." I roll onto my back and stretch my arms above my head. I sleep like the dead last night. I pull myself up to sit against the headboard and help Briella get into my lap. I lift my shirt and support my breast so she can latch easily and she starts suckling strongly. "Slowly, sweetheart." I chuckle as she looks up at me with her big blue eyes. Once she's all situated, I reach over and grab my cell phone. I frown at the message from Camden: hey baby, don't go to work today. We got a huge snowstorm and there was a huge accident on the highway. I'll worry if you and Bri don't stay home! Ps I made it to work safely so don't worry about me ;)

I send her a quick reply before checking the headlines and weather seeing that she is completely right. I send an email to my HR and tell them to send out a mass message about people working from home if it's unsafe for them to come to work. I text Isla (Kelly) and let her know to stay home and keep my sister there.

I look down at Briella who is still suckling steadily and playing with my necklace. I use my finger to break her latch and get her on the other breast. She whines slightly before my milk drops and she's back to being content. She plays with my other nipple now that my necklace has fallen under my t-shirt.

"We're staying home today. Do you want me to text Martin for you?" She looks up at me and I see a flicker of recognition, almost like she came out of headspace for a split second before the innocence is back. She nods slightly against my breast and I ignore the pinch as she tugs on my nipple.

I text her boss that we're staying home due to the weather before focusing on my girl. Now that we're staying home she is more relaxed. I relax into the pillows as well. I feel like the timer that's always there in the morning is off and we can relax. There isn't a rush to do anything today.

Camden's POV

Today was the day from hell at work. I lost a patient, which doesn't happen very often in orthopaedics. The woman's leg was mangled but it was the internal injuries that got her. I still has to go with the general surgeon to tell her family. There was a twenty car pileup on the highway with multiple casualties and with the snow even I struggled to get to work. I told my girls to stay home because I worried about them getting to and from work.

I drop my bags and coat at the door. My back aches so I stretch causing it to pop angrily in multiple places. My boots and scrubs go next. I put them right in washing machine and walk to the kitchen.

I'm bent over in the fridge looking for something to eat when I find all the ingredients for nachos.

"Baby, I thought there was a raccoon in here."

I yelp and turn around. Scarlett is leaning her elbows on the counter looking at me like she wants to eat me alive. I look down and my bra and panties, chuckling. I shouldn't be surprised when I'm showing this much skin.

"I'm starving, love." I grumble as I pull everything out. "Do you want nachos?"

"It's 9pm?" She laughs. "Let me. Go shower." She takes some peppers from my hand and starts washing and cutting veggies.

"I love you!" I run up the stairs so I can shower quickly.

I put on sweat pants and my university t-shirt before slinking down the stairs. I'm even more tired now but I need to refuel. I start salivating when I smell the nachos. "Oh, I love you." I mean to say it to Scarlett but I can't stop looking at the nachos. She put extra cheese on them. She must love me.

"I love you. And I don't mean the nachos." I look up and she her rolling her eyes at me but she has a soft smile on her face. I sit at the island and start stuffing my face. Scarlett hands me a bowl with sour cream and a drink.

"Is this a margarita?" I ask as I sip it.

"To go with your nachos." She laughs. "When was the last time ate today, babe?" She pushes my wet hair behind me ear.

"I don't know." I pause before I finish chewing. "I had an apple before I left for work."

"Baby! You left like," she looks at the clock, "18 hours ago! You can't do that." She sighs and takes a sip of my margarita.

"Where's Bri?" I look around for my princess.

"She fell asleep just before you got home. I put her in bed."

"Do you mind if I bring her to bed? I think I could use some snuggles." I sigh. I'm getting full already but I don't want to stop eating.

"I can snuggle with you." Scarlett smirks at me, "But I understand. Bri does give the best cuddles."

"Come on, I'll clean this up in the morning." I stand up and drain my margarita. Scarlett takes my hand and kisses me softly.

"Let's get our girl." Scarlett mumbles against my lips.

All I need are these two girls and I know everything will be okay.