Chapter 81

*white out conditions in Ontario and snow/rain mix with flash freezing? Got to come home early so a chapter for you 😂*

Scarlett's POV

"Babe?" I hear whispered in my ear. I can't tell if I'm dreaming or if Camden is trying to wake me up so I just snuggle into my pillows and hum softly.

"No babe, you need to open your eyes." She chuckles as she tugs my blankets. I groan and roll onto my back, glaring at my wife. "Those aren't nice eyes." She smirks down at me.

"I'm so tired." I scrub my hand down my face.

"Worth it." Camden pecks my lips and I know I blush crimson. "Happy birthday." Camden snuzzles my neck.

"Thank you." We cuddle together for a while before our door flings open and feet slap against our hardwood floors.

"Mama! It your bifday!" Briella screeches as she launches herself onto our bed. Her smile is contagious and soon enough, we're all laughing with her while she gives out hugs and morning snuggles.

"This is already the best birthday ever." I kiss her head, leaning back into Cammie's arms. Briella rubs her face on my chest, silently asking to nurse.  I lift my shirt, allowing Bri to latch and sigh with contentment. This really is a fantastic day. I would lounge here with my girls all day. "I don't want to go to work."

"Good thing I called out for you. We're playing hook." Camden kisses my neck, reaching down to brush Bri's hair from her forehead.

"You did?" I ask excitedly. She never calls into work. She's always afraid someone is going to die if they are too short handed and it would be all her fault.

"I booked it off weeks ago so I could spend the whole day with you guys." Camden's alarm goes off on the nightstand and she wiggles out from behind me.

"Where are you going?" I pout, I can't help it.

"Relax, I'll be right back. The breakfast casserole is done and I'll serve my girls in bed." She winks at me as she pulls on sweat pants over her underwear.  I watch her sashay out of our bedroom before turning my attention to Bri.

"Your Mommy has been busy this morning." I reach down and kiss her head again. Bri watches me talk to her and snuggles against me. I could definitely spend a day with these two.

Camden comes back shortly with two bottles of water, a huge bowl of breakfast casserole and three forks. "Were you a Girl Scout?" I smile up at her as she sets the supplies on the nightstand.

"No, but I am always prepared." She winks and climbs into the bed beside me. She picks up the bowl and gets a fork full of our breakfast, turns to me and holds it out. I flash her a smile before opening my mouth and letting her feed me. Briella watches but isn't ready to give up her milk yet. Camden and I share most of the breakfast while Briella nurses until her curiosity about what we're eating gets the better of her.

"Bri?" She sits up on my lap and points to herself. I see we have a young toddler this morning.

"You can have some. Open up, princess." Camden brings a forkful of tater tot's, cheese, bacon and eggs. Bri's eyes widen as she chews. She chews quickly, opening her mouth again for her next bite.

"Isn't it really good?" I pry.

All we get it a nod and an open, expectant mouth. Camden feeds the rest of our breakfast to our baby. "What do we want to do today?" I ask Bri who thinks dramatically with her finger to her chin.

"Games? An' snacks!" She exclaims.

"You always think of your tummy." Camden starts to tickle Briella's belly making our girl squirm and giggle. It's my favourite sound.

"Okay, let her breath babe." I laugh, pulling Briella back into my arms, "What are we playing?"

"I dunno, Mama." Her big blue eyes look up into my green ones.

"Hmm, how about dice poker?" Technically, Briella won't be able to play it while she's in headspace but I can have her roll for me. She likes to roll the dice.

"Yes, Mama." Briella's head nods quickly.

"How about you and Mama have a bath first? Then games?" I kiss her cheek.

"An' snacks."

"Right. How could I forget?" I giggle as I stand with Briella in my arms.

"I dunno, Mama."

I shake my head turning to Camden, "Are you joining us?"

Camden makes a face, she isn't a fan of baths in general and baths with Briella aren't usually all that relaxing.

"I'll clean the kitchen and get the games ready." When Briella opens her mouth, Camden continues, "And the snacks."

Briella seems pleased with Cammie's response so we head into the bathroom to get started. Once the tub is full and our pyjamas are stripped off, we climb into the tub. Briella let's me scrub her down and wash her hair before she starts playing with her water toys and bath crayons. I sit back and soak, happy to watch her.

"Mama?"

"Yes, sweetheart."

"Why don't I have boobies like you?" She looks down at the small breasts she has. She never has to wear a bra as they are barely there. I glance at my own breasts that have doubled in size since I started producing milk.

"Well, Mama has milk right? You don't have milk." I'm trying to keep this simple since she seems to be young in her headspace. She mulls that over for a moment before looking at me again.

"Mommy has boobies?"

"She does." My wife's chest is half my size but she still has way more than Bri.

"No milk?"

"That's right. I suppose only mommies have boobies and only sometimes have milk. But Mama does." I point to myself and she nods, seeming to accept my explanation. I smile to myself because I managed to not blush with embarrassment.

"Can we have music?" Briella stumbles over the word music adorably, making me smile.

"Sure sweetie." I turn the speakers on in our bathroom and start Briella's favourite playlist. She mumbles the words to her favourite songs and dances while playing. Today is shaping up to be just what I needed.