Chapter 48

UghSt00pid here's the first half of my end of the bargain ;)

Scarlett's POV

Today we are all going back to work.

That's why I'm up at this ungodly hour. Camden needs to leave soon to start her shift and I got up with her. Briella only works until noon today, before she will come to my office and then she has a doctors appointment. Lucky her, her Mommy is going to do her check up. I'm most nervous about the blood work. I don't want my baby crying or upset and I'm not sure how she will react to needles, but I'd put money on not well.

"Are you ready to go, babe?" I walk into the walk in closet, seeing Camden putting on her necklace. She puts her wedding ring on that when she has surgery. It has an 'S' on it and now it has Briella's birth stone. I get distracted when she turns to me. She is wearing a rather tight pencil skirt and a short sleeved blouse that's the colour of red wine. Everything down the her heels in making me flush. When my eyes meet her's I see mischief in them as she smirks at me. "What?"

"I said yes. But I want to say bye to Bri first." She shakes her head at me, but she is still smiling.

"Sorry. I was distracted by my beautiful wife. It's really not fair to your patients or coworkers for you to look that delicious." I tilt my head back when she walks to me. With her 3 inch heels and me being bare foot, I have to look up to her and I know she loves it.

"Too bad for them. I don't feel even a little sorry for being taken." Camden kisses me and it takes my breath away.

"Let's go. Before you're late." I whisper as I take her hand. We walk to Briella's room, and I'm not surprised to find her passed out in her crib. Her pacifier is bobbing between her lips and she has herself laying in an awkward position with her bum in the air.

Camden walks to Briella, while I watch from the doorway. I'm a little surprised when I see Cammie pick up Briella and sway with her in her arms. Bri's head is on Camden's shoulder while her legs dangle on either side of her waist. I can hear her talking softly to Bri, but I can't make out what she is saying.

I don't mind her waking Bri. It means she can nurse this morning and I won't have to pump. She will be happier if she gets to be little for a bit before she has to work.

Camden walks to me slowly and passes Briella over. She is still mostly asleep, but I can see her stirring. She opens her eyes to look at me before closing them and placing her head on my shoulder. "Sleepy girl." I kiss Bri's head before turning back to Camden.

"Have a good day, love. I'll see you later." Camden kisses my lips twice.

"Bye babe. I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye baby." Camden runs a hand down Bri's back and then she leaves.

"Time to wake up sleepy head." I kiss Briella's head again as she whines into my neck. "Come on, baby." I take her to my bed and sit against the headboard. Briella wakes up when she realizes what's going on and she starts pulling gently on my shirt. I lift one side and help her latch onto my left breast. She suckles eagerly as her hand rest on the swell on my breast. Bri holds eye contact while she noisily drinks. "Noisy girl." I brush her blonde hair away from her face.

My baby grunts at me but doesn't stop nursing. I love these quiet moments with her. I bring her hand to my mouth and kiss her fingers which makes her smile. I quickly wipe the milk that dribbles down her chin before switching her to my other breast.

"Are you ready for today?" Briella shakes her head while still nursing. I fight the grimace as she pulls on my nipple. "Careful baby. Why aren't you ready? Mama will be with you." I play with her hair and I can see the pout around my nipple.

"Mama?" Briella sits up and straddles my lap. She is playing with my shirt and not making eye contact.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I don' wan' go work. Don' wan' leave Mama and Mommy." Briella pouts as a single tear runs down her cheek.

"Awe. Baby, it's okay. You only work until noon today, and Stephen is picking you up. You can slip as soon as you get in the car, okay?"

"Kay, Mama." Briella nods and I gently grab her chin, lifting her face to mine.

"I love you, baby."

"Luv Mama."

I lean forward and give her an Eskimo kiss which gets a smile from my baby.

"Let's go."

*********

"Mama!" I look up from my email to see Briella barreling to me. I instantly smile and push my chair back so I can catch her.

"I missed you, baby! How was your day?" She crawled into my lap and started messing with my buttons. I chuckle and help her get my breast out.

"Missed Mama."

"You missed Mama? Or missed Mama's boob?" I chuckle as she gives me the most innocent smile. I roll my eyes as she latches as my phone starts ringing.

"Hi babe. Say hi baby." I bring my phone back so Camden can see both of us on the screen and she smiles. I'm glad she is in her office so no one can see us.

"Hi my loves. Are you guys headed to me?" Camden gives me that megawatt smile and I can't help but smile back at her.

"Yes, I have Stephen keeping the car warm but little miss needed something first." I nodded my head at Briella who was still nursing strongly and fisting my shirt.

"I'll be waiting." Camden still smiling and starts waving, "Bye princess. See you soon."

Briella is not paying attention to anything but nursing so I grab her hand and wave at Camden. My wife chuckles and hangs up.

"You almost done sweetheart?" Briella side eyes me and I playfully shake my head at her.

*********

Briella and I walk hand in hand into the hospital. I text Camden we were here and she asked us to meet her near the exam room.

"Mommy!" Briella whispers as she seeing Camden standing there in all her glory. Damn, my wife's hot.

"Hi my loves!" Camden kisses my lips before kissing Briella's head and leading us in the exam room.

The exam went extremely well. Until the blood work which was how I expected. More tears than I anticipated though. Hers and mine.

Camden is holding Bri the same way she did this morning before she left with Briella crying into her Mommy's neck.

"She did really well. Everything was normal, and I'll get the blood work later." I nod along with Camden as I smile sadly at our baby in her arms.

"Come here, baby." I take Bri in my arms, "You did so well baby."

"Home." She whispers into my neck.

"We're going home. Mommy will meet us there in a bit when she is done okay?" I feel Briella nod against my neck and Camden gives her a sad smile.

"Mommy will bring home your favourite ice cream."

"Ben and 'erry's?" Briella's head snaps up and I wipe her tears off her cheeks.

"Cookie dough." Camden nods with a shit eating grin. My baby is going to be wound for sound later and I know who is going to be playing with her to get her energy out. Mommy.