Chapter 20

Scarlett's POV

I yelled. A lot.

I resent my staff for not being able to handle this nightmare without me and keeping me away from my baby. My assistant had to call for a break and I'm using this time to FaceTime Briella and Cammie. Hopefully, Bri is feeling better.

"Look Bri, it's Mama!" Camden whispers loud enough for me to hear as Briella peaks out of her cocoon on Camden's lap.

"Mama!" She whines and pouts at me. It breaks my heart.

"Hi baby! How are you feeling?" She just sticks her lip out further and tears roll down her cheeks. Camden kisses her cheek and looks at me.

"Very little. Her fever is slightly better but we have graduated to vomiting. I'm assuming she has a headache because she doesn't like bright lights or lifting her head off my chest or wherever she is laying. Pretty nonverbal. We are doing okay, but she definitely wants her Mama." Camden gave me a sad smile while rocking Briella softly.

"I'm trying to get this all done today. I'll take the first flight back. Kelly called a break because I was scaring people, I was so furious."

"Play nice, love. They didn't make Briella sick." Camden smirks at me. She has some god damn nerve.

"I know that. But they are the reason I'm not with her now." I snap slightly. "Sorry, babe." I sigh.

"It's okay. You should pump and get back in there for you can get home sooner. It will help you calm down." I hadn't even noticed the ache from my breasts. It's been almost 8 hours since Briella nursed and she didn't drink that much.

"You're right." I got up and locked my office door and got my pump out of my bag. I never even checked into my hotel because I want to get out of here asap.

"Aren't I always? We love you. See you soon." Camden looked down at Briella to get her to say bye but she was passed out already. I smiled and blew her a kiss before ending the call. I really do need to calm down. Looking at Briella contently sleeping in Camden's arms, even though I know she is sick; made me feel a little better.

I try to relax as I answer emails as I pump, but there is a lot of commotion going on outside my door. I quickly text my assistant to come in, she has a key and I don't care if she knows what I'm doing. I throw a small blanket over my chest for modesty only. I don't need a lawsuit. She sneaks through the door and quickly closes and locks it behind her. She looks up at me from the papers she is holding and her steps stutter and she blushes slightly.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I thought you asked me to come see you."

"I did. When I'm done here in.." I look at the bottles and guesstimate how much longer I have to pump, ".. 20 minutes I want everyone in the conference room. I will also need you to look into the next flight back. I don't plan on spending the night. I need to get home ASAP."

"Yes ma'am." Kelly turns and leaves my office to hopefully get everything ready. It's going to be a long afternoon.

Camden's POV

It has been the longest day of my life. Having sick babies is not fun at all and I now feel bad for judging the parents that came in with sick kids. It's no joke.

Briella has been better than expected. She is trying to stay calm and not scream and cry, although I know she wants too. She is clinging to me like a monkey but I don't mind. She stopped vomiting around 3pm and it's now a little after 10pm. I managed to get her to eat some soup for dinner and when she kept that down she took a bottle before I put us both to bed. She is asleep on my chest. She wanted to wait up for Scarlett, but I told her the faster she went to sleep, the faster her Mama would be here. Hopefully she keeps her milk in her belly tonight or she will be a very upset baby.

****************

"Shit!" I hear Scarlett whisper yell at herself. I groggily open my eyes and try to sit up but I feel Briella is on my chest.

"Babe?" I whisper as I see her turn to face me.

"Go back to sleep baby. It's 4am." She leans down and presses a soft kiss on my lips before kissing Bri's head and brushing some hair out of her face. Scarlett turns around and heads for the bathroom before I hear the shower turn on. Yeah I'm not sleeping now. I carefully get out from underneath Briella and head to join my wife in the shower.

****************

Briella's POV

I wake up feeling someone move me. I'm cradled against a chest and that's when I realize it's my Mama. I quickly open my eyes and instantly regret it when I am blinded by the sunlight. We must be in my room because Mama and Mommy have blackout curtains. I settle for nuzzling into her chest and smiling.

"Are you awake, sweetheart? Will you let Mama see those pretty eyes?" Mama rubs her cheek and nose on my face and neck making me giggle. "Oh you are cheeky. Pretending to be asleep and trying to trick Mama."

"Someone must be feeling better. I got no giggles yesterday. Negative giggles." I peaked over at Mommy and she was pouting. I looked back up at Mama and she was making funny faces at me.

"I give up! She only smiles for you." Mommy throws her hands up and shakes her head but she's smiling.

"Wuv Mommy. Wuv Mama." I mumble before curling back into Mama. I wonder if they will let me sleep more.

"We love you too, princess. Love, are you going to nurse before Elizabeth comes over?" As soon as I heard Mommy ask that I tried to sit up.

"Aunt 'Izzie?"

"Thanks, babe. Yes sweetheart. Aunt Lizzie is coming. But we need to get you changed and nursed before she can come, okay?" I nodded as Mama got up and quickly changed my diaper before sitting back in the rocking chair. I really missed Mama. By baba just isn't the same.

Camden's POV

I need to leave this room before I say something else to get myself in trouble. But of course, I naturally gravitate to Scarlett and Briella as she nurses. They both just look at peace and it's calming to even just be with them. After what only felt like a few moments I heard Elizabeth yelling from downstairs. Briella instantly unlatched and started moving her head around trying to find her Aunt. I laughed as Scarlett wiped the milk from her chin and handed her to me.

"Come on. Mommy will take you to see your Auntie while Mama changes." I coo at my princess.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Scarlett raised her perfectly sculpted eyebrow at me.

"Nothing love. You just have milk dripping from your left boob so I thought you would want to take care of that and change your shirt." I laughed at the look on her face as I left the room. "You never finished your breakfast." I whisper to Briella who plays with my hair as she rests her head on my shoulder. Really little it is.