Chapter 53

AN: this is a surprise collaboration with UghSt00pid with her story "Small but Mighty" ❤️ hope you enjoy reading as much as we did writing it! Make sure you check out the crossovers in her book! Chapters are Oh, Canada!

Briella's POV

Mommy and Mama said that some lady was coming over today to talk about the plans they had for the main floor. I think it looks great I don'tu know why they want to change it.

I'm colouring a picture for Mama and Mommy. Maybe they will hang it up in one of the new rooms! My tongue is poking out and I giggle because Mommy always tries to grab it when it's poking out.

I look up when I hear heels walking down the stairs, I don't know who it is because they both always wear those. I don't like wearing those, they hurt my feet. I smile when I see Mama walking towards me and she gives me a big smile back. I scramble to get up and rush to hug her. Mommy got me ready this morning because she said Mama needed to sleep, whatever that means.

"Missed you Mama." I whispered into her chest. I wonder if she will let me nurse.

"I missed you too, baby. Are you ready to meet some new people?" Mama looked down at me with a careful smile. I don't want to meet new people, I want to nurse and have snuggles.

"Nos." I whine and rub my face against her.

"Come on, baby. Do you want to stay little or be big? We can have your favourite dinner and snuggles later." Mama is trying to bribe me. It's not going to work.

Okay, maybe it is.

"Getti?" I look up at her with big eyes. That's how you get stuff.

"Yes, sweetheart. Mommy will make you spaghetti." Mama pulls my hand away from my face because my fingers were in my mouth. How did they get there?

"I be big." I pout. I don't want to but I don't want people to see me more. Mama leans down and kisses my cheek before taking a step back. I walk over to the couch and sit down, I can already feel myself coming out of little space. This sucks.

Mommy walks down the stairs and smiles at me before kissing Mama's cheek. I start to get up and freeze when I hear someone at the door. Mommy goes to answer it and Mama gives me a gentle smile and holds her hand out to me.

We make our way to the door and I can't really see around Mommy. I can hear her talking to someone and then she steps aside so they can walk in. I wasn't expecting to see a brunette woman holding a toddler in her arms. She's almost as tall as Mama and the little girl has beautiful blonde curls.

"Love, this is Hazel and her daughter Mila. She's the interior decorator I've been emailing." Mommy smiles as Mama moves to shake Hazel's hand.

"Hi I'm Scarlett."

"Nice to finally meet you." Hazel smiles at Mama and then turns to me. She has that look that Mama does and it makes my stomach flutter and I have to fight the urge to slip under her gaze. "Hello, there."

I smile and step behind Mama, peaking out a bit. "This is Briella, Bri, can you say hi?" Mommy gives me an encouraging smile and I wave shyly.

"Hi."

The toddler is staring at me and I don't know why it's making me feel anxious. It's like she knows my secret, but that's absolutely ridiculous: she's a baby.

"Hi! I Miwa!" She waves her chunky baby hand at me and I smile at her and wave back.

"Bri, do you want to watch a movie in the living room while we give Hazel a tour? We have to have a short meeting in our office." Mama turns and brushes my hair back. She's going to make me slip.

"Sure." I mumble as I turn to leave I hear Mila loudly behind me.

"Miwa too, Mama?"

I turn and look at them. I don't know anything about babysitting. I'm a baby myself. Mommy looks at me and nods her head.

"O-okay."

"Are you sure it's okay? I'm sure you don't want to watch cartoons and Mila will definitely make you put them on." Hazel let out a chuckle as she eyes me slightly.

"It's perfectly okay, we will be close if you need us okay?" Mama smiles and I nod. Mila is placed on the ground and she toddles to me before reaching for my hand and dragging me behind her even though she doesn't know where she is going.

"What do you want to watch, Mila?" I ask her as we make it to the living room. I notice my colouring stuff is still on the floor, along with my bear, Toby. Nanny and Papa gave him to me for Christmas.

"Miwa don' know." Mila squeals when she sees the colouring books on the floor. I help her find a picture she likes in one of the easier books and turn on Hercules. It's one of my favourites I can watch over and over again and it's a classic.

I don't know when we both stopped colouring, but when I look over at Mila her mouth is slightly open and there is a little drool coming out. I cover my mouth to stop my giggle when I hear our mothers talking as they walk to the living room.

Mila turns her head when she hears Hazel's voice and runs to her mom.

"Wan chur bewbie." Mila yells, rather loudly. She reaches up and pulls on Hazel's pants, who chuckles nervously as her cheeks turn a little red.

"You can go ahead, we don't mind." Mama smiles at her before glancing at me. I bet my face is more red than Hazel.

"If you're sure." Hazel picks up her daughter and walks over to the couch. Mommy and Mama sit across from her while she holds Mila across her lap, unbuttons her blouse and helps Mila latch. I know it's rude to stare but I can't help it. I didn't get to nurse this morning and it's now all I can think about.

I look up from my spot on the floor and Hazel is already looking at me. She smiles at me again, making my tummy tingly and I turn to look at Mama.

Mama's eyes widen slightly and she calls me over. I quickly crawl to them and she picks me up so I'm facing her and I bury my face in her neck.

I can hear Mommy and Hazel talking but I don't know what they are saying. I start sucking my thumb to comfort myself. I've slipped.

I start crying when I realize I'm being super weird in front of these new people. Hazel is going to think I'm a freak and isn't going to want to work from Mommy anymore and she was so excited.

I quickly jump off Mama's lap and run to my nursery. I hide behind my crib and grab my paci that I left in there. Why do I have to be so weird?