Chapter 40

Camden's POV

I hold Scarlett's hand as we walk down the street. It's been a long time since it was just the two of us. We love Briella so much, but was can't forget about each other.

"I'm glad we're doing this." I smile at my wife as she turns to look at me.

"Me too. I missed having dates with you. I didn't even realize how long it's been, but it was too long." Scarlett leans in to kiss me softly.

"I completely agree. We should ask Lizzie to watch Briella once in a while so I can take you on a proper date."

"I'd like that." Scarlett smiles at me even wider and lays her head on my shoulder.

We make it to the restaurant. It's not that fancy of a place, but it's one of our favourites. It's the place I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Scarlett. We hadn't even been together that long. Halfway through dinner I was watching her as she threw her head back and laughed at something stupid I said and it just clicked. I was irrevocably in love with her.

"Hi there! Table for two?" A very cheery blonde asks us while stealing a glance at Scarlett's cleavage. Can't say I blame her.

"Yes. For my wife and I." Scarlett squeezes my hand, subtly telling me she also saw while reassuring me. I know I don't have anything to worry about, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

"Of course. Please follow me."

I pull out Scarlett's chair before taking my own.

"Wine for the table?" 

I don't know shit about wine, but I know Scarlett loves it.

"I'll just have a glass of the merlot. Babe, what did you want?" Scarlett looks at me.

"A Corona, please." The hostess leaves and I turn to my wife. "You could have got the bottle babe, I would have had some with you."

"I really shouldn't have more than one glass or I can't nurse Briella." Scarlett smiles at me as she reaches for my hand.

Dinner flies by. We talk about everything. Work, and our friends before circling back to Briella. The cheque comes and just like every meal out we share, I refuse to let my wife pay.

"You haven't let me pay for a meal in 10 years. You're like my sugar mama." Scarlett smirks at me as she stands and takes my hand.

"You're Mama. I'm Mommy. Remember?" I chuckle at the look she gives me before we head outside. I quickly notice soft music coming from the park across the street. I smile at Scarlett before dragging her to the park and she giggles slightly behind me.

"Dance with me."

"That didn't sound like a question, Mrs. Adams." Scarlett smirks as she turns to face me.

I take her hand and hold it to my chest as I wrap my other hand around her waist. I give her a gentle smile as she places one hand on my shoulder and presses her body against mine.

"I love you, Mrs. Adams."

Briella's POV

I was right. Nanny absolutely loved Tangled.

I don't know how Papa felt about it, but he must have been really tired because he started snoring before I've got a Dream.

We played Uno and Candyland and Nanny made cookies while Papa and I had a tea party!

"Come on munchkin. It's time to get ready for bed. Nanny and Papa don't want to get in trouble with your Mommies for keeping you up too late."

I pout looking up at Nanny. I don't want to go to bed, I want to wait up for Mama and Mommy. I stand and take her hand as she leads me upstairs to the bathroom. I chew my fingers as she starts the bathtub.

"Do you think you're big enough to bath yourself or do you need my help?"

"I do. But you stay close?" I whisper as I look up at her. She isn't that much taller than me. Definitely shorter than Mama and Mommy.

"Sure, baby. I'll sit in the hall and you can call me if you need me okay?"

I washed my body first before playing with my toys. I like when Mama washes my hair so I don't wash it. She did it yesterday anyway.

"Baby? Are you done? It's time for bed."

"Yes, Nanny."

"Can you get out or do you want me to help?"

"Umm 'ou help."

Nanny comes in an pulls the plug and grabs a towel. She wraps it around me and helps me out before we walk to my room.

Nanny grabs me pyjamas and helps me get dress. She sits in the rocking chair and pulls me into her lap as Papa walks in the room with a bottle.

"Noooo." I whine and rub my eyes.

"What's the matter princess?" Papa rubs my back as my tears start rolling.

"Wan' Mama."

"Sweet girl, she will be here when you wake up. But guess what?! Papa warmed up some of your Mama's milk." Nanny holds up the bottle and smiles at me. I just want Mama and her milk. I pout and cuddle into Nanny. She starts slowly rocking the chair as she tries to get me to drink the bottle. I turn my head every time she tries to put the nipple in my mouth.

"Stubborn girl." Nanny kisses my forehead before I turn my head into her chest and close my eyes.

Scarlett's POV

It was a fantastic night. Camden and I really needed it. We had dinner, and dancing, and my favourite part was the ice cream. We walk into our home hand in hand meeting Camden's parents in the kitchen.

"Did you kids have fun?" Katelyn asks with a smile.

"We did." Camden hugs her parents, who both hug me after.

"How was our girl?" I ask grabbing a water.

"An angel. She was perfect until bedtime. She wanted you, refused her bottle. Eventually I got her to fall asleep but she had a hard time." Katelyn gave me a sad smile before Daniel grabs her hand.

"We should head back to the hotel. See you guys for breakfast?"

"Yeah, Dad. See you guys in the morning." Camden kisses his cheek and hugs her mom again. After wishing them a good night I head up to see Briella.

She is sleeping on her stomach with her thumb in her mouth. The tear tracks on her cheeks make my heart hurt and I debate waking her up. It's not too late, but I don't know if she will go back to sleep.

After a quick internal debate I gently pick her up and head to the rocking chair. I lift my shirt and remove her thumb from her mouth and replace it with my nipple. She slowly starts sucking before her hand comes to rest above the swell on my breast. She sighs in her sleep, as she feels my heart beat. Camden peaks her head into the nursery.

"She asleep?" Camden whispers.

"Yeah. Poor girl cried herself to sleep."

"Do you want to bring her to bed?"

"No. We'll put her in her crib. Can you help?" I smile at my wife as she comes to take Briella from my arms. She takes her to her crib, gently setting her down and kissing her head.

"Come on, love." I take her hand and smile one last time at our sleeping girl before heading to bed with my wife.