Chapter 22

Elizabeth's POV

"Michael! Can I talk to you?!"

I turn on my heels and walk towards the living room with Michael hot on my trail.

"What the hell?!" I whisper yell at my fiancé as I turn around.

"What did I say?" He throws his hand up and answers me in a whisper. He never raises his voice at me. Ever.

"You haven't even met Briella and you're already assuming she has alternative motives! She is a little. I know it's hard for you to grasp the concept; but it's real. I have seen it with my own eyes. She is the sweetest baby I have ever seen and it's not like she pursued them. It wasn't out of the blue. Scarlett has had a feeling for months and has waited for the right time for Briella to feel comfortable to be little and show who she really is. They love each other and I have never seen them so happy. And if you come into her home, and make her feel anything but that love and I will personally kick your ass." I know I'm not really that intimidating as I stare up at him, with my finger poking his chest; but I get my point across. Damn him for being a giant.

Michael sighs and rubs his face. I know he was brought up differently, but that's no excuse for ignorance.

"Okay. If you say it's real; it's real. I'm sorry, baby." He wraps his arms around me and draws me to his chest. Hopefully this all works out, because personally; I'm terrified of Scarlett.

"Come on, it's not me you have to apologize to." I grab his hand and start walking to the kitchen to see a very pissed off Scarlett and an upset Briella.

"Where is Camden?" I ask as I look around the room. I'd rather only go through this once and I would prefer to do it as soon as possible before Scarlett becomes a tiger mom and rips us apart.

"She just got called in to work. She's getting changed." Scarlett answers but doesn't look at either of us. Just as I'm about to speak, Camden comes back into the kitchen.

"Michael has something he wants to say." I push him forwards, literally throwing him to the wolves. He looks at me with a face of betrayal before turning back to my friends. It's your own damn fault; learn to keep your stupid opinions and questions to yourself.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't realize what I was asking was insensitive. I didn't even try to see for myself that this was indeed real and I instantly went to police mode and assume everyone has an alternative motive. I was wrong." I flick his ear and he whined while rubbing it. "And I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings Briella. I should never judge anyone and I would really like it if we can start over?"

I cross my arms and wait to see if she accepts his apology. I could tell by the look on her face that he snapped her out of little space as soon as we walked into the room.

Briella's POV

I don't know how I feel about Michael. But I love Aunt Lizzie and she must see something in him if they are getting married. I nod my head at him and cling to Mama tighter. I might not be little right now, but I'm nervous and I don't want her to put me down. We go to the dining room and Mama sits beside me and puts her hand on my knee. I grab her hand, squeezing it and being super thankful that she knows I'm feeling anxious.

"What do you want to drink, baby?" Mama whispers to me as Aunt Lizzie and Michael sit across from us. I look at her and whisper, "juice?"

"Sure sweetheart." Mama kisses my head as she stands up and turns to the pair on the other side of the table. "What would you like to drink?"

"Water is fine." Michael smiles at Mama. Water is boring.

"I'll have whatever you have Scarlett." Kissy butt.

No I'm alone with them. Yikes.

"Hows school Briella?" Aunt Lizzie asks me. She must know I'm not little.

"Good." I whisper out. I stare down at my hands and play with my fingers, hoping Mama comes back fast.

"Are you in high school?" Michael's deep voice almost boomed. I slightly jumped and shook my head no.

"College. Online." I look towards the kitchen and see Mama coming back.

"Here you go, baby. If you want a different cup let me know, okay?" I look down and the pink plastic cup. Not quite adult but no lid either. I smile shyly at Mama and she gives me her hand back after she sits down.

Dinner mostly consisted of the other three talking and me eating quietly. I helped Mama and Aunt Lizzie clear the table before Aunt Lizzie said they were leaving.

"Can I get a hug cutie pie?" Aunt Lizzie leaned down and held her arms out to me. I rushed into her arms and snuggled into her neck. Before I knew it, she picked me up and put one arm under my bum as she kissed my head. "I love you, Briella. Thank you for letting me be your Aunt Lizzie." I smiled against her neck and nodded while I squeezed her.

"Luv yu too." I felt and heard her chuckle before Mama took me in her arms and kissed my cheek.

"Say bye, baby."

"Buh-bye!" I waved as I put my thumb in my mouth. As soon as the door closed Mama hugged me close.

"I'm proud of you, baby. I know it wasn't easy to meet someone new. You're very brave." I smiled at Mama. It must be true if Mama says it.

Mama grabbed the thermometer and put it against my forehead. She smiled at me so that must be good! We sat on the couch and Mama turned on the Little Mermaid. When Ariel went to see Scuttle I turned to face Mama and tugged on her shirt.

"Okay, baby. Here." Mama pulled her shirt off and took her bra off. She leaned back in the chair and pulled me with her so I was laying on Mama. I pull my shirt up so my bare belly is on Mama and she smiles down at me. I love my Mama. I love Mama's milk. Only thing that would make this better is if Mommy was here.

Mama put a blankie over both of us and soon enough I was asleep.