Chapter 68

Scarlett's POV

I could tell Kelly was nervous. We've worked together for so long that it's easy to read each other.

"Have a seat." I gesture as I round my desk, to the chair in front of it. We sit for a moment, staring at each other. Kelly is doing a good job of hiding her nerves. Anyone else would assume she's totally relaxed but I know better.

Kelly is the first one to break the silence, "I just want to say that I have no ill intentions. When it comes to Genevieve, my interest is 100% genuine and I would never intentionally hurt her. I can't speak for Henry, but I believe he feels the same."

I nod my head and offer her a small smile, "I'm glad. She can be a royal pain in the ass, but she is also one of the sweetest people you'll meet. She loves with her whole heart and she is loyal to a fault. Please, don't break her trust."

"I don't intend to." Kelly gives me a firm nod and a smile.

"You know I'm 9 years older." I straighten the pens on my desk and avoid eye contact. I hate talking about my life before Camden.

"I didn't know that."

"I practically raised her. Our parents.. they had other priorities. I think I was supposed to be an only child and Genevieve was an 'oops'. I never wanted her to feel that way. I tried to make sure she felt loved."

"She's an amazing young woman. You did a good job, especially with being so young." I look up at Kelly. She has a soft smile on her face. I couldn't see any judgment, but I didn't expect to see any. She's an extraordinary woman.

"Thank you." I smile back, "When I was 18 and started university, I had a 9 year old tagging along. I took her to my night classes because she didn't want to be alone in the house." I pause and take a deep breath, "I guess what I'm saying is; I love my sister very much. I'll protect her at all costs."

Kelly nods again. "Thank you."

"For what?" I ask as I tilt my head.

Kelly's cheeks turn slightly pink as she stands, "For sending me to take care of her. I will forever be grateful for meeting her." She grabs the files off my desk in the done pile and closes the door on her way out.

I sigh, waking my computer. I'm not used to opening up to people. Only a select few know about my parents. After I came out as a lesbian, I pretty much was cut off from them. They paid for my schooling but that was it. Not that our relationship was more than monetary before.

I throw myself into my emails and reading documents. I get so consumed with what I'm doing I don't even realize it's lunch time until Kelly walks in with salads from my favourite place down the street. She sets one on my desk with my Starbucks order, before silently leaving. I should really give her a raise. I know she uses my credit card when she buys me lunch after I caught her paying for it, but she takes care of me when I bury myself in work. Sometimes I forget to take breaks and she reminds me.

I quickly eat my food before getting back to work. It isn't until my door opens and my baby comes running to me that I stop.

"Hi baby!" I hold my arms out and she runs into my arms. I kiss her head and pull her into my lap.

"Missed you Mama." I hear her whisper.

"I missed you too. Give Mama kiss." I pucker my lips and she pecks them and then puts her fingers in her mouth. I chuckle at her self soothing. She does that when she wants to nurse but it too nervous to ask.

"Did you have a good day?" She smells like coffee and baby shampoo. An odd combination but one I have grown to love.

"Yeah, Boss and I took a nap in Mr. Martin's office on his bed." She starts playing with my buttons on my shirt.

"Mr. Martin has a bed in his office?"

"No Boss's bed! Silly Mama." Briella giggles.

"Silly me. Why did you need a nap baby?"

She won't look me in the eye and shrugs her shoulder.

"Did you stay up late with Genny?" I raise her chin to look at me and she nods, "You get cranky if you don't sleep enough baby." I kiss her forehead causing her to whine.

I start unbuttoning my shirt, realizing that she already got 2 buttons undone. "Cheeky."

As soon as my breast comes into view, Briella leans forward to latch. I maneuver her to lay across my lap and pat her bum. I look over at the computer and see it's pretty late in the day for her to nap. I grimace thinking about how cranky she will be if I wake her up but when I look down her eyes are already closed.

Camden texts me and says she's going to pick us up my office shortly so I text Stephen to let him know he can head home after picking up Gen.

I get lost in thought while nursing Bri. I can't help staring at her. She's so beautiful, and peaceful. Most importantly she's mine. And Camden's.

I smile as I watch her suckle in her sleep. I don't know how much time has passed when someone knocks on my door. Assuming it's Camden, I call out, "Come in."

It's not Camden.

First chapter of Genevieve's story is up! Check out 'More to Love'