Chapter 86

This chapter idea is inspired by @LittleShri ❤️

Scarlett's POV

Whoever thought it's a good idea to road trip with toddlers is a liar. Briella did really well for the first hour and I almost thought this would be easy. But the last hour has been brutal. She wants to nurse and she is refusing the bottle. I wouldn't call it a tantrum, but she keeps whining and sniffling. It absolutely breaking my heart.

"We're almost there, baby." Camden squeezes my thigh and I don't know if she's talking to Bri or to me.

"Can we pull over? I'll nurse her and she might nap the rest of the way?" I whisper.

"Sure, babe." Camden turn off the highway and into a parking lot. Camden turns off the car, looking at the store in front of us, "I'm going to run inside. I'll be right back."

I nod as I get out of the passenger seat and get into the back with Briella. She gives me a watery smile and reaches for me as I unbuckle her.

"I know, sweetheart. Mama's got you." I bring her to my lap and pull my shirt up, exposing my breast. "What's going on little miss?" I wipe her tears off her cheeks.

Briella sniffles and puts her hand on my chest above my heart. She's absolutely adorable.

"Shhh, you're okay." I lean down and kiss her forehead. She has her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes closed. "Are you nervous?" I speak softly so I don't scare her.

Briella's looks up at me and reaches for my necklace. It's a 'B' for her that Camden gave me. "You don't have to be nervous, baby. Mommy and I will stay with you and you might even get to meet a new friend!" I give her a big smile and stroke her forehead. I watch her face relax and then the rest of her body before her eyelids start to droop. She's asleep by the time Camden comes back. She sets the shopping bag in the front seat before coming to help me silently move Briella into her seat and get her buckled in.

"What did you get?" I ask quietly as we buckle our seatbelts.

"Everyone's favourite snacks." Camden chuckles as she looks in the rear view mirror. "Although I don't think she'll be having any." She puts her arm on the back of my headrest and backs out of the space.

"That's really hot." I put my hand on her thigh.

"Keep it in your pants." Camden chuckles and takes my hand, holding it in her lap.

We're quiet for a few moments, "I think she's nervous about being little in such a big place with so many people." I look at Camden after checking Bri is still passed out. Her pacifier is dangling from the clip I put on her this morning.

"That would make sense. It's always been one of her fears, but no one here is going to judge her. The only people that will be there are people who are also into the life style."

"That's true. I guess we just have to show her that."

***

Briella's POV

"Princess? It's time to get up." That's Mommy's voice, but I'm not ready to get up.

"Baby?" Mama nuzzles her nose into my neck and I try really hard not to smile.

"Aw look, love. She's smiling in her sleep." Mommy opened my door now and someone is unbuckling me.

"She is! That's so sweet." Mama picks me up and I pretend to still be sleeping. I lay my head on her shoulder as someone puts something to my lips. I start sucking as soon as I realize it's my paci.

"Do you want me to take her?" Mommy whispers from beside us.

"Sure, she's getting heavy." Mama hands me over to Mommy but I still play pretend.

"I know, I couldn't find any closer parking."

Parking?

Then I hear the whoosh of sliding doors and I hear a bunch of people. It's super loud, and I tense up and cling to Mommy. I hide my face in her neck, only peeking out for a second before hiding my face again. There is so many people.

"Love, she's freaking." Mommy whispers.

I feel someone touch my back and I jump. "Shhhh it's okay, baby." Mama kisses my head and I peek out at her and my eyes are blurry. "Baby, we talked about this remember? You don't have to be scared." I reach for Mama but I don't want to left go of Mommy. I settle for holding her hand while Mommy rocks me side to side.

After a little while when I calm down I see two girls run up to us. One girl is dressed in all pink and has her hair in space buns and the other has her hair in long braids down her back.

"Hi! I'm Gabby!"

"And my name is Reece." She lifts her hand to her mouth and starts chewing on her sleeve.

"Hello, my name is Scarlett. This is my wife Camden and my little girl Briella." Mama rubs my back and smiles at the girls.

"Her play with us?" Space buns.. Gabby; points at something behind her and I lift my eyes to see a huge indoor play area. My mouth drops and my paci falls out. I forgot I had that.

"What do you think Briella? Do you want to go play? Mommy and I will sit right over there." Mama points to a table by the entrance and I think about it for a moment. I finally nod my head and Gabby cheers and Reece claps her hands silently.

As soon as Mommy puts me on my feet, Gabby grabs my hand and is dragging me to the playground. She's bigger than me but when I turn to look at Reece beside me, I see she is the same height as me.

"You're lucky to have two Mommy's. I only gots one." Gabby let's go of my hand so she can climb the ladder. I turn to see Mama and Mommy talking to two men at a table.

"I got two Daddy's." Reece points at the men standing next to Mama. They make her look little.

"Two Daddys?" My eyes get big.

"Yeah. Sometimes I wish I had a mommy but I love my Daddies." Reece shrugs her shoulders and points for me to start climbing. I look over at Mama and Mommy again and see there is another woman sitting beside Mommy. I frown before I climb up the ladder.

Gabby and Reece are fun. I learned that Gabby doesn't have a daddy, just one Mommy and they live down the street from Reece and her Daddies. They are total opposites but make me laugh.

"Okay, let's go get a snack!" Gabby jumps up when she climbs out of the ball pit. Instead of walking back to our Mommies and Daddies, she walks towards the back of the play area.

"Where you going?" I ask as Reece and I follow her.

"There is a secret passage way! I know where the good snacks are." She starts yell but then whispers the end.

"Secret?" I don't keep secrets from Mommy and Mama.

"Yes! So don't be a baby! Come on!" She gets down on her hands and knees and crawls through a small hole in the netting. I look at Reece and she shrugs her shoulders before crawling after her. They both stand on the other side and look at me.

"Come on, Bri!" Gabby waves her hand at me to hurry up.

I look back over to see Mama. She's talking to the guy with glasses and he laughs at something she said. Mommy must be behind the big slide because I can't see her.

"Come on!"

"Okay!" And I climb through the hole.