Chapter 92

Scarlett's POV

This is my favourite time of the year.

Christmas is so magical but since we met Briella, it's even more so. To see the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes is a gift.

"Mama?!"

"In here, sweetheart!" I call back to Briella as I tuck away her last gift in our closet. I'll have to wrap them later. I walk out, into our bedroom to see Briella walking in with Boss on her heels. She stops near the end of our bed with her hands on her hips and her little belly poking out under her pink crop top. I smile at her, overwhelmed by the cuteness.

"Boss come too, Mama?" Briella asks with a head tilt as Boss sits down and looks up at her. I swear that dog loves her as much as we do.

"Sorry baby, Boss has to spend Christmas with Martin and his family." I crouch down eye level with her as she looks at Boss.

"But he wants to come wif us." She pouts, and I have to admit it's adorable.

"Baby, he's too big for the plane. And we don't want Boss to have to ride under the plane all by himself do we?" I take both her hands as tears spring in her eyes.

"No." She says quietly.

"We can spend tonight and tomorrow with Boss and then the next morning we will drop him off with Martin. I'm sure that as soon as we get back we can pick him up again. How's that?" I wait for her to make the big girl decision. We've already discussed this when she was big and she agreed completely. Sometimes little Bri takes a moment to catch up with her feelings.

"Okay, Mama. Boss sleeps with me?" She asks as I pick her up.

"Yeah, baby. Boss can sleep with you." I chuckle as I walk past Boss, stroking his head. He follows along behind us as we make our way downstairs to find Camden. She was on the phone the last time I saw her.

"Where is your Mommy?" I ask Briella as we wander around the house. Briella shrugs her shoulders and her thumb finds its way to her mouth. I pull on her wrist so I can replace her thumb with the pacifier dangling from her shirt. Briella whines and buries her face in my neck. "None of that, baby. Our fingers are yucky." I maneuver the pacifier into her mouth as we continue our quest to find Camden.

"Babe!?" I call for her as I head towards the home offices.

"In here." Camden calls from her office as I'm walking past. "Hey love." Camden sets her phone down and makes her way around the desk to us. I could never work in this office. I love Camden so much and she is by no means dirty. She has OCD and cleanliness is important to her, but this office is a train wreck. It's like Monica's closet. There is files everywhere, stacked on every surface she can find.

"Baby." I whine as I look around. If I set Briella down in here, she is sure to knock over a stack.

"I know. It's fine." Camden reaches for Bri, "Hi Princess." Cammie kisses her cheek as she sets her on her hip.

"She's ready for a N A P." I point at Bri behind her back as I walk out of Camden's office.

"Do you want to snuggle with me? I haven't had any of my princess snuggles all day!" Camden sighs like she's exasperated and I stifle a giggle. I look over my shoulder as we walk down the hallway to the living room. Briella giggles at Cammie's antics and lays her head on her Mommy's shoulder.

We settle into the couch and I put on a movie. Briella snuggles with her Mommy with Boss laying between us on the couch. I pet his head in my lap for the first 20 minutes of the movie until I see Briella rubbing her eyes.

I make my way to the kitchen and start warming up a bottle. Briella hardly ever takes one since we both prefer nursing but she's comfy now and she might take one if she doesn't see me. When the bottle is finished, I quietly walk to the back of the couch and hand the bottle to Camden over her shoulder. I hold my finger to my lips when she looks at me and she nods before taking the bottle and pulling Briella's pacifier out of her mouth. Before Bri can start crying she puts the nipple in her mouth and kisses her forehead.

I leave the room silently, hoping they can have some time together and walk back towards my home office. I might as well answer some emails for work while Briella is occupied. I'm passing Camden's office when I hear her phone ringing on her desk. I quickly walk over to answer it before either of my girls hear it when I see exactly who it is. I smile and answer the FaceTime.

"Hello Mila." I smile at her baby features. She's cute as a button.

"Hai! Where Bwi?" All I can see is messy blonde curls and a pink background. She must be in her playroom.

"She's having a nap sweetie, where's your Mama and Dada?" I sit in Camden's chair and watch as Mila shoves chips in her mouth.

"Miwa don't know."

"You don't know? Well where did you get your Daddy's phone?" I raise an eyebrow and smile when she freezes.

"He gib it to Miwa?" She asks with a head tilt.

I can't help it, I burst out laughing.

"Mila? Who are you talking to?" I hear Hazel in the background.

"Miwa didn't do it Mama."

"Hi Hazel." I call out to her so she knows it's just me.

"Did you call Scarlett?" There is some fast movement before Hazel's face comes into view. I wave my fingers at her with a smile as she blows out a breath before returning the smile.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Yes, just very busy here with Christmas and packing. And Mila being her crazy, beautiful self." She smiles over her shoulder I'm assuming at her daughter.

I chuckle, "I know, I'm hoping Bri will have a long nap on the couch with Camden so I can wrap presents. She's been wired for days."

"Mila too, they know Christmas is coming." Hazel smiles warmly before Kai calls her name in the background, "I've got to go Scarlett, we'll see you soon!" Hazel waves before turning the camera to Mila, "Say goodbye to Ms Scarlett, pea."

"Buh-bye!" Mila jumps up waving and then streaks out of the room.

"This child." Hazel mumbles as I giggle and say good bye. I can't wait for the girls to see each other again and play in the snow. We just have to get through Christmas. It's going to be so cute.

Merry Christmas everyone!