Chapter 41

Briella's POV

Mommy is picking me up after work today. We are going shopping for Mama's Christmas present. Mama and I went yesterday and got Mommy's and then had dinner just the two of us. She said it was a 'Mama and Baby date'. We had so much fun! We went to Montana's restaurant and it was so good. We got Mommy a quilt made with important dates and stuffs on it. It was Mama's idea but I helped! One square has my birthdate on it and one has a crown because I'm Mommy's princess.

I know what I want to get Mama. I already talked to Mommy about it because it took some planning. Mommy took some pictures of me and a couple with her too and we are getting a digital frame for her desk that will play all the pictures on repeat for her. Mommy also wants to get her a necklace with a three charms on it. My birthstone,  a 'B' and one with their wedding date on it.

Mama will love them.

Boss is coming for the weekend again! Martin's daughter had her baby and he is going to see them. We are dropping Boss at Mama's work and then going shopping. Mama said she would take good care of him and I shouldn't worry. I should just enjoy my time with Mommy.

I'll miss him while I'm gone though.

"Briella?"

I love turn around and see Mommy with a big smile on her face. I quickly look around and don't see anyone close by. "Hi Mommy!" I whisper yell as I lean across the counter giving her my cheek. Mommy laughs as she leans forward and gives me a kiss. I smile at her and look at the clock. Apparently I was too caught up in my thoughts to realize my shift is over.

I grab my bag and say goodbye to Carrie before walking to the entrance where Mommy was waiting, "Come on Boss."

Boss lifted his head from his dog bed before springing into action. He trotted to the door and sat at Mommy's feet.

"Good afternoon, Boss." Mommy petted his head and I giggled at her. "Come on, baby." Mommy reached for my hand and we left The Coffee House.

Camden's POV

We're standing in the elevator on our way up to Scarlett's office. Boss is sitting obediently beside me. I swear he as ruined other dogs for me. None can compare to him. Briella is singing and dancing to herself beside me as she holds my hand. She has obviously slipped.

We go off on Scarlett's floor and a few heads turn our way. Probably wondering who Briella is and about Boss. There is more people than normal today. Scarlett likes having the floor almost empty so it's easier to focus and so people don't walk in interrupting her all the time.

I give Kelly a small smile. She returns it before it widens as she looks at Briella. Bri smiles, showing off her teeth and waves to Scarlett's secretary.

"Good afternoon, ladies! She's waiting for you." Briella giggles and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. I look down at her and she swings our hands.

Not bothering with knocking, we walk into Scarlett's office. Thank god no one else is in here because I don't think Bri would care at this point. She sprints to her Mama and giggles as she lands in Scarlett's lap. My wife gives her kisses all over her face as Briella continues her laughing fit. I locked the door while shaking my head at them.

"Okay, Mama's done. I missed you, baby." Scarlett nuzzled into Briella.

"S'op smellin' me, Mama!" Briella giggled.

"Hello, babe. How are you? I missed you too. I love you so much." I grumble to myself before taking a seat across from my wife. I look up and make eye contact and Scarlett winks, letting me know she heard me. Boss lays his head on my lap and I pet him while Briella tells her Mama all about her day.

"Are you all ready to go shopping with Mommy?" Scarlett asks Briella.

"Hmm Mama?" Briella timidly asks. She puts her fingers in her mouth and looks up at Lettie.

"Yes, baby." Scarlett kisses her nose and pulls her hand from her face.

"Milk?"

"Do you have 20 minutes, babe?" Scarlett looks at me as if I can deny Bri that. I chuckle and nod. Scarlett unbuttons her shirt and pulls her breast out.

"Okay, baby. You can't lay down though because you can't go to sleep." Scarlett chuckles as she helps Bri straddle her lap and latch on. Scarlett leans back in her chair and rubs her back gently.

"How is your day, love?" I leaned forward putting my elbow on her desk and my chin on my hand.

"Better when you both showed up." Scarlett gave me a warm smile. Then one that melts my heart.

"Any big plans tonight? Without us?" I smirked at her. I know she is dreading going to our empty home. She says she misses us when we aren't there.

"Wine and a bath. Snuggling with Boss and feeling bad for myself that you guys aren't home to snuggle me." Scarlett fake pouted at me as she ran her fingers through Bri's hair.

"You'll take care of her right?" I looked down at Boss and he lifted his head and tilted it to the side.

Scarlett shook her head and we sat in a comfortable silence while Briella nursed. Scarlett switched her to her other breast before Bri started falling asleep.

"Come on, baby. You have to stay awake." Scarlett chuckled as she patted her bum and bounced her slightly. Briella grunted quietly and played with Scarlett's other breast which I was not complaining was still on display.

Eventually, Briella sat up and looked at Scarlett. My wife blushed as she wiped Bri's chin and then kissed both her cheeks. Briella ran to my arms when she was set on the floor.

"Bye baby. I'll see you at home." Scarlett smiled and waved at both of us.

*************

"Is this the one you want?" I asked Briella as she nodded really big, not letting go of my hand. "It's perfect."

I picked up the digital frame and carried it to the front. We already picked up the necklace, because I preordered that.

"Where do you want to have dinner, princess?" I asked as we walked to the car.

"Panera?" Briella looked up at me with her head titled a little to the right. God she is cute.

"Sure, baby. You really like the soup there don't you?"

"Yes! It's the bestest Mommy." Briella skipped slightly before getting in the car.

"Mmhmm it is. Do you want to take some to Mama?"

"Yes! Mama likes it too, but she gets it with yucky salad." Briella pretended to gag before shaking her head. I chuckled as I watched her in the rear view mirror.

"Careful or Mama may make you eat with with your soup too." Briella's jaw dropped and she quickly nodded and figuratively zipped her lip. "I'll go through the drive thru then, sound good princess?" Briella nodded as I set off for the closest Panera.

*********

"Home already!? I missed you!" My wife picked up a giggling Briella before I brought her in for a lingering kiss.

"Yucky! Mommy! Mama!" Briella giggled as she pushed me away lightly. I quickly took her from Scarlett before peppering kisses all over her face. "Mommy! S'op!" I quickly stopped and set her down so she could run to Boss.

"All set?" Scarlett asked as I placed the presents under the tree. Those ladies in the mall are amazing and it's totally worth it to have them wrap them.

"Yup. You can't open them until Christmas." I smirk at her. Scarlett hates waiting.

"I know." She gives me a pointed look. "Are you excited to take her on our trip?"

"Yes. Do you think she will be surprised?" I ask as I look over to see Briella playing with Boss.

"I do. Our flight is Boxing Day. Better get us all packed tomorrow." Scarlett smiles before kissing my cheek.

Christmas is my favourite time of year, and I get to spend it with the two girls I love most.

Merry Christmas!