Chapter 88

Scarlett's POV

I hold Camden's hand as she drives to our hotel. We definitely had enough excitement for one day and I'm ready to spend time with my girls laying in bed. Maybe taking a bath and a movie.

"Mama?" Bri whispers from the backseat. It's the first time she's spoken since we left the mall.

"Yeah, baby?" I look over my shoulder at her and see she is sucking her thumb with her eyes downcast.

"Bad?" She points at herself as her teary eyes meet mine.

"No, baby. You're not bad. That just wasn't a very good decision, right?" She nods pitifully at me as the tears start falling down her face.

"Don't cry, princess. Mama and I aren't mad at you, okay? We were just scared. No one is in trouble." Camden looks at our girl through the rear view mirror.

"Otay, Mommy." Bri looks out her window and sniffles.

"Sweetheart, use your paci, please." I lean over the console into the backseat and gently pull her hand away before picking her pacifier up and placing it in her mouth. She keeps forgetting it's on the clip attached to her shirt.

Bri is quiet the rest of the way to the hotel and when Camden puts our vehicle in park, I turn and see she has fallen asleep.

"You wait here while I check in?" Camden kisses me before she gets out of the car and walks in the main entrance. I sigh, leaning back against my seat.

We almost lost her.

I don't know what I would do if something happened to my baby. I didn't deal with it well when that man attacked her at the coffee shop and I would have been even worst if something happened today. But if I never saw her again?

I take a deep breath to calm down. I can't think like that, especially when she is sleeping right there in the backseat. We got lucky today and I need to remember that instead of dwelling on what could have been.

I open my eyes when Camden pulls my door open. She gives me a knowing smile before she kisses me again, "Luggage or baby?"

"Baby." I smile against her lips, pecking them one more time before we gather our things and make our way inside.

***

"Mama?" I hear a pitiful cry from the bedroom. Camden and I just sat down in the jacuzzi tub that could easily fit 4 people when Bri wakes up.

"I'm in here, baby. Come join us." I relax back into Camden's chest as the door gets pushed open roughly and a sleepy Briella walks in with her thumb in her mouth. "Do you want to get in the bath with Mommy and I?" Briella looks at the water.

"Bubba's?" Bubbles.

"We don't have any bubbles here sweetheart. Just cuddles." Camden says from behind me, her thumb rubbing circles on my stomach.

"Otay." Briella pouts as she pulls off her pants. When she goes to take her shirt off, she struggles and starts to whine.

"Would you like help?" I lean forward, grabbing her arm to walk her closer.

"Yes p'ease." She whispers.

I quickly get her undressed and into the tub in front of me. Briella snuggles into my chest as Camden rubs her back. "I sowwy." My poor baby is still all broken up about today.

"We love you, baby. You're forgiven." I kiss her head, relaxing into my wife's chest. I enjoy our soak in the tub with my eyes closed. I can hear Camden dripping water down Bri's back as she snuggles into my front. We sit in a comfortable silence for a while before I feel Camden's lips on my neck.

"Room service and then a movie?" Camden whispers against my ear.

"Mmm." I smile.

"Come on, princess. Let's get out." Camden stands as I sit up. Once she gets out she turns to pick up Bri. Our baby holds her arms up to her Mommy and then clings to her as Cammie wraps them in towels before heading to the bedroom.

I take a few moments to myself, trying to push down the anxiety I feel about todays events. It's the last thing Bri needs right now. I drain the tub and dry off before going to get dressed. My girls are colouring at the coffee table in their pyjamas when I head to the living room of our suite.

"I ordered for you." Camden puckers her lips at me, instantly making me smile. I bend down to kiss her lips while she sits on the floor. When I stand, Briella puckers her lips at me as well. I chuckle as I lean do to peck her lips as well.

"What movie are we going yo watch, baby?" I ask, sitting down on the couch and bringing my knees up.

"Aro'cats?" Briella's thumb goes in her mouth as she looks at me with big innocent eyes.

"Aristocats is Mommy's favourite!" I gasp and look at Bri with big eyes. She instantly smiles and looks at her Mommy.

"That's true, baby. Do you know who else's favourite that is?" Camden brings her face close to Briella with a grin.

Briella furrows her eyebrows as she thinks. After a moment, they shot up and she gasps, "Aunt Isla! Her named her kitty Toulouse." Briella giggles and it makes my heart soar.

"That's right! You're so smart, princess." Camden kisses Briella's forehead and the two go back to colouring. When the door arrives, I go to let the waiter in and we all get situated for our dinner and a movie. Briella makes it though the whole movie even though her eyes are definitely drooping. 

I lean Cammie to clean up our dishes and send the cart to the hall, while I get Briella into bed to nurse.

"Come here, sweetheart." I take my shirt off and get under the covers. Briella sits up and holds her arms above her head. "You want Mama to take your shirt off?" I tilt my head at her. She nods and gives me a small smile.

I kiss her cheek before pulling her shirt off and getting us situated. Once Briella is lacked onto my nipple, we both close our eyes, ready for sleep.

"Skin to skin?" Camden asks as she gets in on the other side of Briella in her sports bra and shorts.

"I think it will be good for all of us tonight." I whisper over Briella and kiss the crown of her head.

"Yeah, babe. You're right." Camden wraps her arm about Briella and I, pulling us close to her.