Chapter 23

Scarlett's POV

To say I was pissed when I heard Michael is an understatement. I tried to put it away so I could unpack my anger later, but I couldn't bring myself to be angry as I lay here with my baby snuggled into my chest. I'm so glad Briella was comfortable enough to slip again. I was worried she would fight it or be upset by what Michael said. She seems to have just accepted his apology and moved on; I admire her so much.

Sometimes I wish she was more comfortable being little. I want to take her to the zoo or park and do fun things with her outside of our house. But then when she has her cheek pressed against my breast and looks so peaceful, I wouldn't wish for anything else.

Maybe less drool.

I push some baby hairs off her face and she scrunches her nose. She nuzzles into me more and finds my nipple in her sleep. Eventually, she wakes herself up and her blue eyes look up at me. I smile down at her and rub her cheek with the back of my fingers. She smiles and lets go of my breast before hiding her face between them.

"Do I have a shy baby today?" I ask while rubbing her back. She huffs at me as I feel her start wiggling. We are working on her telling us if she uses her diaper, but I have noticed some of her signs that she has. "Need a diaper change, sweetheart?" She whines and her eyes peak up at me. I don't think she wants to move but she can't sit in a wet diaper.

"Come on, baby. We can snuggle later." I pick her up, much to her displeasure. She does the baby fake cry, "I know. Your Mama is so mean. Come on, we can play in your room!" I bounce her slightly as she clings to my neck. I quickly change her diaper and put her in a warm onesie, clipping her pacifier to it. I set her on her floor and bring out blocks. She plays in here after work when her school work is done sometimes, but usually alone. I run to my room to grab a shirt and when I come back she is silently crying.

"What happened, sweetheart?" Her eyes snap up to mine and she put her arms out. Picking her up, I sway with her for a couple minutes until she stops crying, then sit down on the floor near her blocks. She grabs at my shorts so I sit behind her with her between my legs. She starts playing again, happy that I'm not leaving. I rub her back and whisper, "You know Mommy and I will never leave you right?" She pauses before going back to playing and nodding her head. I play with her for a few minutes before she crawls to her play kitchen and starts "cooking" something. She is babbling away to herself so I move to the rocking chair to watch her. Briella's eyes are on me as I move around the room but when I sit again she starts playing. I'll have to speak to Camden, I think since my business trip she is experiencing some separation anxiety.

"Baby? It's time I should start cooking dinner, do you want to stay here and play or bring something to the kitchen and play while I cook?"

"Uh 'itchen." Briella grabs her doll and puts her arms up for me to carry her. I chuckle and kiss her cheek before heading downstairs. I set her down on the floor so I can whip something up quickly. Taco casserole is one of my favourites and I can usually sneak some veggies in and Camden and Briella are none the wiser. Also it's really easy.

It only takes me about 30 minutes and it's in the oven. I turn around and look at Briella and she is holding her shirt up "nursing" her baby.

"Was she hungry?" I ask trying to stifle my laugh.

"Uh huh." Briella nods and then gives me a cheesy grin.

"Are you hungry?" She only fed from one breast when she woke up and I am feeling a little lopsided. Briella tosses her baby on the floor and reaches up to me as she nods. I chuckle as I pick her up and wipe the drool from the corner of her mouth. I walk to the living room recliner and position Briella. She latches on and starts sucking vigorously.

"Easy baby. Not so hard, you're going to choke." Briella grunts at me. Saucy thing. She eventually slows down to more of a normal rhythm for her and lays her hand over my heart. I watch her as her eyes flicker around the room slowly, her pink, full lips wrapped around my nipple perfectly as she suckles.

"You're such a good girl. My baby." I whisper as Briella's blue eyes look up at mine. After a little while just enjoying bonding with my baby, I heard the oven times go off. "Come on, baby. Let's get our yummies." Briella reluctantly unlatched and let me fix my shirt before carrying her to the kitchen. I removed the casserole and called Camden.

"Hi love." Camden looked like she was outside. I had Briella sitting on the counter with me between her legs. She had her cheek on my chest as she looked at the screen of my phone.

"Mommy!" My sweet baby pouted.

"Hi princess." Camden smiled at her, noticing her for the first time. "I'm heading to my car now. It was a short surgery. I can't wait to see my girls!" Camden blew us kisses after she got in her car. I ended the call before having my baby look up at me.

"How about we set the table, sweetheart? Can you be Mama's big helper?"

"Yeth!" Briella nodded big and tried to get off the counter. I helped her and handed her the bowls. She was so cute rushing to set the table. She had a big proud smile as she came back into the kitchen for the silverware.

"No running with these." I get down to her level and she nods as she takes them out of my hands and turns slowly walking to the dining room and placing them on the table before running back to me.

"Good job, baby. What would you like to drink? Apple juice, water or soy milk?"

"Mama 'ilk." I looked into her pretty blue eyes.

"Mama gave you your options, sweetheart. You just had Mama's milk, you need something else in that tummy." I poked her belly lightly and she giggled, pushing my hand away.

"Umm 'uice! Please."

"Good job using your manners, baby." She smiled wider at my praise. We heard the door open and I gasped at her. She looked up with wide eyes. "Let's go get Mommy!" I whisper yell at her. She giggles and takes my hand as we go to greet my beautiful wife.

Do you guys want to see who I picture as the characters? Or are you happy making it up for yourselves?