Chapter 39

Briella's POV

Mommy says she has a surprise when I get home, but I don't know what it is. I have been asking her what all my life! Okay, she only told me yesterday! But it feels like forever!

I get off work soon. It's Thursday, so that means I don't have to come back until Monday! Mama said I'm going to like the surprise but she won't tell me what it is either. She is picking me up when I'm done and she said I get to pick what we eat tonight. I want chicken nuggies. The only problem is, Mama always says I have to have yucky veggies with them. Okay, the way Mama makes them they actually aren't yucky but still!

"Briella? Can you take over cash please?" Carrie brings me out of my thoughts on what my surprise could be and I go to help her.

Today has been a good day. I no sooner have that thought and Mr. Meanie pants comes in that made me spill hot coffee on myself.

"Hello Mr. Todd, the usual?" I ask in my sweetest customer service voice. That's what Mommy calls it.

"Can you not screw it up this time?" He grumbles at me.

I plaster on a smile and ring him up. I'm glad Carrie is making it. He never yells at her. One time Carrie flew off the handle at him and yelled at him in Spanish. I don't know what she said but he looked scared. I don't think he speaks Spanish but he never yelled at her again.

My shift ends and I sit in Boss' bed with him. I'm having a deep conversation with him about what my surprise could be. He doesn't give much insight but he is a super good listener! Sometimes he would tilt his head and lick my face and I think that's him agreeing with me.

"Briella? Your Mama is here." Carrie crouches down to my height to whisper so no meanies hear.

I gasp, before kissing Boss. "Thanks for listening Boss you da best. Bye Carrie!" I grab my bag and run out the door to Mama. She has a big smile when she sees me and that makes me happy!

"Hi my baby! I missed you." Mama smells my head. She still does that. Silly Mama.

"I missed yu da mostest Mama!" I give her a big kissy on the cheek and take her hand. I skip while we walk to the car and Mama swings our hands.

"How was work, baby?"

"Good! I thought about my surprise allllll day doe. Is it a pony?!" I look up at her and she chuckles.

"Where would we put a pony, sweetheart?"

I put my finger to my chin and think. "My room!" Mama laughs as she helps me in the car and with my seatbelt.

"I think that might get smelly. Ponies poop a lot." Mama plugs her nose and I giggle at her. "Did you decide what's on the menu tonight?" Mama asks as I play with her fingers. Her wedding rings are super fun to play with.

"Chicken nuggies!"

"And?" Mama smiles at me and I know she means veggies.

"And veggies." I sigh, "But just the not icky ones! Want the ones you make."

"I can do that, baby."

"When can I know my surprise?" I pout for the full effect. I make the eyes too, I really want to know!

"When we get home, sweetheart."

I do my happy dance and look out the window. I'm so excited I might blow up! Okay, maybe not blow up but I'm still super excited.

*********

Mama and I walk inside and I can hear multiple people talking. I look up at Mama and she has a big smile.

"Babe! We're home!" Mama grabs my hand as we walk to the kitchen.

"There's my girl!"

"Nanny! Papa!" This is a super good surprise! I run to them and they give me big hugs. Papa picks me up making me giggle super loud when he hugs me. Nanny gives me kisses on my cheeks.

"I so 'cited yu here!"

"Us too, baby. I was just telling your Mommy that Papa and I want some time with you. I was trying to get rid of the party poopers." I giggle at Mommy's mean eyes she is giving Nanny. "Do you think it's okay if we kick them out for a bit tonight and we can play games and watch movies?" My eyes get super big. I have so many games I can show them! I bet they have never watched Tangled! They have to watch that!

"Yes! Mommy and Mama get out!" I poke at the door and Mama gasps at me. She is making the yucky veggies. She is a wizard! They are already on the tray!

"Are you trying to get rid of us? Where has my sweet girl gone?" Mama scoops me up and nuzzles my neck.

"Mama! I'm going to watch Tangled and play games with Nanny and Papa!" I whine because she is making me want to cuddle with her.

"Okay. We'll go, princess. Let us get ready. What do you say babe? Date night?" Mommy smiles at Mama and kisses her cheek.

"Are you sure you'll be okay, baby?" Mama smiles at me. I know she wants to go. They haven't had one in a really long time. I nod super big.

"You be back later?" I whisper.

"We'll be home later. I promise, baby." Mama kisses my head, "Do you want to nurse before we go?" I nod and Mama heads upstairs. "Babe? Can you put chicken nuggets and the veggies in the oven please?" Mama calls back to Mommy as we head upstairs.

I'm so excited, I know Nanny with love Tangled as much as I do. Mama and I sit on her bed and she takes off her dress shirt and bra, helping me latch on. I love nursing with Mama. She stares down at me and it's like I can see how much she loves me. It makes my tummy feel tingly. She runs her fingers through my hair and I have to fight really hard to stay awake. I love feeling this close to Mama.

"You're my baby. I love you, sweetheart." Mama whispers before switching me to the other side. I whine as she removes her nipple from my mouth but calm down when I latch again. "Shh I know, Mama is mean."

Mama isn't mean. I love Mama.