History Revealed Finale

Author note: This is the final chapter of History revealed hope you've enjoyed that last couple of chapters.
____________________________________________

3rd person pov

"It all started when Agravain who was under Morgan's control exposed Lancelot and Guinevere's affair." Merlin started calmly as the room filled with an aura of sadness and regret.

"It wasn't only that" Agravain added.

"What do you mean Agravain?" Lancelot asked with a tensed brow.

"It was because y/n left for a long mission, we never realised the effects of his presence and aura, he was able to calm everyone on the round table including the king, he was able to keep us in line when we couldn't agree on the next course of action," Agravain explained as Merlin and Artoria nodded in agreement.

"But we never found out why he left," Tristan said causing everyone to look at him. Silence echoed through the room before Artoria stepped forward.

"It was my fault he left and for Mordred rebelling," she confessed with conviction as Mordred eyes widened in disbelief the rest of the knights had similar reactions, Kiba grabbed Mordred's hand showing her he was there she turned to him and let a small smile spread over her shocked features.

"It all started after I rejected Mordred as my heir," Artoria said as her face twisted with sadness as a tear trickled down her cheek, all the knights felt pity for Artoria as they realised she was as human as they were.

*flashback start*
Artoria pov

I was in my room doing paperwork at my desk. Suddenly y/n opened the door before walking in.

"Artoria did you truly reject our daughter," he asked as his face remained coldly neutral.

"..." I stayed silent as I still felt conflicted over my actions and words earlier that day.

"Answer me... Please" y/n said as his voice filled with deep sadness and hurt.

"I-I told her what she needed to know" I replied my mask cracking slightly.
As I saw his eyes fill with horror and disbelief.

"What?" He asked as his eyes narrowed slightly as he started into Artoria's face searching for an answer.

"... She came to me saying that she was my daughter and that she was my heir. I told her that whilst she was born from me she does not have the qualities and temperament of a king" I answered slightly hesitantly.

"Then why didn't you help her become your heir, train her to become the next ruler of Britain, instead of rejecting our only child inciting what could become a war for succession" y/n argued his eyes burning in anger and slight outrage.
"Is this what you have become? The great king of Britain, judging others without trying to help them, is this what the woman I fell in love with has become a cold-hearted king without understanding any of your subjects or your family. Was all we had just a distraction to you?" Y/n asked as he was met with my neutral expression.

"Yes, our relationship is a burden to my rule," I said coldly but a voice inside of me screamed at that moment.
'Tell him you don't mean it!'

"...I see" y/n stated as betrayal filled his eyes, he turned to the door before walking away. My arm raised slightly after him trying desperately to stop his advance.
'Don't leave, please I need you! I didn't mean those words, I love you, please don't leave me.....'

The door closed as my hand fell to my side as the gravity of my words hit me like a train. I fell into my chair as tears fell onto my dress.

"Why............why couldn't I tell him the truth" I whispered before I gasped in despair as my family was crumbling around me.