The Gates Cannot Hold Us...

A/n: This chapter was pain, it kept undoing things saved such as bold letters and corrected speaking so sorry about that and let's just get into it.
________________________________________________

3rd Person Pov

The door to the realm of souls was a vital entrance to the realm of reincarnation and birth. It was this realm that angels gain their strength and proficiency with holy elements.

The angels had guarded this hallowed realm with vigilance since their creation, never had the doors been damaged by any enemy.

Their guards switched out to rest after their shift, at was in this moment that the door opened and a single soul was released.

After escaping a small distance, it formed the shape of a h/c man, wearing a red and white suit.

"Let's get this prison break started" he smirked, dashing off towards the central spire of the Heavens.

________________________________________________

*Camelot*

After Mordred had alerted everyone in Camelot including the Refugees from Kyoto a large celebration took place, Artoria smiled as the streets of Camelot were once again, pulsing with heart and life.

But this momentary happiness was shadowed by the constant worry over y/n. She felt Merlin enter the loft room,

"what was the bad news, Merlin?" Artoria's voice was barely above a whisper as the smiling mage's face blanked, his expression somewhere between frowning and exasperated.

"My king, the bad news was that if any fighting were to break out now, you would not be able to join the fight for fear of irreparably injuring yourself and the child." these words hit Artoria like a sledgehammer.

How could she be a king if she did not defend her people?

How could she proclaim herself as their protector and sit in a castle safe whilst others fought for their sake?

How could she get y/n back if she stayed here stationary?

"I-" Artoria sat down on the window sill her legs shook as she started up at Merlin her eyes filling with tears.

"...it's not fair"

"indeed...life never is" Merlin replied his eyes showing a truthful sadness as images of smoke, fire, corruption, death and an unyielding explosion of light passed through his mind.
________________________________________________

*Base of The Tower of Heaven*

As y/n finally regained consciousness, he noted the heavens seemed to be asleep.
His cheek had been split forming a horizontal scar that ran an inch under his cheekbone, sticky dried blood remained over the wound, as y/ungrounded his body barely able to move, his lips where dry and his body heavily injured with many of his bones broken but his eyes...

They still burned with determination maybe even more so than when Raguel beat him.

'I wonder, does they know yet...' he thought briefly before his mind was haunted by images and flashes of death, dark spawn and despair. He knew these flashes were Urthemiel's doing, the damn lizard knew he was trapped in the heavens.

Y/n snapped back to reality, to see James standing before him.

"so, You come here often?" his reply was a withering glare and silence, he chuckled.

"Well, since the pigeon has fucked off, we can get to business... Shit" he said before his eyes widened he vanished in a flash of gold as several angels entered the prison, led by Raguel in his hands was a claw-like device, y/n shook the hair on the back of his neck stood on it's ends. As Raguel approached him he felt mana erupting from the device, it was contorted and bathed in the angel's holy power. The craftsman and blacksmith within y/n roared in anger and rage.