The truth

Author Note: Ive been looking forward to this, hope you enjoy this chapter!
_________________________________________________
3rd person pov

"...Fine..." y/n spoke whilst he turned from the window his eyes dull, his voice defeated, Artoria continued to stare at her husband whilst everyone's attention was on the Warden, who looked down at his fist which he clenched tightly blood dripped from his fist as his features turned distant.

"I will warn you all that what you are about to witness may make you change your mind about the Cousland Clan and its many abilities." He warned his eyes measuring everyone in attendance.

"I had a brother once..." Y/n trailed as he looked down at the table as the knights exchanged confused glances.

"Once?" Mordred asked as y/n turned to Merlin who raised both of his arms his staff in his right hand.

"Merlin... Extract the memory." He ordered as Merlin cast the spell filling the room with smoke before revealing the crisp morning air of the coast. The group turned and saw a man stepping off a boat. He wore a shimmering armour with an f/c tunic that wrapped over his right shoulder and formed a half kilt over his right leg and round the back of his legs, his left shoulder had a large lion-shaped shoulder pauldron and his chestplate held the Cousland symbol upon it, he had two belts over his wait one carrying Isildur which was sheathed, on his back was a large decorative sheath containing Suledin, his legs were covered by a plate that was strapped over his trousers, his knee guards were oval-shaped with a small lip hanging over where the plates were coving allowing for protection over the gaps between plates, on the sides of his knees were smaller plates with were angled allowing for weapons to glance of them, the shins were covered in thick plates that lacked an inside so the inside of the leg was exposed for horse riding, the sabatons were layered with three plates with the final ending in a point. He had no helmet allowing everyone to see it was y/n, he looked younger and his eyes seemed to lack the normal light they held as this was before Mordred joined the roundtable and he had lost all hope of rebuilding his noble house.

 He had no helmet allowing everyone to see it was y/n, he looked younger and his eyes seemed to lack the normal light they held as this was before Mordred joined the roundtable and he had lost all hope of rebuilding his noble house

(What y/n wore during his years on the roundtable, ignore the helmet and put the sheathed Isildur on his waist and Suledin on his back, changed the cloak to whatever colour you want.)
________________________________________________
Y/n pov (flashback)

I had just gotten off the boat I had to leave Thorin back on the mainland as he wouldn't get on the boat. I looked around taking in the sight before me.

The town sat at the foot of a small mountain there was a cave entrance halfway up the slope, the town was fairly empty a few voices could be heard from the tavern as well as the merchant shop and the blacksmiths, there was a small chapel that's spire could be seen from a distance, I walked through the centre of the town and into the fields where I saw a few villagers fleeing from a knight who wore black armour his helmet was shaped with a crown atop of it, three bars of steel were across the face as a yellow glowed out of the helmet hiding the knight's features from me. He had large spiked and dented pauldrons that lay atop a tight coat of eight link chainmail, the gauntlets went up to his elbows with a large plate covering his elbow and a clawed finger armour draped over his chest was a long-faded red, surcoat that had seen many battles as it was filthy and coverer in holes. The knight's legs were covered with some dyed black leather which had holes in it revealing the golden chainmail that covered the legs under the plates of armour, the greaves started at the knees with two small plates that protected the knees, the shin guard was long and angled to fit the knight's leg it stopped at the ankle allowing the knight to move his foot freely, the sabatons were pointed and featured the same shade of black as the rest of the steel components of the knight's armour, yellow flames danced around the helmet of the armour. His sword was stabbed into the ground it was long and had a cross-shaped guard, the blade was engraved with golden symbols but it had been covered like the rest of the knight in a layer of dirt and grime. Something however disturbed me at the sight of the knight this was the sense of familiarity with the knight, my body seemed to recognise him.