How Far We Have Fallen.

A/n: I don't know whether anyone else is having this issue but some of the images from my books keep disapearing, if anyone spots any that are missing can you please point them out, thanks.
Now on with the chapter!
_________________________________________________

1500 years ago the mighty grey wardens made the ultimate sacrifice and humanity was saved...

His brothers and sisters-in-arms lost without his leadership and sought a way to end the threat of the darkspawn now the Archdemons were all gone. They found their solution.

As a collective, the Grey warden order would invade the deep roads and drive the darkspawn to extinction, spearheaded by the British Wardens they entered the deep roads.

A group can be seen marching solemnly their path lit by their torches, their armor clinking with each step. Many had a look of weariness upon their faves as they continued deeper into the unknown. The leader of the group turned to the others and seeing their exhausted faces he sighed.

"halt! We shall rest for fifteen but no more" he barked as his lieutenant marched up to him.

"Sir, our forces are dead on their feet, we need to stop the march and make camp for the night" the young man pleaded as his commanding officer sighed knowing Alistair was right he turned to his men and ordered them to make camp for the night.

Over the next few hours, Captain Oghren found a large flat rock and removed a scroll of parchment from his belt before unfolding it revealing a map of the deep roads, his Warden lieutenants gathered around him.

The map was large and heavily detailed with many little passages that were labeled, many underground fortresses were also highlighted along with the Darkspawn brood nests, The Warden captain Oghren pointed his finger to where they were now which was a region known as the desolate depths, they were about half a mile from reaching the Darkspawn brood lair the largest of all Darkspawn brood nests, they had to be careful after all if they were too loud they could become subject to an ambush.

"we are here" he pointed towards a small path in the desolate depths.

"alert the others that if the mages sense a disturbance in the brood lair we must be cautious, we get only one shot at this and if we fail, the Blight will remain, our Commander wouldn't let them escape, and neither shall we" he spoke his voice filled with raw emotion his eyes glistening as his fellow Warden all nodded in agreement.

"Captain Oghren, one of the mage recruits says she sensed something, the Mage consular promise it's nothing but I believe her words shouldn't be taken lightly." a young blonde man said with golden stubble adorning his face.

"Alistair, what was the girl's warning?" Oghren asked as Alistair glanced at the mage lieutenant who seemed shocked that Oghren was considering the girl's warning.

"you can't be serious-" he spoke in outrage before Alistair cut him off.

"she said she could sense, movement a league to our left and that they know" he passed the girl's warning on as Oghren's eyes widened in horror as he rushed outside.

"Men to arms! Men to arms!" he roared repeatedly until the screams of Shrieks filled the damp cavern air. All the Wardens rushed to the nearest weapon they could find.

The darkspawn leaped from the shadows Hurlocks, Genlocks, Shrieks, and Ogres. 50 Brave wardens fell in the first five minutes, as they scrambled to create an effective shield wall.

Ogren cleaved a Hurlock in half with his battle axe as he entered the fray ensuring the others had enough time to form a shield wall.

Swinging left and right limbs and body parts flew along with tainted blood and rusted steel, Oghren cut a bloody swath through the Darkspawn ambush, however, he had become infused with his beserker rage as he swung his weapon through every enemy he could see failing to realize an Ogre swung a massive club of a sword with a sharpened edge, towards an unaware Oghren.