The Weight Of Their Duty.

Sorry for the late chapter guys, I've been having a bit of trouble finding motivation lately as well as having no time to write anything.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy!
________________________________________________

3rd Person Pov

A large round table sat six people two from each of the three factions.

The council of the three factions had been called in response to the distress message that hailed all factions.

In a large room, around a large round table were Eight chairs, two were vacant both bearing the united crest of House Pendragon and House Cousland.

The two to the left of them were filled by Michael and Gabriel, after them were Sirzechs and Serafall with Grafia behind the red-haired devil king.

The last two chairs were filled by Azazel and Baraqiel, Akeno's father and leader class fallen angel.

Azazel was trying his best to appear relaxed but it was certain like the rest of the council he was nervous.

"I assume we are all aware of the current situation within Kyoto." Sirzechs started the meeting as the others nodded.
__________________________________________________

The white city of Camelot stood tall as Artoria and the "best leg of three" magician watched as the rest of Camelot appeared before their eyes, Artoria also noticed that what used to be the public roman bath had been replaced with a hot spring complex, she also noticed many of the buildings had gone from their mud and clay walls to white bricks and their straw rooftops were replaced by slate. Artoria looked over the city her eyes sparkling with pride and joy, her city had been returned to her and whilst there weren't any civilians she was certain in time they would come.

As she left the keep towards the closest house as she opened the door she noticed the keys on the table as she entered, she noticed the building had been equipped with all the necessary equipment, they even had sinks, baths and showers all with running water a major upgrade from when she first had the city constructed.

The once and future king roamed through the white halls of Camelot, as she came across a long room in the attic of the keep, where many memories flooded her mind, the room unlike the rest of Camelot had been left as it originally was, so the white stone was greying and the bricks had a few small signs of wear on them, the main feature of the room was the window that overlooked the city, the window sill was wide enough for someone to sit on with enough room for another if they were close together.

This was the secret escape she shared with y/n within the city, a room only they knew about, a place where they could be themselves, where they could love each other without the weight of their duty.

Artoria smiled warmly as those memories filled her mind as she stroked the window sill, the many indoor picnics they had, all the times she caught y/n slacking off in this room.

However what followed was a sad memory, the day after y/n left, the aura of this once warm place of refuge had died, it was then that Artoria had felt the full weight of his absence and it had been all her fault, oh how desperately she wished she hadn't uttered those terrible words, but the past couldn't be changed now. As she started out of the window the influx of past feelings made a tear fall from her eye, she bit her lip attempting to hold the tears from falling from her eyes.
_______________________________________________

*Kyoto suburbs*

Kyoto once the capital of Japan, it's a city of culture and home to hundreds of shrines and temples, many notable landmarks are situated in Kyoto. It is also the heart of the yokai faction. However, the city was currently under threat.