The Reason For His Strength

3rd Person Pov

*Darkspawn tunnels*

The clanking of metal armour echoed through a dark tunnel as the figure of Mordred became visible as she looked up her helmet folded away revealing her stunned expression as the tunnel opened into a large hive-like cavern, Mordred then looked down and saw a large cave entrance a dim glow coming from its heart.

The blonde-haired warrior stared into the tunnel as her nostrils burned at the repulsive stench of rotting flesh and corruption, she would have to push through however as where she was going it would only get worse.

As she soldiered on the rumbles from the surface became louder and shook the caverns more causing the stalactites to fall and impale the path, Mordred noted the absence of any darkspawn.

She then arrived at the entrance to the deeper chambers, then her instincts screamed for her to move as she dived to the left as a large clawed hand smashed into the floor where she once stood.

*Roar*

The beast was tall, and had large twisted horns sprouting from the back of it's cranium, it's purplish-blue skin and large presence fit the description y/n had given the ogres.

Mordred smirked finally something interesting was happening, she dashed forwards in a flash of red lighting, swinging Clarent upwards, the ogre attempted to block only for Clarent to shatter the blade before continuing it's pursuit of leaving a large gash up the right side of the corrupted monster resulting in its right arm along with its shoulder to fall to the floor as the body of the beast followed.

Mordred spat at the corpse as she ventured deeper into the heart of the underground labyrinth.

_______________________________________________

*Kyoto ruins*

The spear was speeding through the air silently as y/n dived forwards into a front flip, his foot hitting the end of the spears pole and launching it at Urthemiel who twisted his body to the side and caught the weapon in his hand however he had now received a thin cut across his chest which started to leak purple tinted blood.

With a small grunt, Urthemiel charged y/n once again as y/n intercepted the spear with Isildur Urthemiel changed the direction of his attack and hit the one-handed sword from y/n's hand leaving him with only Suledin as he slashed horizontally at the archdemon who ducked under the attack before slamming the handle of the spear into y/n's gut knocking the air out his lungs and launching him into the side of the Kyoto tower, resulting in the structure to creak and grown due to the force of the impact, y/n looked up and saw Urthemiel sprinted towards him, the knight began his ascent up the tower smashing through the glass floor, and landing dodging the spear that had been launched through the windows to his right, which was followed by the possessed Cousland.

Gritting his teeth y/n deflected all of Urthemiel's strikes with great effort as he was beginning to run on fumes as his arms hurt along with his many wounds as the adrenaline began to wear off.

Urthemiel smiled he enjoyed the tired look on his opponent's face, he want this to last he wanted to break the warden, to break the man that had slain him.

It was then that several glowing circles of mana caught the pair's attention as the gates opened revealing an army of angels, devils and fallen angels, the three factions had united led by their respected leaders, all of whom hadn't worn their battle armour since the great war.

Urthemiel was slightly stunned but both he and y/n knew that reinforcements wouldn't help against the already feral darkspawn after all they attack anything that moves.