A Beacon Of Hope

A/n: Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I wrote the entire chapter out then decided I didn't like it and went back and rewrote a lot of it so hope you guys enjoy it.
___________________________________________________
*3rd Person Pov*

Y/n spent the next few days resting with his family by his side, all was right with the world, his life was finally peaceful.

But something had been weighing on his mind, flashes of pain, his body bleeding and hurting from every possible location. The thing that struck him to the core however was a face, the face was similar to Artoria's but the expression was different the girl showed a large grin, she seemed similar to Mordred.

It was then that an unfamiliar memory entered his mind...

He stood in an alley way, a small child stood before me they wore a hooded cloak, y/n could see strands of wheat coloured blonde hair poking out of the hood. She looked up her eyes meeting his own, she looked like a slightly older and more dirty Mordred. She smiled as he treated her to lunch before asking her name she told me it was Mordred. It had been then that he had realised that it was his missing...child... Mordred...MorDrED...MORDRED.

"Aaarrrrggggggghhhhhh! It burns!" y/n fell to the floor clutching his head, as he struggled with he pain he seemed to destroy anything in my path, tables chairs cupboards.

He saw images of death, destruction and chaos, he witnessed, what the blight had done and how he had stopped it the first time. He remembered the moment that he realised a sacrifice had to be made...

He looked up his eyes looked older now and he didn't seem to smile as much anymore, but he still noticed Artoria and young Mordred charge towards him.

"oof" he granted as the little ball of blonde hair, headbutted him dead in the chest, causing him to fall down. He began to laugh as he attacked her with the unstoppable tickle monsters. As Artoria sighed before letting a small smile grace her features as y/n chased a now fleeing Blonde gremlin.

But now y/n could hear the faint voices of a voice he had long buried.

"Y/n finally you've woken up!"

Arriving in an open field full of long grass a short distance from the cottage, Mordred as a few feet in front of him, she was running towards the cottage, it was at this moment that a figure appeared behind y/n.

"Y/n"

Sensing the presence y/n turned, his eyes widening in recognition.

"J-James?"

_________________________________________________

*Camelot*

"my king we have no choice, Heaven has betrayed us, the darkspawn are advancing and I'm afraid, that with the factions licking their wounds, we lack the resources to defend Camelot, attack Urthemiel and save y/n" Agravain spoke the words on everyone's mind as Artoria clenched his fists her eyes flashing a dangerous gold, as she roared in frustration swiping her arms to the side sending everything from the desk toppling to the floor.

"Damn it! I feel useless, why did this happen, I hate this! The factions won't help us, the pact is barely even a joke anymore due to Michael's actions, so that rules out Asgardian aid. What more can we do?" she spoke her voice quivering as she bit her lip to stop herself from breaking down in front of her knights.

Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad and Gareth all looked at each other, all their faces displayed frowns signifying their anger over the current situation.

It was in this tense silence that Mordred's shoulders stopped slouching, as Merlin smirked hiding it behind a small cough, she sighed before taking a deep breath.