Barging In

Julie's Bedroom (Thursday, June 28th) (Bella's Perspective)
"That is so cute!"
"I know! I think I have the best boyfriend ever." We both giggled.
"I wish I had a boyfriend like that. You are so lucky, Bell."
"Wait, you're single? I thought you were dating someone this whole time and just wanted to keep it a secret."
"Sadly, yes." Julie sighed and I sat up.
"Well...is there anyone you like?"
"Uhh, no not really."
"That's such a non-answer. If you didn't like anybody you'd just say no. I saw the way you were staring at Evan the last time you came to my house."
"I was not staring at him. I looked at him, isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're talking to someone?" I rolled my eyes and laughed.
"Sure. Do you want me to tell Evan that you like him? He's single too, you know."
"Bella!" Julie tried to snatch my phone as I opened up the Message app. I turned off my phone and put it down.
"Gosh, that was a reaction for someone who doesn't like Evan."
"I hate you, you know that?"
"Love you too, Jules."
********************
Brooklyn SVU (Williamsburg, Brooklyn) (1:o1 PM) (Elliot's Perspective)
"I've tried telling them, but they won't believe me." Felipe told me.
"Why? Why won't they believe you? Have they ever told you why?" I asked him while offering him a chocolate bar.
"They think that I'm making up stories. But it's not true. Uncle Roderick is a really bad guy." He started to cry.
"Why do my parents hate me?"
"What do you mean? They don't hate you."
"Well, then why won't they listen to me? Why do they keep telling me that I'm lying? Parents are supposed to listen."
"You know what, that's right. You're right-"
"Hi, Daddy!" Leia yelled excitedly.
"I'm so sorry, Elliot. I told her not to come in here. Let's go." Lucy said. Leia didn't budge.
"Why are you crying?" She asked. Lucy looked at me and I told her it was fine.
"My parents won't believe me. They think I'm a liar." She thought for a moment.
"Sometimes my parents don't believe me too and it makes me sad. Do you wanna play with me? I like to play when I'm sad." He looked at me.
"Go ahead." The two of them skipped into the interview room with toys and I couldn't help but smile.
"I'm sorry, El. You know how she is when she's excited."
"Don't worry, it's fine. I was struggling to get somewhere with him, and I think Leia's getting him to loosen up." I got up and watched the two of them play. It was like music to my ears.
"What are you doing with my son?!!" Mrs. Garcia asked me.
"Mrs.Garcia, I can explain-"
"You've brought him back in here and filled his head with ideas. Felipe, let's go!"
"No, I don't wanna go home. I don't want to go back by Uncle Roderick. He hurts me."
"I'm sick of you and your stories." She grabbed and jerked him towards the door.
"Mom, ow!"
"Stop, you're hurting him!" Leia said.
"Who are you?!?"
"That is my daughter, and she's right. You're hurting him. L-Let's all calm down." Mrs. Garcia began to cry. I explained to her, whispering, the evidence that proves what her brother has done.
"I just don't want to believe it. He hurt my little boy." She threw herself into my arms. I hugged her, stroking her back while doing so.
"I-I saw the signs. I just didn't want to believe it, but now I am so angry, I-"
"Then help us put him away."
^^^^^^^^^^^
Queensboro Bridge (6:22 PM)
"And Daddy, before I came to the precinct I went to Courtney's house. And guess what?"
"What?"
"She has a slip n' slide in her backyard so that's what we did for hours and hours."
"That sounds so awesome, babe!"
"It was! Dad, can we get another slip n' slide? I miss playing in it at the other house."
"We can, but Leia I want to speak with you." She bowed her head. I was speaking in my stern voice, and she knows that means that a scolding was likely coming her way.
"I do not appreciate the way you stormed into the interview room today. If Lucy tells you to sit and wait for me, you listen to her and be patient. Do you understand me?"
"Yes, Daddy."
"Because you don't know who I'm dealing with at that moment and today could've gone very differently. I don't want you getting hurt on my watch. I know it sucks to have to wait on me after not seeing me for a minute, but storming in like that isn't safe or polite for that matter."
"I'm sorry, Daddy."
"I accept, but don't just say that willy-nilly, okay? You have to avoid making that same mistake again."
"Okay."
"And one more thing."
"Yes?"
"Though I'm not happy with the way you stormed in today, you were a great buddy to Felipe. I'm proud of you for that." Leia smiled.
********************
Lexington Ave. (8:31 PM) (Jake's Perspective)
"Did you like it?" I asked, wanting to know Bella's opinion about the movie.
"Liked it? I loved it. When I saw the trailers for it I thought it'd be cheesy, but it's pretty cool. Kind of like how I felt about you."
"Hey!"
"I'm teasing." She said while patting me on the back.
"I loved it when Guy and Buddy reunited. It was sweet. Although for a split second I thought they were going to get hit by a car."
"You did too?? It's funny watching those types of scenes, because in real life, either the drivers would've flipped them off or they would've been hit by a car."
"Right??! What was your favorite part of the movie?" She asked me.
"I think my favorite part was when Guy saved the video game and revealed the underlying code, although Keys expressing his love for Millie is a contender."
"I can see why. He went about it in the cutest way. Imagine having a whole character in a video game dedicated to you. How adorable!" We continued heading for home, and it was nearly time for us to go our separate ways.
"It's getting dark, I'll walk home with you."
"Oh no, it's okay."
"Bella..." She sighed.
"It's not that I don't wanna walk home with you. Dad is home and I don't want him thinking anything. I might of, sort of lead him to believe that I was going to the movies with the girls." Ohhh. Right.
"Haven't told them?" She shook her head.
"You?"
"Nope."
"Are you ever going to tell them? Because I don't know how much longer you could pretend you're hanging out with the girls."
"I will. I'm just not ready yet. If anything, I'd probably tell Mom first before I told El. Kathleen told me he was kind of annoying when she was dating people."
"Cool." I don't like pressuring Bella into doing anything. Knowing what I know, I just like to respect her space and let her deal with things however she'd like.
"You could walk me up to my neighbor's house." I nodded.
"Are you free tomorrow? I was thinking that we could go skating."
"That sounds cool! I have to meet up with Mom to do something tomorrow, but after that, I should be free. Where would we go?"
"That's a secret."
"Everything's a secret with you!"
****************
Our Bedroom (Friday, June 29th) (5:53 AM) (Olivia's Perspective)
"She did??" I whispered. Petrified at what I just heard, I stroked a sleeping Leia's back to calm myself down.
"I meant to tell you last night but I was tired and I forgot."
"Forgot? This is kind of serious El, why did she just storm into the interview room like that? Was she in a bad mood, acting out?" Leia began to twist and turn.
"No, it wasn't anything like that. Relax before she wakes up." He touched my hand.
"She just wanted to see me and she got pretty excited, I think. I talked to her afterward, though. I think that moment was good for her though."
"In what way?"
"It helped her to understand what we do every day, and that she isn't the only little girl who's been hurt in the way that she has. She was emphatic, she stood up for Felipe. Isn't that the type of person we want Leia to be?"
"Yes, but she shouldn't have been there and we need to shelter her."
"I know."
"She and I are going to have a chat as well when she wakes up. She can't just be barging in like that after she's told to wait. But, I'm glad that she's okay and I do adore how protective she is over people she cares about. When it's done respectfully of course." We both laughed.
"She's going to be something when she's older."
"Oh, definitely. It'll be interesting though." Leia began to wake up.
"Mommy."
"Hey, pumpkin? Did you have a good dream?"
"Yes, this dream was good. I had a dream about being a fairy."
"Really, was I one too?" Elliot asked.
"No, you were a centaur." I chuckled.
"Daddy was a centaur? Where did you learn about that?!"
"Bella told me what a centaur is, it's half human and half horse. She read a story about one to me."
"Well, that's interesting. What was Mama?"
"Mama was a fairy like me. She was pretty too! She had long hair and that stuff. Hey Mommy, maybe for Halloween we could be fairies together!"
"That sounds like an amazing idea! Bella has some fairy wings in storage from dress up, we could put that to use."
"Yes please." And then it was silent. Elliot went to get ready for work, leaving me with our little bean.
"Sit up for me for a second, pumpkin." I explained to Leia that what she did yesterday wasn't good and that some serious consequences could've come from it.
"But, I know." She said.
"I'm just telling you, you don't have to get angry and make that face. You just say 'okay Mom'. I'm only trying to keep you safe." She didn't respond and played with her stuffed kitty.
"I just wanted to see Daddy. You guys always scold me." Leia stormed out of our bedroom, crying. I let out a big sigh.
*******************
The Pool-house (Southampton, NY) (Saturday, June 30th) (Bella's Perspective)
"Stop the clocks, it's amazing
You should see the way the light dances off your head.
A million colors of hazel, golden and red." Singing in the shower is something I love to do.
"Oh I won't be silent, and I won't let go!" Preferably out here where my family can't hear me. I like to keep the whole singing thing to myself. I find it painfully embarrassing when anybody else hears me sing. So, since I was the only person near the pool at the moment I had to take the opportunity to be extremely cringe. I hopped out of the shower and put on some shorts and an oversized tee.
"I'm starving." Ace ran up to me with his favorite tennis ball.
"Aww, you wanna play fetch sweet boy? Give me a second, I'm gonna grab something to eat and I'll be right out." I rushed inside to got some leftovers from last night.
"Where's my flask? Leia, did you touch my water bottle again?"
"No, stop blaming me for you losing your stuff! You're very irresponsible. You need to learn how to be more responsible." I rolled my eyes.
"You hear Mom and Dad say these things and then you think that you can say them too." I muttered. She blew a raspberry. I ran upstairs to my "room" in hopes of finding my flask, but I ended up finding something different.
"Mom...Dad? What are you doing here?" They were sitting on my bed with the weirdest looks on their faces. This can't be good.

To be continued~

(This is the song that Bella was singing in the shower.)