I Know What You're Doing

The Avenues School (April 16th) (Bella's Perspective)
"Hey, Bella!" Cicely hugged me.
"Hey! Just giving you a heads up, that math quiz is hard as fuck. If you got a cheat sheet bring it."
"Ugh. I hate Mr. G. Can I use yours? Please?! I'll get you Starbucks."
"You had me at Starbucks, here." I chuckled.
"Good luck!"
"Thanks, where are you going?"
"French, but I'm meeting up with Jake first." She started making kissing noises.
"Oh, whatever." I smiled as I made my way downstairs. I love this part of my day, I actually get to see my boyfriend. I walked down the locker-filled hallway. Where's Jake? He's usually right here.
"And yeah, basically you just divide here, square here, and you're good." I could hear his voice...
"Could you help me with the US History homework too?" Now that's a voice I can't miss. Marissa. She was toying with her hair and smiling sinisterly.

"I'm going to get my revenge," Marissa said before walking away.

She could do anything else, but mess with Jake?!? No.
"Hey, Bell! I was just talking to Marissa, she needed help with some stuff."
"Yeah, Jake was so helpful. I'll see you later, you got my number right?" She gave me a look before walking away.
"How was your math quiz?" He asked when she finally was out of sight. I was so angry that I couldn't bring myself to answer.
"Bell?"
"It was fine."
"Why are you angry?" I didn't answer.
"Is this because I didn't text you good night?"
"No, Jake. Why are you giving Marissa your number?!"
"That's why you're angry?!? Bella, that's nothing."
"She asked for your number to spite me. I'm not dumb."
"Bella, it was for homework."
"I'd believe you if she hadn't said the words, 'I'm gonna get my revenge' to me," I said while sitting in my usual seat.
"What are you talking about?" Jake asked.
"Nothing."
"Doesn't seem like nothing. You never get that upset when I talk to another girl." I started writing.
"Jealousy is normal." Jake joked. I glared at him.
"You're not coming over this afternoon." I joked.
"You can go home." We'd planned to go by my house and chill for a bit...and make out.
"Woah, woah, woah. Hold the fucking phone. I was joking." I snickered. Jake is nice, so of course, he didn't notice what Marissa was doing, but I did. I'm going to handle it.
^^^^^^^^^^
The Family Room (Sat. April 17th)
"What did you and Jake do yesterday?" I chuckled.
"Nothing."
"Nothing? You're a bad liar." Clara said.
"Okay....we made out... a lot."
"So foreplay." I blushed.
"Nothing more than that." She smiled. Okay, I know this is confusing. Let me explain.

2 weeks ago.....
"I said that?!" I nodded tearfully. Clara looked down at the ground before putting her hands to her face.
"I'm sorry, Bella. I-I don't know what got into me that night. I'm sorry that I said that, that I let that random guy know too. I'm sorry. I feel terrible."
"You really don't remember?" She shook her head.
"I'm a horrible friend."
"Everyone makes mistakes. Just gotta grow from them."
"I triggered you though, that isn't okay. If you don't wanna be my friend anymore, that's okay."
"I still want to be your friend, Clara. I just wanna know what happened that night. You weren't yourself."
"I know we're supposed to be each other's...confidants...but I haven't been very truthful. He came back."
"Your-"
"Yes. He stormed into the apartment, asking for money. When Mom and Dad didn't give him...he went crazy. He called me a bitch and he hit and pushed me. He said some really cruel things. Like how he hates me, how Mom was supposed to have an abortion when she was pregnant with me." My jaw dropped.
"I wanted to go to the party to like, take my mind off of it. But I got too numb, and now I hurt you the same way he hurt me." I hugged her.

"Yeah...I'm just not ready to go any further yet. Jake's cool about it."
"He's a good guy, seriously!"
"What are you girls cheesing about?" Dad asked.
"I don't think you wanna know."
"I do, most definitely." Clara laughed quietly.
"Okay...since you really want to know. We're talking about some pretty loaded stuff. I mean super loaded stuff. We're talking about the nitty gritty of my time with Jake yesterday. Which involved a lot of kissing."
"I don't remember giving you permission to even hold hands with a boy." Dad joked embarrassingly. His face turned red. To be fair, I told him he didn't wanna know.
"I'm gonna go grab Leia from her ballet private, I'll be back." He rushed out the door.
"Wow. My parents don't back off that easily. But wait, tell me more about what happened with Marissa."
"Just thinking about her makes my blood boil. Ugh, she was talking to Jake and swirling her hair, and smiling menacingly. I just wanted to chop a piece of it off so bad."
"How?!? Show me." I got up.
"Pretend I'm her." I walked over to the huge grandfather clock and pretended it was a locker. I twirled my curly hair while giving the fakest smile.
"Ewww, gross! You need to check her, Bell."
"I couldn't, Jake was there. I don't want him to see that side of me." Clara sighed.
"He's your man! You gotta stand your ground!"
"He thinks I was being jealous."
"You weren't. Next time she tries that shit you better cuss her out."
"That's not the only thing I'll do..."
"Bella..." I laughed.
"What the hell- Hey! Don't go committing assault or some shit like that."
"Hmm, it's not exactly assault and battery."
"I don't need you in juvie!" We both died of laughter.
********************
West 9th Street (Marissa's Perspective)
"You should've seen her face," I told Veronica.
"That's what that bitch deserves. She got here like what, 4 months ago and she thinks she's queen bee. You go girl."
"I think I'm gonna text him right now."
"Ooo, what are you gonna say?!?!?"