Plans Are Made

"This is like...mentally draining." Paisley said.
"Why can't we find anything?" Clara asked. We were exhausted. Mrs.Gardner gave us the world's most difficult English project the Friday before Halloween. I'm convinced that she's trying to torture us.
"Okay, can we just take a break for a sec? I can't fucking stand looking at all of these tabs anymore, it's giving me a brain aneurysm." Nathan said while banging his head on the table.
"Damn, relax." Matt said. We laughed.
"I don't blame him though, I'm tired as hell too."
"Let's focus on something else then. Have you guys heard about Dylan's party?" Clara asked.
"Yesss, I'm going! Are you guys going?" Pais asked. I knew about the party, I mean who hasn't? It's all over Snap and everyone's talking about it. I even got an invite. I'm trying not to think about it though since I'm grounded. Mom hasn't even told me that I could go out on Halloween at all, why the fuck would she let me go to a party?
"Bell-Bell, are you going to the party? Please tell me you're going!" Clara said while pouting. I sighed.
"I don't think so."
"Why? Is it's because Ryder's gonna be there? If he even takes a look at you-"
"No Clara, that's not it. I'm grounded. I don't even think I can go out at all."
"Well...have you asked?" Matt said.
"Yeah, and she said, I'll have to think about it."
"Okay....well that isn't a no. I have an idea!" Oh god. I love Clara but some of her ideas make me scared.
"This better not be anything illegal or stupid-" Paisley tried to say.
"Shut up! Hear me out, she didn't say no....why don't you just kiss up to her a bit and ask again. Say that you're spending Halloween with Hannah and come straight to the party."
"I'm sure that Hannah's gonna be at the party already though."
"It's not like she's going to know that."
"But all of our parents are friends. They're gonna ask where we are."
"Hannah doesn't have to tell her Mom that she's going to the party. For all we know, Hannah and Bella are out trick-or-treating."
"Wait, that's a really fucking good plan." Nathan said. Hmm, they have a point. What's the big deal? It doesn't hurt to have some fun.
"I like it."
******************
Home (5:55 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)
"How was your playdate at Bailey's?" I asked while opening the front door.
"The best! Me, Bailey, and Ella watched Astrid the Astronaut! It was so cool! I wish I could go to space."
"Well, if you keep doing good in school you could do just that, Leia. Bella?!!" I smelled the sweet, sweet aroma of chocolate cake.
"It smells yummy!" Leia ran towards the kitchen and gave Bella a big hug.
"Hey, guys! How was school Leia boo?"
"Awesome! Can I have some cake? For me and Catalina?"
"Yes, after I finish frosting it. Who's Catalina?"
"No one!" Leia ran upstairs and I saw the magnificent 3 layer cake.
"Hi, Mom!" I do love chocolate cake.
"Bella....what did you do?"
"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.
"You don't usually make chocolate cake."
"I felt like it today. Gosh, Mom can't you just be happy I made your favorite?" Bella looked pretty offended.
"I'm sorry, bear. It looks delish! I called your homeroom teacher today to ask about how you've been at school, she says you're doing amazing. You're very kind and funny, sometimes a bit too chatty in class, but you're getting better. And, you're respectful."
"I'm an angel child." She beamed.
"When you feel like it." Bella rolled her eyes.
"Sure... Do you want a slice of cake?"
"Of course." She cut me a slice and sat next to me.
"Soooo...."
"So?" I questioned.
"You said that I'm an angel child sometimes... Have I been much of one lately? Could I go out on Halloween?" She asked me.
"It's my first Halloween as a high schooler and I really don't want to miss out. Everyone's asking if I could go."
"What are you guys trying to do?"
"Get ready at Hannah's. Do some trick-or-treating, take some pictures. Walk around. It's nothing big. Please, Mom?" I sighed.
"Yes, you can go. But look at me-" Her excitement subsided for a moment.
"I need you to call me the second you get over there and I want you back here by 10. Do we understand each other?"
"Yes, Mom! Thank you so much! I'm gonna go look for a costume!" She ran upstairs and I smiled. I hope that this doesn't end up backfiring on me.
****************
Saturday, Oct. 30th (11:45 AM) (Leia's Perspective)
Tomorrow's Halloween and I'm so excited! Mommy and I are going to go trick-or-treating and have fun at the Halloween parade on Park Avenue. My friends are going to be there and it's gonna be so fun. I walked over to my side table and picked up the picture of me, Mommy, and Daddy from last Halloween.
"I wish Daddy could come too."

"Hey, Leia!" I was on FaceTime with Daddy. He calls every weekend.
"Hi! Are you still working?"
"Yes, I promise I'll be fine soon though."
"Are you going to be home for Halloween? I told Mommy that you're going to dress up as a cop." I said while giggling. He stopped smiling for a second.
"What a nice costume. But Leia, I wanted to talk to you about that. I don't think I'll be able to make it sweetie pie."
"But you've been working for so long. You can't come home for just one day?!"

"Leia boo, are you feeling better?" Mommy asked.
"A little bit."
"I know that you were upset when you were on the phone with Dad. I'm sorry that he can't come, honey. You see, our jobs aren't like other ones. We can't just come home whenever, or stay back when we're called in."
"Because you're helping people get justice." Mommy nodded and hugged me. I wish people didn't need justice all of the time. I wish that they could both be home together. Not just Mommy sometimes and Daddy sometimes. Like a real family. I just want a normal family that's not like my old one.
***************
Whole Foods (East 86th Street) (Clara's Perspective)
Bella's still grounded so she can't technically hang out, but she could run to the supermarket! So we pretend to shop while we talk about stuff.
"So, did it work?!"
"Yes! She said that I could go out! I'm finally free. I told Jake and he's happy. He's been feeling the burn with me." She said with a small laugh.
"You guys are too freaking cute! I guess that means we're all meeting at Hannah's?"
"Yep! But I have a major problem!"
"What?"
"It's October 30th and we don't have a costume! Ugh, I shouldn't have gotten myself grounded."
"Calm down. Just be Jules and Elliot."
"You know that I fucking hate you, right?" She joked.
"They're horrible, I don't know how anyone likes them."
"But no....you guys need to be a cute TV couple. I just don't know who. What about someone from Grey's?"
"He's not going to put on scrubs, Clara."
"Right...Gossip Girl couple?"
"Too cliché. I want something that fits us. Something super cute. Hot even."
"What about Maddy and Nate?"
"They're so toxic thoughhh!"
"Yeah, but like wouldn't it be hot? You said hot, did you not?" I said while picking up a jar of pickles.
"I hate it when you make good points. But no, can't be them. Maybe we shouldn't do matching costumes. Is that like too much too soon? Plus, I doubt he'd like dressing up. I made him try on one my Dino onesie the other day and he went ballistic."
"I think you guys should, it'd be really cute. Either way though girlie...you need to make your mind up. Halloween's literally tomorrow."
"Who are you being?"
"Lara Croft. Something about her exudes hot girl and that's the kind of vibe I need."
"That's not helpful.."
"Alright, well think of characters that you and him both like and do it. Then bam...you have your answer."
"Hm, true. I'll keep thinking. Are you actually going to buy those pickles?" She asked.
"Yeah... Is that a problem?" I asked jokingly.
"You're so weird. I mean pickles are good, but the way that you down entire jars of them and drink the juice like it's water makes me want to gag."
"Harsh. Yet when I talk about your Oreo addiction it's a problem."
"Oreos are normal. Pickles with cotton candy aren't. Let's go before my Mom starts getting suspicious."
**************
Halloween (3:01 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
Today's Halloween. It feels weird lying to my Mom like this. I've lied to her about a lot of things but never about going to a party. At the same time this feels really exhilarating and refreshing. I grabbed my Kanken and went to go grab my shoes.
"Getting ready to go?" Mom asked.
"Yep. I'll call you when I get by Hannah's."
"Alright! Stay safe sweetheart, have fun trick-or-treating! Send pics!" Mom said while fixing Leia's costume.
"I will! Bye guys!" I left swiftly and made my way to Hannah's.

Me: I made it out. See you guys in 10. :)))

To be continued~