Action

Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall (Manhattan) (July, 3rd) (Elliot's Perspective)
"I can't believe we're doing this right now."
"Why not?" Olivia was visibly upset with me. The last couple of days have been interesting, to say the least. Bella took refuge in the treehouse for part of it, but then she and a teary-eyed Olivia came inside and she's been quiet ever since. Olivia refuses to tell me what they talked about. And now, we were at court, arranging a court date to continue the order of protection.
"Liv, you've been way too lenient with Maria. She's stalked Bella, hired a PI, and accused you of harming Bella. Not to mention the stunt she pulled a couple of days ago. I know that you like to see the good in people, but for Bella's sake, we need this. Because one day, we might not be so lucky. And I love the both of you too much to let anything happen. I'm not going to sit around like you and watch things happen. I take action."
"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked me as we walked down the steps.
"Liv, I didn't mean it-"
"No, that's exactly what you meant." Her phone rang.
"Benson." I watched as she walked around in a circle.
"Okay, I'll meet you there." She hung up.
"Excuse me while I go to take action."
*********************
The Basement (1:22 PM) (Leia's Perspective)
"We should play a prank on Bella!" I said while making a play-doh cake.
"Why?" Kamri asked me.
"Because Bella's been sad and she loves a prank! They always make her giggle until her face turns red. And, pranks are a lot of fun!" She tapped her chin.
"Pranks are fun!"
"I got an idea!"
"What?"
"It has to be a prank that she'll think is real because last time I tried to prank her she didn't believe me."

"Bella! Come!"
"What is it, Lei? I'm fixing my hair."
"There's a spider in my room! Please come!"
"Yeah right." I bursts open Bella's bathroom door and folded my arms.
"Bella, please!!" She put down her blowdryer.
"There isn't a spider in my room."
"Uh-huh!"
"If there was a spider in your room you'd be so much more scared." I rolled my eyes.
"You're not supposed to be straightening your hair right now. Mommy said to stop doing it so much." I said, trying to make her think of something else.
"It's for school. She said I could. You know, you could go back in your room now, the spiders gone."
"Argh!"

"I could pretend to be hurt over by the pool and then when she comes to help we could push her in!"
"Then she would get all wet! My older sister hates it when she gets wet!" Kamri told me.
"Bella said she's going to go into the pool. Let's tell Lucy about our plan."
"Lucy!" We both yelled.
"I'm coming girls! Are you guys ready for a snack?"
"No! We're gonna prank Bella!" We told her our idea and she liked it too.
"Hmm, I'll find a way to get her out of the pool. You go out there and play a bit so she doesn't think something up."
"Then what'll you do?"
"I'll pretend to be gone. I'll watch this all happen on the security cameras."
^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Owww, owww!" I grabbed my knee.
"Bella, I'm hurt!"
"Bella, Leia hurt herself!"
"Bella!!" She rushed outside and came over.
"What's wrong?"
"I hit my knee on the corner when we were playing tag!" I hopped around on one knee.
"Lucy!!" She looked around.
"Okay, let me see. Did you hit just your knee?" I nodded.
"Well it doesn't look too red-" Kamri pushed her into the water and there was a big splash! We giggled. Bella came up from under the water.
"You're so clumsy. How did you fall in?"
"I just took a shower! Ugh! I'm getting you back for this." Lucy came out laughing.
"You knew about this?!? Evil! You guys are evil! But guess what, you messed with the wrong person. I think you forgot that epic prank I pulled on Mom and Dad. Just wait." She went back inside, dripping wet. Kamri gave me a high five.
"Let's prank somebody else!"
**************
1 Halsey Path (7:35 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
Tomorrow was the Fourth of July and we always have guests over around that time. I didn't feel like greeting them or talking to them though, so I watched from the top of the stairs as Fin and Phoebe told everyone hello.
"Where's Bella? Is she sleeping?" I tiptoed back to my room and quietly closed the door. Yes...Bella is sleeping... I turned off the lights and went under the covers. After all, I was still feeling a bit cold after that "dip" in the pool earlier. I sighed. A part of me felt significantly better because I finally told my Mom what's been on my mind for the past month. But part of me still felt bad, I don't know why.
"Maybe I should write in my journal." I picked it up and flipped through.
"Oh. It's full." I heard a soft knock at my door. I'm not in the mood for this.
"Bella, are you awake?" Fin said. It was still. He came closer and I tried so hard not to flinch.
"What?" I heard my Mom say.
"She's out, cold."
"That's weird." They left my room and I sat up.
******************
Our Dining Room (Long Island, NY) (Olivia's Perspective)
[insert picture]
"Okay, that's the last thing." I put down the asparagus and sat next to Leia.
"Are you trying to feed an entire village?" Fin joked. Phoebe jokingly swatted him and they both laughed. Her engagement ring sparkled brightly.
"Your ring is beautiful."
"I know! Let's just say that Fin is amazing when it comes to picking out jewelry."
"That's no surprise, look at how blinged-out he is." Eli pointed out. Leia giggled and so did I.
"What can I say?"
"Uncle Fin, how come you're always so stylish?"
"I don't know, I guess I was just born with it."
"I wish I was born with style. Mommy doesn't let me wear my outfits to school."
"Why not?"
"She said they don't match. But they do match and it looks really good!"
"Leia's idea of an outfit is anything neon and glitter."
"But it looks nice! You're just jealous of me." I rubbed her back and she continued to eat.
"Uncle Fin, will you show me style so that Mommy can let me wear whatever I want to school?" He winked. 
"So, have you two finally settled on a date for the wedding?" Amanda asked.
"Yes...we have. And actually, we're finalizing a couple of details."
"When is your wedding?" Jesse asked.
"Soon."
"It's a surprise!" Billie noted.
"But they can't keep it a surprise for long, because then no one could come to the wedding." Leia said.
"That is very true." I said while tapping her nose.
"Wait, Mama?"
"Yes, sweet cakes?"
"Is Bella still sleeping? She's missing dinner. I don't want her to be hungry!"
"Maybe, but you can go check. If she's awake, tell her to come down."
"Okay!" When Leia left I thought of something else to say.
"So you guys are finalizing things, could we at least get a hint of the venue." I eyed Fin since he isn't exactly known for keeping things a secret.
"Don't you dare, Fin!"
"We can't just tell them a little?"
"Yeah, can't we know a little, please Phoebe?"
"Yeah, please!! If you tell us we won't ask you ever again!" Billie said. Leia came back into the dining room.
"She's awake, Mom but she's ignoring me."
"She's ignoring you?"
"Yeah, she just looked at me and didn't even get up. Why is she giving me the silent treatment? I didn't even take her markers this time."
"So wait, when I asked you if you took her markers you lied to me?" Leia went back to eating her food. I'll have to deal with this one later.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Have you been awake this entire time?" I turned on the light to see Bella under the covers, staring out the window.
"I'll take that as a yes. Why haven't you come down and told anyone hello? That isn't nice, Bell." She didn't answer again so I closed the curtains and stood near the window.
"Why am I getting the silent treatment?" She turned to the other side of the bed and I proceeded to sit next to her.
"I'm not leaving until I get a proper answer from you." One of the things that make her crack is continuous eye contact. I don't know if it scares her or makes her feel guilty, but it works. She went under the covers and began to cry.
"Are these crocodile tears?" I asked.
"This isn't funny." She cried.
"Lucy said that you were fine today, albeit you were a bit annoyed at Leia's prank."
"It has nothing to do with her prank. I just want to be alone. You don't get to question my emotions when you weren't even here today. You don't know what I'm feeling right now and quite frankly you're just making things worse."
"Is this about-"
"I don't want to talk about it. I want to be alone. If you want me to stop crying I suggest you just leave me alone. I can't process what's going on in my head with you staring at me like I'm some lunatic."
"But Bella talking about-"
"AND I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, I DON'T CARE."
******************
Balthazar Restaurant (Spring Street) (5 hours earlier) (Maria's Perspective)
"Are you excited about our trip to Marseille?" I asked Adrian.
"Yes, I can't wait! Dad said that he has a couple of things planned."
"Do you happen to know what any of them are?"
"He won't tell me, it's a surprise he says."
"And we both know your father loves a good surprise." He nodded.
"Thanks for taking me out to lunch, Mom."
"Of course, babe."
"Is Bella coming?" He asked. I'd discussed with Jacob about Bella possibly coming if Liv allowed it. She didn't. In fact, she hates my guts, and I think I made it worse.

5 years ago
"Mommy!" Bella ran up to Olivia and hugged her.
"Hey, sweet pea! How was school?"
"Awesome! I love my new teachers so much! They let us decorate our notebooks and folders! And guess what?"
"What?!"
"I got a sticker on the goody chart because I was a good listener when others weren't."
"That is so great, honey. I'm glad you had a great day at school."
"Me too. It feels good to have a good day." They started to walk.
"Ready for dance?" Bella nodded.
"Mommy, I wanna tell you something before we go in the car."
"What is it?"
"You're the best Mommy in the whole world!" Olivia kissed her.
"Aww, thank you. You are too sweet! I love being your Mommy. You're the best kid in the world." They got into the car. How dare she... She isn't Bella's mother and she'll never be. I'm going to get her back. I don't care how.

"I don't think so, A."
"Oh. Why does she not like you that much? Did you guys get into a big fight or something?"
"Well, it didn't exactly go down like that. I hurt her."
"But, how badly could you have hurt her to cause her to hate you so much?"
"Excuse me, are you Maria Green?" A slender man asked me.
"Yes, how can I help you?"
"You've been served." He handed me a slip of paper and fluttered away. What?