Sweet, But Not So Sweet

The Culinary Room (Monday, Dec. 4th) (3:45 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
It's December now, and high school's grown on me. I've got my schedule down, I've made some awesome new friends, and I'm a part of two clubs that are the absolute highlights of my week (alongside dance, of course). They're some of the few constants in my life and they're the only things that make me not think about what's going on with Dashon.
"Okay, but we don't have the money for that." Vanessa said.
"Right, but that's why we should have another bake sale. Bella, back me up on this." Stella said.
"We could have another bake sale to raise money for the trip, that'd be an amazing idea."
"But wouldn't that idea be stale? We've had one before."
"Right, but this time we'll have a winter theme. Think gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, everything Christmas and winter. Maybe throw in some hot chocolate. Give it an appeal. Or I have another idea-"
"You're getting very ambitious." Marissa said rudely. She's always so uptight at the meetings and everyone hates her.
"Mr. Z, can you help us squash this?" She said.

Ximena: Look at her, she never lets us do anything cool. I swear I'm gonna quit this club one of these days if she doesn't STFU
Me: Xiiii, pls don't say that 🥺
Lily: Then we've gotta find a way to override her

"Maybe you guys should hold a vote. Next Monday. Campaign your ideas and then we'll see who wins."
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Home
"Lucy, we're here!"
"Hello, girls!" Ximena, Lily, Stella, Julie, Clara, and I took off our shoes before making our way to the kitchen.
"I don't think you've met some of my friends. Xi, Lily, Stella, this is Lucy, my babysitter."
"Hi!"
"Hello, nice to meet you guys! Are you staying for dinner?"
"Ooo, definitely! What's on the menu?"
"Pasta!"
"Can we help?" Julie asked.
"Of course, I'm going to go get the ingredients and pick up Leia."
"Awesome, see ya in a bit!" When Lucy left we picked up right where we left off.
"Marissa's such a bitch." Ximena noted.
"She acts this way because she knows she can."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Because her parents donate all of this money to the school so she can do basically whatever she wants. They stop favoring her and the school loses thousands of dollars." It must be good to be that rich.
"So what you're saying is, there's nothing we can do?" Julie asked.
"Oh no... there's definitely something we could do." Lily and Stella said in unison.
"Are you guys using your little twin-tuition thing?"
"Maybe."
"So what's the plan? How are we gonna win the vote?"
"The old-fashioned way! The best way into anybody's heart is a sweet treat or savory meal. Say, we give samples of what the bake sale could be. And have them begging for more."
"I like your plan. How are we doing this?!"
"When's the last day before break?"
"My birthday." I said.
"Hmm, then we need to get baking...and fast. Who here has the biggest kitchen?"
"Definitely not me, we're still living in a freaking hotel." I pointed out.
"Yeah, you're not a part of this. That wouldn't be fair."
"I guess that'd be me."
"Alright. Tomorrow, we bake till we drop."
*************
Chambers Street (Olivia's Perspective)
"So?"
"I spoke to the parole board."
"And what, Carisi?"
"You don't have to worry about him coming out any time soon. He's going to be kept under supervision."
"They said that last time and look where we are... How much longer?"
"He admitted to several murders, he's in for life."
"Without parole?"
"Without parole." I let out a sigh.
"Exactly who will be supervising him?! I don't need any more cops being bribed into doing his dirty work."
"He'll be going to a federal prison upstate, you don't have to worry about him targeting you, Leia, Bella, or Maria ever again."
"Thank you, Carisi."
"Don't mention it. Hey, when can I see my nieces and nephew again?"

Lucy: Mommy it's me, Leia! Are you gonna be home for dinner? We're cooking pasta with Bella and her friends! 😁

"Right now, if you have the time. Leia just asked if I'll be home for dinner."
"What's on the menu?"
"Pasta, and Bella and her cooking club friends are making it."
"Looks like we're in for a treat!"

Me: Yes, and I'm bringing Uncle Carisi too! We can't wait!

"I'll drive." He said.
"So how's Elliot?"
"He's good, OC's got him working like a dog, but he loves it." We continued to talk as he drove. Before we knew it we were at the hotel.
"Oh wait, I have to give you this." He gave me two envelopes.
"The letters."
"Thanks, they'll appreciate it." I whispered.
^^^^^^^^^^^
The Kitchen
"I did not expect to see this many people here." Noah said.
"Well, you did. Are you gonna stand there or are you gonna help?" The girls giggled.
"I think we have more than enough people though! Noah, how about you make the garlic bread."
"It should be easy..." Julie joked.
"Hey!"
"It's okay, Noah! I'll help you!" Leia told him. We finished up cooking and sat several places around the kitchen and living room since we didn't have a dining table.
"So you guys are fighting fire with fire?" I asked the girls.
"Yup!" Lily responded.
"Do you guys know what Marissa is planning?"
"No."
"You guys should try to figure out, then you could one-up her." I told them. They agreed. I watched as Bella and Leia conversed with everyone. My girls look so much better. I doubt if I'm a good mother to them sometimes, but with Bella turning 14 in a week and everything that's happened, it's made me think.
"We have until like Monday. So we need to get cracking. What should we make? What screams Christmas?"
"Gingerbread, 100%." Carisi told them.
***************
Avenues: The World School (2:07 PM) (Bella's Perspective)

Ideas for Bake Sale:
Snowman Cookies
Gingerbread Cookies
Sugar cookies
Christmas Tree Rice Krispies

"Bella, could you explain the effect of the Zimmerman telegram?" I dropped my pencil.
"Ummm...it caused the US to get involved in WWI?"
"Correct." How scary.
"Why'd you flinch like that?" Jake whispered.
"She scared me." I whispered back. She dismissed us and we started getting ready to head out.
"That's what you guys are doing for the bake sale?"
"Well, it's what we'd like to do. We're going to be giving out samples to see if that's what you guys would want. Can you tell the guys to look for our table in the lobby?"
"Of course, if I get some special treats."
"Sounds fair." We held hands. Writing club's today, so I couldn't leave the building. Jake and I usually talk for a bit before I have to go in.
"Bell, I have to tell you something, and....you're not gonna love it." I really can't take any more bad news right about now.
"Just spill it."
"I'm leaving for Italy the day before your birthday."
"So you won't be here for my birthday at all?" He shook his head, I shouldn't be upset I guess. I don't even know what I'm doing but I at least wanted all of my friends here.
"Well, there isn't anything I could do about it. We could celebrate when you get back."
"You're not upset?"
"No." I lied.
"You're lying."
"Look, these past couple of days have been stressful. Can you blame me?"
"We'll figure something out. Okay?"
"Okay, I guess." I told him bye and went to my club meeting. Figure something out, my ass.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Julie's House
I'm still bummed out about Jake being gone for my birthday, but I've got to focus on these treats for tomorrow. We have 3 days to win these people's hearts.
"How are the Rice Krispies going Bella?"
"Awesome." Everyone was talking about their day while I was just thinking about how my birthday was probably going to be horrible.
"Bella, why are you being so quiet."
"I'm thinking." I said.
"About what?"
"Stuff." I stuck the pretzel sticks into the "trees" and sighed.
"You look depressed."
"Yeah, because my birthday's in a week and I have no ideas what I'm doing and my boyfriend isn't going to be there. Which is great." Julie put the tray of cookies into the oven before coming over to me.
"Jake's not going to be there for your birthday?" I shook my head.
"Awww, but look you'll have us. We could do something."
"Yeah! I'll be free. Just call me and I'll be there." My friends tried cheering me up, but I still felt a bit sad inside. My parents didn't even ask what I wanted to do.

To be continued~