A New Fact

Steel Pier (3:47 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mama, take a picture of me! Please, Mama!" The littles were riding the carousel. Liam and Gabriel were in front riding the horses while Gabby and Leia were in the carriage.
"We're princesses!"
"Ride faster, Gabe!"
"Yeah, you guys are too slow!" Leia declared.
"My goodness, girls! The boys are trying!" Garrett joked.
"We have a crystal ball to go to and we're gonna be late if they don't go faster!" The carousel stopped and the kids got off.
"Mommy, all of the rides were super duper fun." Gabby said to Alex.
"Are we gonna go to the beach now?"
"Yes, we are. Look the older kids are coming back." All of our kids walked over to us, giggling about something.
"I don't trust the look on your faces...what's going on?" Kate asked.
"Okay, so you know how we were talking about going on the slingshot."
"Omg, no!" Bella said with a hint of embarrassment.
"Lila and Bella went on and Bella literally passed out." We all laughed.
"Like one second she was screaming, and then bam lights out. So much for the excitement! Do you even remember being shot into the sky?"
"Of course I do! It was for a brief moment!"
^^^^^^^^^
The Beach
"So.....how have you and Elliot been these days?" Kate asked me. I put down my magazine and watched as Elliot helped Leia and Liam build a sandcastle.
"Okay."
"Just okay? What is that supposed to mean?" Kate asked.
"She probably isn't going to elaborate on it." Eve stated.
"I can't give you an actual answer if I haven't been home much for us to actually talk. The last real conversation we had was about this trip. We act fine in front of the kids but truthfully....things aren't the best." My girlfriends all nodded and stared at me. I know that they aren't trying to make me feel uncomfortable but I'm not sure if I feel like discussing what's going on between Elliot and me.
"What happened? Did you guys fight? Everything was okay at Bella's graduation."

"Please just talk to me Liv, what's going on? Am I doing something that's making you so upset?"
"Nothing is going on, Elliot. Just stop pushing already. I'm fine, and you're going to wake up Leia."
"But you're not fine. You come from doing god knows what -I know it's not work because I called Fin and Amanda and they said you haven't been there- and you don't talk to me. Whatever it is, it can be fixed. Please just work with me here."

"It went quite like that."
"Well, we're on this amazing road trip. You certainly have the time to talk to Elliot."
"But the kids."
"We can watch them. They would love to have a sleepover with our kiddos. Come on, just take a night. You two can go somewhere and really get to the root of the problem."
"I guess. That might help."
*********************
Pomona RV Park (6:30 PM) (Noah's Perspective)
"Where did she hide the phone?!?" I whispered. I looked all over the kitchen, in the bedroom, it's nowhere to be found. I heard the door open and I quickly got up.
"She isn't gonna leave it someplace obvious." Bella said while grabbing a snack.
"Like you know anything."
"I do actually. Mom's taken my phone before because I didn't talk to her about something that went on at school. She probably has it on her right now. I'm coming, Ellie!" As much as I hate it, she's right. I got out of the RV to see everyone setting up dinner.
"Noah, you missed everything." Jonah told me.
"What?"
"Me beating his ass several times in a row."
"Okay, wait. Tag team! Hand me the controller." As I battled Jonah, I thought some more about what I could be doing back in New York. Skating my days away and doing some actual fun stuff.
"Noah, can you come here?!!" Ugh, I can't catch a break.
"Coming." I have them back the controller and followed Mom. I can't tell if she's taking me on a walk or to a specific location. We ended up near the RV park's pool.
"Are you feeling better?"
"I guess."
"I know that going on this trip isn't exactly what you wanted, but it doesn't give you the right to be mean to your siblings. I know that you can do better than that, and I hope you apologized to Leia."
"I did."
"Did she accept?" I nodded.
"What's the problem? Why are you so annoyed about this trip?" I sighed.
"All of my friends went to Hershey today, and I was the only one that didn't go."
"Well, surely there'll be other opportunities. I could always take you guys when we get back."
"You don't mean that."
"What do you mean by that?"
"How could you take us to Hershey when you're working every second? Plus, it isn't the same anyway." I walked away and Mom scoffed.
"I'll be holding on to your phone for longer. Have fun explaining to them why you haven't been texting."
***********************
My Bed (7:55 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
I grabbed dinner and managed to sneak away for a second. Today was fun and all, but I missed talking to Jake.
"Look at what I'm having for dinner today." I showed him the colorful plate of salad, corn on the cob, and grilled chicken. (I'm not too much of a hotdog or burger fan these days.)
"That looks good! Did you make it?" I smiled.
"Well, I helped. I had a million other people to share the burden of cooking with." He laughed.
"Did you get to watch the new episode?"
"Some of it! I'm like halfway through. I'm at the part where Jillian is confessing to Mak. I ship!"
"After that-"
"Shut up! Do not spoil it for me!"
"It's not my fault that you take long to watch shows."
"Woah! I watch shows faster than you. The only reason I'm slowing down is that I'm doing stuff all day, okay. I finished Vampire Diaries in 3 days. You do not want to fuck with me."
"I still think that's a lie."
"It isn't! You watched my story those three days! Ughh!"
"Okay, we can settle it."
"I'm listening."
"I'm gonna pick a show for us to watch. And we're gonna race. Whoever wins....is declared the faster show-watcher."
"Deal. But don't pick anything boring, because then you're just trying to sabotage."
"Whatever."
"JAKE! The tv isn't working again."
"Well, that's my grandma. Talk later?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Bye, love you!"
"Love you too, babe." He hung up and I smiled a bittersweet smile.
"Bella?" My eyes widened. Aunty Kate walked over smiling.