Finally A Freshman

A/N: LaurenLove18 wrote the last part of this chapter! Check out her stories! 💕

My Bedroom (7:30 AM) (Monday, Sept. 10th)
I do not miss waking up at 7 am for school. This is torture. I've just finished taking my shower and was now putting on my jewelry. Kathleen gave me this necklace a while back and she said to wear it whenever I needed some good luck.
"Bella, Mommy said to come and eat breakfast!" Leia said while barging into my bathroom.
"You're supposed to knock."
"You look pretty, like those girls on Gossip Girl!"
"What do you know about Gossip Girl?"
"A lot."
"Interesting." I raced downstairs to grab a plate of breakfast.
"That's a lot of makeup for school." Elliot commented.
"This is what I wear daily." I said.
"The eyeliner is excessive." Why is he trying to pick a fight with me today? I don't get it.
"Bella, I think your makeup is fine and that you look just beautiful, okay?" Mom said while hugging me from behind. Mom knows about the horrible breakout on my chin, Elliot doesn't. She glared at him. This is a great start to my day.
****************
The 79th Street Traverse (Olivia's Perspective)
"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" We both sang. I couldn't help but laugh at Leia's lip-syncing and Bella's dramatization of the lyrics. It's my baby's first day of high school. I can't believe that we're here already.
"Bella, we're almost there, sweetheart!"
"I wish that I could go to school with you so that you won't be all lonely."
"That's kind of you, Lei. But I have some friends waiting on me, and I'm gonna make a ton of new ones."
"That's the spirit! Alright, we're here. I love you, and I hope today is amazing! Tell me all about it when you pass by the precinct later, okay?" Bella nodded. I hugged and kissed her.
"Don't mind what your Dad said this morning, okay?" She nodded again.
"Bella, take this! It's for good luck." Leia handed her a painted rock with a smiley face.
"Thanks, Lei! Love you guys, bye!" Bella exited the vehicle and ran into her boyfriend's arms. She isn't my baby anymore.
*****************
Avenues: The World School (938 Columbus Ave.) (8:30 AM) (Bella's Perspective)
"You look really good. You wore what I told you to wear." I noted.
"It's not like I had much of a choice."
"Can you guys stop being all lovey-dovey with one another?!" Clara said.
"Omg! You look so pretty!" I hugged her. We've been texting a lot these days and Clara's honestly super cool.

Hannah: Look behind you!

"Okay, you guys have to stop surprising me!" The rest of my friends came out of nowhere and we all began giving each other hugs and talking about our summers. There was a little moment of silence after taking our schedules out of our bags.
"So...what've we got?" Sapphire asked.

"A mess...I'm taking Chinese? I wanted to take French. That means I'm not going to be with you guys." Leah groaned.
"Maybe it's a mistake. You can go get it fixed." Stella said.
"The only class that we all have together at the same time is Mastery, which is good right?" Ethan asked.
"Yeah, but we're split up the rest of the day." Julie sighed.
"Look, we can all see each other at lunch. It'll be okay." My schedule was ass, I mean I'm only going to see Jake once today, and then I only have Paisley and Clara for like 3 classes.
"Let's look at it this way, at least we get to see each other at all. It could be worse." Jake said.
"True. Alright, well I guess it's time for us to go in." We split up and made our way to homeroom.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
HIP Thinking
"What's this class about?" I asked Clara as we walked inside.
"It's about like being mindful....and thinking. I would tell you more but I zoned out during this class for the majority of middle school."
"So it's like the equivalent of Fletcher's weird lectures?" Paisley asked.
"Who's Fletcher?"
"Our 8th Grade English teacher. He once gave a lecture about what scents are attractive and instructed all of the girls to wear floral scents so that we could get ourselves dates to prom."
"Weird..."
"I know, he once went on a whole speech about black girls and natural hair. Needless to say that everyone stared at me. I'm glad we don't have to go through that anymore."
"Well, we have our share of weird teachers here-"
"OKAY CLASS, SO TELL ME WHAT'S ON YOUR MINDS TODAY?!" Our teacher said while standing on a desk.
"Mr.Friedman's one of them." A girl next to me commented. Um, wow. Didn't expect this from one of the best schools in Manhattan. This school was giving very much elite very much prestigious when I walked in here. I don't know about that anymore...
"Umm..." Paisley said. Clara couldn't stop laughing and I was mute. The girl to the right of me couldn't stop laughing.
"This is a daily occurrence in this class. So if you thought the weird ended when you left middle school, you were wrong."
"Clearly."
"I'm Autumn. What are you guys' names?"
**************
The 16th Precinct (Leia's Perspective)
"Elliot, you need to be more understanding when it comes to Bella. This is not about having your back- I always have your back when it comes to disciplining the kids, but it wasn't needed this time."
"She felt a bit insecure about her acne so she wore some makeup to school, it isn't the end of the world. She wears makeup to her dance competitions, on outings. She's a teenager, El. Wearing makeup to school isn't a crime. I gotta go, we'll talk later." Mommy put down her phone and kept typing on her computer.
"Why is Dad so moody?"
"What, darling?"
"Why is Daddy so moody all the time?"
"He's just a bit stressed from work."
"But you said that even if you're having a hard time being mean to others isn't fair."
"That's right, Leia." She rubbed my back.
"He'll be fine. Don't worry."
"Okay." I didn't know if Mommy was being honest, but I don't wanna be rude.
**************
The Hallway (9:45 AM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Well, that was something."
"It certainly was, hey, what classes do you guys have next?" Autumn asked.
"We both have English!" Clara and Paisley said.
"I have...Global Humanities." I said quietly. I guess I'm all alone.
"Cool. Me too." Autumn said. Never mind then.

Jake: How was first period? Mine was boring asf, this teacher's going to torture us. One essay per week MINIMUM

I giggled.

Me: You better warn Clara and Pais, they have her next! Mines was...interesting. I'm convinced that my teacher is a wacko.

"I guess we have to go." Pais said.
"Bye, I'll see you guys later."

Clara: don't worry Autumn is super nice! She was in my homeroom last year.

"So... I take it that you're new?" I nodded.
"Friedman gets less wacky as the year goes on. Trust me." I smiled. She checked the time and I saw that she had Leighton Meester as her wallpaper.
"You watch Gossip Girl?"
"Just finished!"
"Me too! I can't believe that it was Dan."
"Ehh... I could see it."
"How?"
"I feel like the first episode gave it away."
"When he was looking at the screen? Same, but then some things happened that he wasn't even there to witness so it's like how the hell did he know."
"Good point! I think I found the humanities room. 2W17!"
"Good Morning, ladies. Time for class. I'm Ms.Bennett." She shook our hands.
"Good Morning, Ms.Bennett." We walked into the classroom and Autumn had a huge smile on her face.
"Autumn!" A girl with ombré box braids ran up to her.
"Hey, bestie! This is Bella. She's new and we met in HIP. I think we've found someone that's overly obsessed with tv shows like we are." She let go and smiled at me.
"Hi, Bella! I'm Sofia, come sit next to me!" Everyone here is so nice. I didn't have any reason to worry. We had a little questionnaire to fill out and they had your basic questions. How was your summer? What's your favorite food? Do you have siblings? I filled them out while talking to Autumn and Sofia until this happened.
"Oh. My. God."
"What?!" I asked.
"Ryder Dickinson got hot." I swiveled around. That's the boy from the get-together!! Oh, fuck no. Calm down Bella, I'm sure you can just get through this class. It's no biggie. It only happened once, you're fine.
^^^^^^^^

We were given a reading assignment. We had to read this chapter in the textbook about the Aztecs and then answer some questions. Nothing huge. There are like 10 minutes left in class. I heard a noise. It was Ryder. I just focused on my book.
"Hey, Bella." I wasn't going to listen to him. I had Jake in my life. As time went on, he became more annoying. He kept tapping his fingers on the classroom table, he kept whistling and then he tapped his foot. This was so distracting!
"You're pretty. I love your eyes." He smiled at me...

What was he doing?

"I can also tell that you're very stylish as well." He kept glancing at me.
"I think you're very sweet as well." The bell rang. Right, I'd had enough. Getting up, I turned to look at him.
"Ryder! I have a boyfriend! You're being inappropriate! Stop!" I then left the classroom. I then went into the hallway. Taking some deep breaths, Autumn came walking towards me.
"Hey Bells. Is something up?" I wanted to cry so badly. Hannah and Leah soon came over. They could tell something was up.
"Ryder was acting strange and it freaked me out." They took me to the bathroom. What a great first day! Everyone probably thinks I'm a freaking weirdo... Ryder: 1, Me: 0

To be continued~