Too Much

Monday, August 20th
There's 2 weeks until my first day of high school. Why so soon? I groaned and closed my diary.
"Bella! Come here!" I was sitting outside on one of our swings while Mom tended to our garden. She paused for a bit to check her phone and hydrate.
"This is from your school, sweetie."
"What is it?"
"They're having a little get-together for the incoming freshman. You should go, honey!" Mom has been obsessed with me going to high school these days. It's kinda scary.
"Sure, it sounds fun."
"Good. It's next Friday. I'll drop you off then!" Why can't Mom go back to work? She has too much time on her hands and it's making me concerned.
"Mom, can I sleep over at Hannah's that same day?"
"I'd let you but you can't."
"Why?"
"Phoebe's bridal shower is the next day! Did you forget? You're a junior bridesmaid, you have to be there honey."
"Ohhh yeahh! I forgot." This should be interesting. But yeah, two weeks to go and I'm so un-fucking-prepared. I don't even know where to start.
"And before I forget, I scheduled your therapy consultation 2 days after you start school, is that okay?" Shit, therapy. I haven't thought about that. I know that Dr. Johansson said that she's a friend of hers and she'd be a perfect fit, but I'm still nervous about having a new therapist. I'm so tired of all of this change.
"Bella, is that alright?"
"Yeah, it is." I lied. I always lie about how I feel. Why can't I stop? I'm a pathological liar.
******************
Leah's House (August 22nd)
"What are we even doing today?"
"We're going shopping! Back to school shopping?! We need clothes."
"Right. I'm going for a different vibe this year."
"And what is that?"
"I wanna be edgy. The excessive eyeliner, Doc Marten's, layered shirts."
"Ohhh, so like me a couple of months ago?"
"Pretty much." We both laughed.
"Well, I could give you some of those clothes and a couple of pointers because I'm still depressed, just not enough to act like that." I chuckled. Leah stopped putting on her makeup and spun around quickly like one of those cartoon characters.
"What??" I asked.
"Don't joke about that, it worries me."
"Joking about the trauma helps, and it's way better than talking about it." She sighed.
"You've got to get out of that mentality. It isn't healthy."
"Look at you mothering me." I muttered.
"It's because I'm you're best friend and I want you to be okay." I smiled.
"Alright...no more jokes. Come on, everyone's waiting on us."
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Soho (Pacsun)

"^^^^^^^^^^^^Soho (Pacsun)