A Change Of Plans

Rockefeller Center (Manhattan, NY) (Leia's Perspective)
"Mommy, I'm so happy!"
"Are you?"
"Yeah! You said that I could get the Build-A-Bear only for Christmas but we're getting it in July! What do you think I should name mine?"
"Hmmm, I don't know. What kind of animal are you getting?"
"I don't know that either! There's bunnies, kitties, bears! It's too many!" Mom giggled.
"Well, you have Carrot and Lolo. What about a bunny?" I made a shocked face!
"Yeah, a bunny. I could call it Carrot, but I already have a carrot!" I giggled. Mommy's a little different today, but I like it because we get to have fun together. We went to
The store and I watched as my bunny was stuffed. Mommy put a surprise message in the bunny's heart for whenever I'm sad.
"She's pink! She looks like a strawberry cupcake! I love bunny."
"Is that her name?" I shook my head.
"Her name is Cupcake."
"That's adorable! Well, let's go choose some clothes for Cupcake! Let's go!" Mommy said it in a sort of rushing way, and she was sort of grabbing my hand like she wanted to do this really quickly. But I didn't say anything.
"Liv." Daddy said while walking over.
"We're getting clothes for Cupcake."
"Nice. How about you go look at some while Mom and I talk, okay?" I hope they're not arguing again. I heard them argue about Bella the other night and it was scary. They thought that I was sleeping, but I wasn't.
"No."
"El, we don't have to do this right now."
"Yes, we do." Daddy started to whisper. You're not okay, I heard him say. What's wrong with Mommy?? I felt really sad inside, and a little angry.
"Stop!" I yelled. They both stopped and looked down. Mommy and Daddy asked me what's wrong, but I didn't know how to say it so I just cried. Mommy picked up some clothes for Cupcake and we left the store.
"Leia, what's going on sweet girl? Why are you crying?" Mommy asked. Daddy looked at me and didn't say anything.
"Liv, she knows."
*****************
The Car (3:45 PM) (Elliot's Perspective)
"Go inside baby, Bella's home. She'll let you in."
"Okay." She sniffled and scurried inside. I feel utterly horrible. Leia was probably so scared.
"Are you happy now, El? Leia's upset and you ruined her day. Does that make you feel good?"
"Oh, I ruined her day?" Olivia sighed.
"I'm not going to say anything. Because if I say it, it'll be something that I regret." I looked at my wife.
"Is everything okay? You're acting erratic, rushing from home to hang out with Lei, why? To fill some void that's been missing these past couple of days? Because something has gone wrong on your case? It isn't right to bring Leia into it, you ruined her day Liv. Not me, not anybody else. Have you seen Lindstrom at all lately?"
"That isn't any of your business, and second, who are you to be questioning my behavior and mental health? I think you're forgetting that you're the man that nearly killed a guy over a harmless mistake because you were 'upset'. You should be the last one to open your mouth. I don't need you babysitting me Elliot, I can handle myself."
"I know that, but I have a right to step in when the kids are involved. They've been through so much already, I don't want to see them hurt. What happened at work today? Is there something that I can do to help?"
"I'm not talking to you about it. What you can do is leave me alone right about now."
"Oli-"
"Get out of the car, Elliot." As I went inside, I turned back. Liv was crying in a way that I haven't seen her cry in a long time. What happened on that case?"
******************
Central Park (Olivia's Perspective) (July 14th) (2:37 PM)
"Mom, our favorite ice cream cart is here!"
"Go on and get some for us Noah."
"The usual?"
"Mhm." He left and I took a moment to look at my phone. I decided yesterday that I wasn't going to go to work for a minute, at least until I recuperated.
"I always loved to take a nice stroll in the park." A man said.
"What is it Chief?" I asked.
"Liv, we need you back at work?" I laughed.
"If you needed me, the FBI wouldn't be working the case now would they?"
"You know there isn't anything that I could do about that, but your brilliant mind, your analytical skills, that's what we need. You're amazing. The FBI handling the case officially doesn't mean you can't working on it unofficially."
"That's not just it."
"What is it?"
"Pricks like these hurt my daughter."