But Why?

Mount Sinai Hospital (Bella's Perspective)
"W-Where am I?"
"Bella, you're at the hospital. You passed out."
"After I learned my father's been trying to contact Leia and me? Yeah." I could feel my heart rate jumping back up and tears starting to flow again. Today started off so good, and now it's horrible.
"Sissy, you're okay!" Leia climbed on top of me and gave me a big hug. I felt so sad, looking into her green eyes, realizing that she was the same age as I was when I met our biological Dad. Knowing, that she's probably just as curious about him as I was.
"Yeah. Sissy's okay."
"Leia, how about you give Bell a minute to breathe? Why don't you get some candy from the machine with Dad?" Mom sat on my bed.
"We should talk about your father." I turned over on my other side, facing away from Mom.
"Bella, please. I think that you should know what I have to say. What Maria said."
"No, leave me alone. I don't care about what she said."
"Bell-"
"Leave me alone!!!"
*******************
Lexington Ave. (2 hours earlier) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Against all common sense, we're here talking to you," I muttered.
"Who's been sending the packages and how do we know that we can even believe you?" Elliot asked.
"I have photographic proof and I saw it with my own eyes."
"Wait hold on, you're not supposed to be anywhere near our property."
"I know, but I have a friend on your block. My intention was never to watch Bella or anything..but after a while, I got tempted. I just...I want to have a relationship with her so badly." Maria began to tear up. Elliot looked as if he could care less, so I decided to play the empathetic role.
"Okay, I understand. So what did you see?"
"One day I saw Bella walking home alone, she went inside and everything seemed normal. A couple of minutes later, a car pulls up someone exits and leaves a package on your front steps, they ring the doorbell, Bella comes down a minute later and they're gone."
"How do you know they have a connection to Dashon?"
"Because the man that left that package on your desk was his best friend, Remy. I recognized him from the diamond tattoo on his face. You need to do something, the fact that he's leaving packages with things that he knows the girls want means that he's been following them for a while. He was always upset about his access to Bella and Leia too now apparently. He's trying to gain control and win them over. Don't let him."
"Wait, he sent Bella packages before today? We only knew about Leia's..." I wasn't sure if I should listen to information from Maria, but there was something about the sincerity in her voice. The tears forming. She may just be... right?
^^^^^^^^^^
The Hospital Room
"You're not running away from this. Whether it be physically or mentally. I'm not going to let this eat away at you, like when you were younger."
"You can't force me to talk. I'm not doing it. I don't want to." She pulled the IV out of her arm frantically.
"Bella, hey, hey-"
"I'm not talking to you and I'm not staying in this hospital." She tried to run away and I held her in a therapeutic restraint.
"LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW! GET OFF OF ME! I JUST WANT TO DISAPPEAR! Why does my life suck so much?! I can never be happy!" Hospital staff rushed over to try to give her some meds so she'd relax.
"It's okay, I got this-" She tried to pry my arms off of her one last time before giving up and simply crying.
"I've got you, sweetie, Mommy's got you."
**************
The Horton Hotel (721 Central Park West) (8:02 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
We had to leave our house the second I got out of the hospital. It wasn't safe to be there anymore. I can't believe that after all of these years, my biological father would dare try to be a part of my life again! Every time that I'm close to being a little happy and feeling like a normal person, my life comes crashing down. I don't know what this is, but this can't be life.
"Can we talk now?" Mom and Dad were standing at the door. I nodded and fixed myself.
"Is it okay if I'm all here?" I nodded again.
"So Bella, is it true that there were packages sent specifically to you more than once?
"Yes."
"Why didn't you tell us about this Bella?!"
"Because-"
"Because what, bear?" Dad asked.
"I didn't think that it was...him. I thought that it was my older sibling...the one that Mom told me about when I was smaller, and then I questioned that and I had ripped up the letter so I just kept it a secret." I broke down.
"I just don't wanna go through this again, the last time something with Dashon happened I ended up giving my feet millions of cuts from stomping on the bracelet he gave me. It just makes me so angry!"
"But Bella, we have to talk about this, you and Leia's safety are at risk, and we don't want anything happening to you girls. Plus, if you keep all of these emotions bottled up inside you will end up resorting to doing actions similar to stepping on the bracelet."
"But-"
"I can't do this right now, I told you I wasn't ready!" I left my bedroom and ran over to Noah and Eli's room.
"Bella, come out please."
"I'm not ready. I don't want to do this, and I won't! I have boundaries! And, I'm really angry at you guys! Why do you even want to talk to me now when you wouldn't let me be a part of the original conversation? Please, just leave me alone. You've done enough."
***************
Mom & Dad's Bed (Leia's Perspective)
"What'cha drawing?"
"Horsies." I picked up a brown marker and started drawing the horsey's leg.
"That's a pretty horsey, pumpkin. Hey, can I talk to you about today? Is that okay, sweetheart?" I nodded silently. Today was kind of a not-good day. It was a scary day kind of.
"How are you feeling right now? Do you feel better than you did earlier?"
"A little bit. I'm sad still."

Flashback
"Wake up, Bella! Wake up! Why won't sissy wake up?!" Kathleen took me away from Bella.
"Is Bella dead?! I don't want her to die!"
"No, no Bella isn't dead. Bella is- Please don't cry, you're gonna make me cry."
"Then why is she not awake?! I wish that Maria never came and Mommy and Daddy didn't leave, and Bella was happy and not sad! Then we would be a happy family!"
End of Family*

"It's scary when the bad stuff happens. I was scared that Bella died and I thought she was gonna try to go away again." I cried and Mommy hugged me softly.
"W-Why does bad stuff always gotta happen to us? We're not a happy family, we're a sad family. Why can't we be like Bailey's family? They're always happy, and Bailey's Mom and Dad don't work a lot and don't have to go to a hotel ever! It's only us that has to!"
"Leia, all families go through a hard time sometimes,  Bailey's family could be going through a hard time too, but she just isn't telling you about it. It makes us sad and angry, but hard times don't last forever. We're not a sad family."
"Then why is everyone sad right now? Why did she come today? Why is Bella upset?" Mommy got up and went by the door.
"Elliot, can you come here, please?" Why is Mommy calling Daddy? They talked a little bit outside of the room and I tried to listen. I couldn't hear anything though.
"So...the reason why Maria came today and why Bella was upset is...well-" What's wrong?? What is going on?! Why can't they just say it?
"Do you remember how I told you that you and Bella are half-siblings because you share a father?"
"Dashon..."
"Yes, him. Today, he sent a package to the house for Bella. Like the one that you got for your birthday." I was kind of confused.
"Why was Bella sad and why couldn't I keep the package?"
"Because he isn't supposed to be sending these things, he shouldn't even know where we live. He's not-" Mommy started to get a bit upset.
"Leia, your father is not a good person. That's why." Daddy said.
"But he's sending us presents. Isn't that nice?"
"Leia it isn't the same as when Uncle Fin sends you presents, he is not supposed to be around you guys, or even be on that kind of level with you guys. He's not safe."
"But why? Why can't we be with him and see him? I can't see him?"
"No, Leia."
"But why?!"
"Because he's done some bad things. Very bad things."
"But you and Mommy make mistakes and I can still see you!"
"Leia, it isn't like that."
"But it's not fair. Everyone knows who their real parents are, but I don't and he's trying to be nice and you won't let him. It's not fair." I yelled.
"I-I hate you!" I cried.

To be continued~