Chapter Twenty Three

By the time the week was up, Alec was pretty much completely healed and finished with physical therapy. Carlisle still had him do basic stretches and such, but other than that, the boy was back to his regular self. He didn't have much of a change towards his attitude or movements, which was one thing Carlisle had been worried about.

      Throughout the week, Edward stayed in Alaska. By Saturday, Edward had come back and congratulated Tabitha on the good news about Alec. Edward tried to stay to himself for the most part, but his family wouldn't let him be alone. They wanted to distract him from his thoughts about Bella. Honestly, Tabitha believed Bella was going to be a bad influence for Edward, and possibly for the rest of the family as well.

       When Monday had rolled around, Tabitha watched as Edward started trying to get to know Bella. Tabitha and Rosalie both held scowls on their faces as they watched Bella continue to look at their family. Jasper placed his arm over the back of Tabitha's seat, pulling her closer to him--if that was even possible--to try and calm her down. She and Rosalie seemed to have matching tempers when it came to Bella Swan.

        When the school day had ended, the Cullen family--which now included Tabitha--stood around their cars and talked amongst each other. They tried to look as normal as they could, even though they still stood out to everyone in the school. In one quick moment, Bella almost got hit by a truck driven by one of her friends, but Edward had a hero complex and saved her.

       The family stood with glares on their faces as they watched Edward. Jasper wrapped his arm around Tabitha's shoulders, as he pulled her to their car. They had started referring to her car as their car, and though Jasper had his own car, he seemed to always ride with Tabitha in hers. Once they were in the car, Jasper quickly pulled out of the school parking lot and drove home. Walking into the house, Tabitha and Jasper were met by Alec, who sprinted over to them as soon as they opened the door.

"Mommy! Jazzy!" He exclaimed, as Tabitha crouched down to his height.

       Once Alec had his arms around his mother's neck for a hug, she wrapped her arms around him and stood up. She peppered his face with kisses, causing him to smile and laugh. A moment or two went by, before he looked over at Jasper and stuck an arm out to reach for him. Jasper was still unsure of himself around Alec, but with an encouraging smile from Tanitha, Jasper smiled at Alec and took the boy into his arms.

"How was your day with Esme?" Jasper asked, looking down at the boy in his arms.

"Good. We made cookies." He answered, grinning childishly.

"Nice. Did you save some for Mommy?" Jasper asked, and Alec nodded quickly.

"Yes. I used M&Ms for hers. They're her favorite." He said, as Jasper smiled.

"Take us to the cookies. I bet Mommy would love one." Jasper commented, and placed Alec down on the floor.

       Jasper grabbed Tabitha's hand, as he continued to hold on to Jasper's, and pulled them to the kitchen where Esme was pulling the last batch of cookies out of the oven.

"I hope you really like cookies. Alec and I went a little overboard on the baking." Esme said, as she looked up and smiled when she seen Jasper, Alec, and Tabitha walking into the room looking like a little family.

"I will always say yes to a cookie." Tabitha replied, grabbing a cookie from the bowl of cookies on the counter.

"Jazzy try one." Alec said, and Tabitha bit her lip.

"Alec, Jasper--" Tabitha began, before Jasper cut her off.

"No, I-I'll try one." Jasper said, taking a small cookie.

     Jasper took a small bite of the cookie, which tasted like ash in his mouth. Food was revolting to a vampire, but he wanted to make Alec happy. Seeing the grimace on Jasper's face, which was subtle so Alec couldn't see it, Tabitha distracted Alec for a second--long enough for Jasper to spit out the cookie and pretend he ate the rest of it.

"Did you like it?" Alec asked, causing Jasper to nod.

"It was really good. I think you'll be a professional baker when you grow up. You'll have your own bakery, and you'll make millions off of your cookies." Jasper said, causing Alec to grin.

"He liked it, Mommy!" Alec exclaimed, a twinkle evident in his eyes from the praise he had recieved from Jasper.

"I'm so proud of you, baby. You make everyone so happy." Tabitha cooed, as she kissed the top of her son's head.

      Ever since Alec had finally been cleared for normal activity, he had been obsessed with Jasper. Jasper had been around so often when he was bedridden, that Alec had become attached to the vampire. Of course, Alec didn't know Jasper was a vampire, but nonetheless, Alec seemed to take a liking to the man.

"We have to talk once the others come inside. It's about Edward and Bella." Jasper stated, and Esme frowned.

       Rosalie and Edward had went straight to the hospital to talk to Carlisle. They needed to figure out what they were supposed to do, since Edward had almost outed them to the entire school. Rosalie seemed to be the angriest out of all of them, which was quite evident to Jasper since he could sense her feelings.

       Jasper also knew that Tabitha was angry at Edward, but there was nothing they could do about it until they talked with Carlisle and Esme. Jasper hoped they wouldn't have to leave Forks, since he was scared they'd have to leave Tabitha and Alec behind. There was no way in hell he was leaving them behind, even if that meant he had to take them away somewhere without his family...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I am so sorry that my last update was months ago. I have been so busy with my other Twilight stories and my Harry Potter stories, that I forgot to update this one. I hope you guys can forgive me, because I'm back to updating!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx