Chapter Five

Jasper sat in the living room of the Cullen family's house. He was contemplating telling Alice about how he felt over the week of Tabitha being in his first class. He didn't know how to put it into words, though he knew he felt different somehow. He shook the thought out of his head, making sure Edward couldn't hear what he had just been thinking about, or rather who he had been thinking about.

      Alice skiped down from her room, seeing Jasper sitting on the couch, staring blankly out of the windows. She bit her lip, then grinned once she realized exactly what Jasper had been thinking about. He might've thought he was keeping his feelings inconspicuous, but Alice knew very well, especially from the small vision she had seen last week.

      She walked outside of their home, standing on the deck looking out at the woods. All Alice had on her mind after seeing Jasper, was Tabitha. She wanted to know why the girl seemed almost nervous to go out for the weekend. Alice knew she was hiding something, she just didn't know what. All she could think though was that she had been scared because of something to do with the person named Alec. Maybe he was an enemy, a bully or someone close to her that may have been sick.

    By the time Alice came back into her house, everyone was in the living room. Edward could hear his sister's mind racing, hearing Tabitha's name every so often. He looked over at Alice, seeing an almost sympathetic look on her face as she stared at Jasper.

"What's wrong?" Esme asked Alice, as she seen the look on her face.

"There's this new girl at school, Tabitha. She's got Jasper practically smitten over her." Emmet commented, causing both Esme and Carlisle to nod with slight smiles on their faces.

"Really? She must be something special." Carlisle retorted, causing Jasper to look down.

"She's holding a secret from everyone. We can't figure it out, but we're thinking the secret is about someone named Alec." Edward said, as his siblings nodded in agreement.

"Don't get too close to her. Just because you all are curious about her, does not mean you need to befriend her. She is a human, and we need to keep our secret as long as possible." Carlisle stated, Jasper putting his head down as he heard those words.

"Well, as long as they don't slip up and tell her anything, I believe they can be her friend." Esme commented, after seeing how Jasper seemed to be upset with Carlisle's words.

"I invited her to go shopping with me next weekend. I had originally planned this weekend but she said she was busy." Alice said, informing the two Cullens that were not at the school with them.

"She seemed real nervous when she declined and rushed her decline almost instantly." Rosalie added, not completely liking the new girl.

"I think she's just nervous about being the new student. Everyone stared at her when she walked around. They practically drooled over her car." Jasper commented, as his siblings nodded in agreement.

"You should've seen her car. It was beautiful." Emmet said, as he reminisced about Tabitha's car.

"Yeah, you could tell she takes real care of that car." Edward added, as he nodded along with Emmet.

"I believe she only cares so much for that car because it was the last gift she got from her brother before he died." Alice commented, causing Jasper to nod.

"Did you find out how her brother died?" Esme asked, causing the siblings to nod.

"Yes, he had been deployed to Iraq after her sixteenth birthday. Two months later he died after one of the US Army based restaurants were blown up by the Taliban." Jasper stated, feeling a wave of sadness and sympathy run through the Cullen family.

     Jasper knew how terrible wars could be, since he had been around during multiple wars, even participated in one when he was a newborn. He lied about his age to get in, later turned into an immortal whilst serving. He knew she was probably crushed by her brother's death, just like anyone else was when they lost a family member or close friend as well.

"I wonder what was so important this weekend?" Rosalie voiced, feeling like her opinion needed to be heard.

"I don't know but it's none of our business as long as she's not bothering us or getting herself killed." Carlisle replied, causing Rosalie to purse her lips.

      Rosalie didn't hate the new girl, but she didn't exactly like her either. She felt as if the new girl had a secret that was worth knowing, especially when her brother, Jasper, was practically smitten by her in only a week's time. She wanted to know and she wanted to know now. She wasn't going to invade the girl's privacy, she was going to get the girl to trust her enough to tell her secret. She knew that seemed dangerous, hateful and absurd, but she was very curious. She especially wanted to know why not only could Edward not read her mind, but Alice couldn't see into Tabitha's future either.

      Alice didn't tell everyone her vision, especially the part about Jasper being in it. She knew she needed to tell everyone sooner or later, but she didn't want the future to be altered. She knew Jasper needed this future to come true, rather he knew it or not. Everything was going to come into place sooner or later, at least she hoped. She just wasn't going to let anyone ruin her only vision she seen of Tabitha. Though she wanted to know why she couldn't see into Tabitha's future.

     What Alice didn't know, was that Alec was in all of Tabitha's future. Alice was able to see Tabitha's future, but she was actually unable to see Alec's future. Alec's future was blocked from her completely. Though, Edward's block was unexplainable, at least, until it could be explained...

×××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Again, the Cullens will not meet Alec right off the bat, because that would be too cliché.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx