Chapter One

Tabitha woke up quite early the next morning, rolling over to see grey clouds in the sky. She sighed, knowing Forks was way more dark, rainy and dreary. She knew this place was meant for her to get a fresh start, but it lacked so much motivation to her. She felt rundown almost, even a bit gloomy herself. It may not have been the weather though, it may have been the idea of going to a new school. Attention was not something she liked, especially after she had Alec. All attention became bad attention really quick for her after having her baby.

      Anyhow, she slowly and quietly stepped out of her bed, before going to her closet and sliding it open. Pulling out a pair of skinny jeans and a top, thankful for the fact that her closet door was almost silent. She quietly snuck into her bathroom, slipping in the shower, before dressing in the clothes she had picked out for the day. She then exited her bathroom, before slipping on some ankle boots and a cropped leather jacket. After fixing her hair and applying minimal makeup, she grabbed her phone and slipped silently out of her room.

"Here's your mint coffee." Perri said, handing Tabitha a to-go cup of coffee.

"Thanks." Tabitha replied, before grabbing her bookbag as well.

     She walked out of the house, before walking over to her car. Her car wasn't your teenagers "everyday" car. Tabitha's car was a 1967 Chevy Impala. She had received it on her sixteenth birthday from her brother, Zachary, before he went off to fight in Iraq. Though she was already pregnant when her birthday rolled around, her brother loved her and didn't leave her behind. He got her a gift, knowing how bad she needed at least transportation. If he could, he would've given her a place to stay. He wasn't able to though, after being so far gone for too long.

     Tabitha smiled at her car again, reliving the memory of receiving the gift once more, before she climbed in and started it up. She revved the engine, hearing it pur. She loved the sound of her car, as well as the sound of her speakers. She was known for playing so many different types of music, but she loved listening to classic rock before school, it always made her calm and even caused a ghost of a smile to appear on her face.

      At school, the Cullen family stood in a circle around their vehicles. They heard the car down the road, and watched as the beautiful, black car pulled into the parking lot. They knew that was the new kid, though they didn't know if it were a boy or girl. Once the girl stepped out of the car, the Cullen family were a little impressed. They watched as all the other kids gawked at her, even at her car, as she walked gracefully and confidently into the school, not making eye contact with anyone.

    Tabitha headed into the office, asking for her timetable. The receptionist handed her a paper, before asking another student to show Tabitha around.

"We'll be about ten minutes late to first class, but the teacher will understand. I'll let him know I was showing you around." The boy stated, causing Tabitha to nod.

"Alright." She replied, not wanting to strike up a conversation.

"Oh, I'm Tyler. Your name is...?" He trailed off, leaving his question open.

"Tabitha." She replied shortly, bored of the conversation already.

     Soon, the boy had showed Tabitha all around the school, though the kid was not a senior like her. He happened to be a junior, though he had senior classes sometimes. He explained to her that the most academically inclined kids were sometimes able to take higher classes. Once he was done showing Tabitha around, he brought her to their first class, History.

     She felt a bit awkward walking into the class while the teacher, Mr Sutter, was teaching his class. Mr Sutter was nice though, and told her to sit next to a boy by the name of Jasper Hale. She slowly made her way to the seat next to the pale boy, wishing she could've at least sat by herself.

      Jasper felt her nervous and upset feelings, which made him feel confused. He didn't know why she felt this way when being told to sit by him, knowing that she had only felt awkward and shy when she had walked into the classroom. He was almost positive he had never seen her, except for when she pulled into the school parking lot, so he knew for a fact that she wasn't nervous and upset because of what he was at least. He looked at her discreetly, or tried to be discreet, though she could see him catching glances at her from her peripheral vision.

     The two glances she had caught him doing didn't bother her, actually she felt calm after a moment or two sitting next to Jasper. She wasn't sure why, but she was glad she didn't feel like she was going to pass out from nervousness anymore. She didn't know how the class would take that. The new girl, passing out in the middle of the class because she was too nervous to sit next to a boy in class. It sounded ridiculous, she knew that, which is why she was happy that she had calmed down a bit.

     Jasper stared at the girl for a moment, completely curious about her. She smelt like vanilla and coconuts to him. He was almost intoxicated by her scent, though he had to suppress himself from the scent. If scent wasn't enough to attract him, her looks sure did. She was quite skinny, though she did have perfect curves in all of the right places. She had beautiful, long, slightly wavy, blonde hair and beautiful green eyes, almost like sea green. He felt confused, even a bit frightened by how he had already felt small attraction towards the girl. He just hoped it would go away...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Okay, so, if you guys haven't figured it out by this chapter, it's Jasper she falls for. I believe Jasper was my favorite character, aside from Rosalie, Alice, and Emmet of course.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx