Chapter Thirty Four

A couple of weeks had passed, and most of it was filled with Tabitha and the Cullens taking care of Alec and Narcissa. Jasper seemed to be thrilled with raising the two children, since it gave him something else to focus on other than his disappointment in himself. Tabitha hated that the vampire seemed to despise himself, so she tried often to make him see just how amazing he was if he didn't place self hatred into his head.

"Bella's coming over today." Alice announced, as she entered the nursery where Jasper and Tabitha were sitting.

The couple were getting their kids ready for the day, since it was only eight in the morning.

"This early?" Tabitha asked, causing her friend to nod.

"Yep, she'll be over in ten minutes. Edward went to get her." Alice replied, and Tabitha frowned.

Bella was still in a cast from the James incident, but she was healing fine. Tabitha wondered if the girl had learned her lesson for going places with crazy vampires, but she realized Bella would never learn a lesson, even the hard way.

Shaking her head, Tabitha quickly dressed her daughter and turned towards her boyfriend. Jasper had finished dressing Alec, so if they had the chance, they'd run from the house before Bella arrived.

"You won't make it out of here before she arrives." Alice stated, walking out of the nursery.

"Would it be rude to stay in a bedroom the whole time Bella is here?" Tabitha asked, causing Jasper to chuckle.

"I like the idea, but Edward would have our head." Jasper said, making Tabitha groan.

"Fine, we'll go be civil." She whined, and Jasper smiled to himself.

"Bella will be meeting them today." Jasper commented, motioning towards the two children.

"If she says something rude, I'm throwing her down the stairs." Tabitha retorted, as she and Jasper began to walk towards the main room.

"She's here." Jasper murmured, when he heard the front door open.

Tabitha scowled to herself, but she put on a fake neutral emotion face and stopped at the bottom of the stairs with Jasper. Bella had seen most of the family in the living room, but she didn't see Jasper or Tabitha. Looking over, her eyes widened when she seen the two children in the couple's hands.

"Bella." Tabitha greeted, nodding her head stiffly in greeting.

"A-are they...?" Bella trailed off, causing Tabitha to smile tightly.

"Yes, they're mine. Ours." Tabitha replied, as Jasper smiled as well.

"B-but you weren't--I thought they couldn't--" Bella stuttered, making Tabitha frown.

"I had Alec before I met Jasper, obviously. No, they can't procreate. Narcissa was only born weeks ago, and she was given to me by a--" Tabitha began, before Jasper cut her off.

"An old friend. She wanted us to have Cissa, since she wasn't the motherly type." Jasper said, trying to keep Tabitha's response from being too rude just yet.

"They're human though. Doesn't that bother you?" Bella asked, looking over at Jasper.

"Isabella, with all due respect, im going to stop you before you start asking a million more questions," Tabitha began, causing Edward to frown,"Yes, they are human, but they're scent doesn't bother him. He's their father and he loves them. Don't try asking questions that you know will cause problems. Keep them to yourself or ask open-book-Edward later when he sneaks into your room." She stated, and Bella looked away with a frown, as Edward glared at the girl.

Jasper glared back at his brother, causing Edward to quickly look away. Tabitha and Jasper walked into the main room and sat down with Rosalie and Emmett. Rosalie was scowling at Bella, but as soon as she seen Alec and Narcissa a smile formed on her face.

"Would you like to go off and talk? Emmett can help Jasper with the kids." Rosalie commented, and Tabitha nodded.

Jasper placed Alec down on the couch between himself and Emmett, as the little boy watched cartoons. Tabitha handed Narcissa to Jasper, before placing a kiss on Jasper's cheek. The two made eye contact for a moment, and Jasper understood what Tabitha was telling him. Edward hadn't caught the interaction, but Bella did. She didn't know what it was, but she still frowned. She was also upset that Rosalie seemed to like Tabitha but not her. Through their eye contact, Jasper knew Tabitha was telling him not to leave Bella around the kids or let her be too close to them, which meant not letting her hold them, especially without asking for permission.

"Does she hate me?" Bella asked, when Tabitha and Rosalie left the room.

"No, she's just...a bit different is all." Edward replied, not wanting to anger either girl's mate, since he didn't know which girl Bella was referring to.

Bella watched Jasper with the two kids, as well as how Emmett played around with the little boy so well. She wondered if Edward would ever give her a life like that. She was jealous of Tabitha for already having a family with Jasper, when Edward would barely kiss her without pulling himself away and saying he needed more control. Honestly, she almost wanted to hate the girl for it, but she knew she had to be nice, since Tabitha was already further into being a part of the Cullen family than she was.

"That girl pisses me off. Why does she think it's alright to ask questions like that when the kids are around? She needs to realize that Jasper already has trouble believing in himself, so if she asks things like that, she makes his self doubt worse." Tabitha ranted, and Rosalie nodded.

"I know. It took every bit of strength in me to keep myself from ripping her apart. The kids' lives and how they came to be are none of her business. Jasper is none of her business, and neither are you. The whole family is going to be put in more danger because of her, but Edward just wants to keep her around and let her know more and more secrets than she needs to know." Rosalie said, shaking her head at the mere thought of Bella.

Rosalie and Tabitha seemed to grow closer as they continued their walk. The thing that they agreed on most was Bella and Edward's relationship being toxic and forced. They didn't understand why Edward told her so many secrets, when there was a chance he wouldn't even end up with her in the end. Both girls were almost sure that Bella was just using Edward for immortality, but they couldn't prove it or bring it up, since Edward, Carlisle, Esme, and Alice would chew their heads off. They just wanted what was best for the family...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm sorry for taking so long to update. Sometimes I forget that people actually like this story.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx