Chapter Seven

Tabitha dressed herself in a pair of skinny jeans, a grey tank top and her leather jacket as well as a pair of ankle boots, so she'd be ready by the time Alice arrived. Before Alice arrived though, she put her son down for a nap. After putting her son down for a nap, she heard Perri calling her to the living room.

"I promise I'll take good care of Alec until you get back. Just-go out and have fun. You haven't done much exploring or anything unless you're with Alec. Here's your chance to be kid free for a few hours and to have fun." Perri stated, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I know but he's my baby, and I just don't want to miss anything. I don't want to miss something important, just because I wanted time to myself. I'd feel like a bad mother." Tabitha replied, causing Perri to vigorously shake her head.

"You're not a bad mother and you never will be. You spend every moment with him when you're not getting an education. Please, just enjoy yourself for a few hours today. It'll be well worth it, I promise." Perri said, about the time Alice pulled up outside of Tabitha's house.

      Alice was hoping that Tabitha's secret would just pop out as soon as she arrived but sadly that did not happen. Anyhow, Alice stepped out of her car and walked up to the door before knocking lightly. Tabitha answered the door, with Perri standing beside her.

"Hello Tabitha." Alice cheered, causing Tabitha to smile.

"Hey Alice. This is my friend Perri." Tabitha replied, causing Alice to grin.

"Nice to meet you Perri." Alice said,  as Perri replied with the same words.

"Alright, time for you to leave. I've got things to do. Stay out for a while and enjoy yourself." Perri stated, before slightly shoving Tabitha out the door, closing it behind her.

      Alice and Tabitha walked out to Alice's car, before getting in and driving towards town. Alice and Tabitha talked through the ride, talking about fashion and about school. Tabitha even told Alice about Ashley and her rude comments.

"Ashley always seemed so uptight, but she's so rude, especially when the people aren't there to defend themselves." Tabitha said, causing Alice to shake her head with a scowl.

"She doesn't seem like a nice person or a good friend. If I were you, I wouldn't talk to her anymore. She might try to start rumors if she hears anything about you that may or may not be true." Alice replied, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I would, but she and Josh are my lunch buddies. I don't exactly want to sit alone like I did at my old school during sophmore and junior year." Tabitha commented, but cringed once she realized what she had said.

"Well, you could always sit with us. I mean, we are all friends now." Alice said, noticing Tabitha's quick change in mood.

"Yeah, I might just do that." Tabitha replied, hoping she didn't seem too off.

     Soon Alice and Tabitha were outside of a clothing store. The two girls walked inside of the store, deciding to stay together whilst looking through the clothes. Alice found a few pairs of pants and a couple shirts, as did Tabitha, before they began to look through the shoes. Tabitha grabbed a new pair of combat boots and converse, after remembering she had worn hers out before. Alice grabbed a couple pairs of heeled boots, deciding that they were more than cute for her collection. Checking the time on her phone, Tabitha realized they had already been shopping for two hours. She couldn't believe that the time was flying so fast.

"We can go shopping for some jewelry and then go for dinner if you'd like." Alice commented, causing Tabitha to nod.

      The two girls walked down the sidewalk, until the ended up outside of a jewelry store. They walked inside and picked a few pairs of earrings, necklaces and bracelets. As they were headed back to Alice's car, Tabitha seen a real cute antique shop.

"We should check out here real quick before heading for food." Tabitha said, causing Alice to nod with a grin.

   They walked inside, looking around at all of the different little trinkets and whatnots. Instead of buying everything they saw, they grabbed their favorite items. Tabitha even bought a cute little teddy bear, though she didn't tell Alice it was for her son, since Alice didn't know about Alec.

"Ready for some food?" Alice asked, causing Tabitha to nod.

      As they were in Alice's car, heading towards a restaurant, Tabitha's phone began to ring. She looked down and seen it was Perri calling her. She smiled sheepishly, before answering her phone.

T - Hello?

D - Yes, is this Tabitha Petty?

T - Yes sir, who is this?

D - I'm Dr Cullen, and I was hoping you could come down to the hospital as fast as you can.

T - Yes, is there something wrong?

D - Oh, yes. Your friend Perri Knight and your son Alec Petty were in a very bad car accident today. I can not give much detail over the phone due to hospital policies.

T - Oh God! I'll be there in a minute!

"What's wrong?! What happened?!" Alice exclaimed, acting as if she hadn't heard the telephone call.

"Can you drive me to the hospital?! Please, I have to be there fast!" Tabitha cried, Alice quickly shifting into high gear.

     Alice raced down to the hospital, as Tabitha tried to keep the tears from rolling down her face. Before Alice was even parked, Tabitha had thrown open the car door.

"Woah! Be careful Tab! You can hurt yourself!" Alice scolded, but Tabitha didn't reply.

     She ran into the entrance of the hospital with Alice hot on her heals. Alice had to run using human speed, so she felt slow compared to how she'd normally run. Tabitha was so scared, her heart racing ninety to nothing. She couldn't lose her son or best friend, she wouldn't be able to live herself...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So I lied, a few Cullens will meet Alec, but not all of them. It'll stay a secret to some of them.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx