Chapter Nine

Three days. That's how long Tabitha has been sitting in her son's hospital room, waiting for him to get better so he could wake up. His brain had stopped bleeding and the swelling had stopped, but sadly the swelling had yet to go down. Dr Cullen had told Tabitha that if the swelling wasn't down by the end of the week, there would be a good chance Alec would have brain damage or, even worse, he could end up brain dead. So, Tabitha sat in the room, staring at her son, barely getting any sleep, barely eating or drinking, but praying her son's health would advance.

      Perri had gone home after one day, though she really didn't know if she wanted to leave Tabitha and Alec at the hospital. She tried to stay, but Tabitha made her leave. Perri felt terrible, and she had every reason to feel that way. After getting home, she called Jacob and had him come to her home. She had told him what had happened, not worrying about Tabitha's wishes of keeping Alec a secret. She felt terrible and she needed to talk to someone. Jacob even felt bad, knowing he was the reason she had brought Tabitha's son out in the first place. He hated the idea of the little boy being hurt because he had to ask Perri to meet him at a coffee shop.

      Alice kept her promise, not telling anyone about Alec. She brought a bag of clothes for both Alec and Tabitha the second day Alec was in the hospital. Though she had kept her secret for the most part, she did tell Edward to "visit" Perri the day she arrived home. So, she had him promise to not tell anyone about Alec, though he didn't know who she was talking about.

        The day Perri arrived home, Edward waited an hour before going to "visit" her. He asked her the same cliché questions, "How are you doing?" "Are you okay?" As he was having small talk with Perri, he also read her mind. Alice had told him the lie that Perri had told Tabitha, and when he heard the truth he was livid. He left her house after an hour, before heading home and telling Carlisle and Alice what he had heard. Both were mad, but promised to keep it from Tabitha. They wanted Tabitha to hear the truth from Perri instead of from them.

     Carlisle took care of Alec as much as he could, trying to fix everything possible on the young boy. He tried hard trying to find quick ways to fix the young boy, but it seemed he had to work the old school way. The boy was very injured, though the mother wasn't much better when it came to emotions. Carlisle tried hard to get her to eat, drink or even take a small nap, promising to wake her if something happened, but she refused. He felt terrible, but he had to try hard to fix them both either way. 

      Jasper had realized that Tabitha hadn't been in school for two days and he had become worried. He could tell Alice, Carlisle and even Edward knew something that he didn't. He wanted to ask about why they had been feeling sorrow, sympathy and worry for the past three days, but he didn't want to pry. He really wanted to ask about Tabitha as well, he just didn't know how to approach the subject. Edward could hear Jasper's mind racing, wondering about them and Tabitha. He could tell that Jasper became attached to Tabitha, but he also knew he had to keep anything he knew to himself.

       Alice had been coming to the hospital everyday she could, checking on Tabitha and Alec. She could see the decline in Tabitha's health. Carlisle asked Alice to talk Tabitha into eating, drinking or sleeping, but even Alice couldn't change Tabitha's mind. Alice became more and more worried, but she couldn't voice her issues with anyone, since she had to keep her promise to Tabitha. The worse Tabitha became, the more Alice wanted to tell her why Alec was really in the hospital. She wanted to tell her that Perri lied, but she kept her mouth shut.

       Tabitha was already too upset and didn't need anymore problems. She didn't need her mind full of anything else other than Alec. She had to have complete focus on herself and her son. Alice's own mind was full of worry for Alec and Tabitha a lot, though she tried to keep her mind empty whilst around Edward. Though Edward had learned a bit from reading Perri's mind, he didn't know Alec was Tabitha's son, nor did he know that Tabitha had been sitting in the hospital with Alec for the whole time she had been absent at school.

     Tabitha wasn't even worried about her school work. She didn't care if she missed the rest of her school year. She didn't care if she didn't graduate. She didn't care if she failed every class. She didn't even worry about calling in excuses for her absences, she only worried about her son. She knew everyone at school probably were asking where she was, but she didn't care. Honestly, to this point, she didn't even care if everyone had found out about her son. She just wanted him to get better and be able to wake up and be his old self again.

     Alice was planning on coming to visit her, asking her how she was over text message. She was surprised when Tabitha said she didn't care about anything or anyone but her son, she didn't even care if someone or everyone found out about her son. She just needed him to start getting better and wake up. Alice felt so sad, knowing Carlisle had told her that Alec would be comatose for a while. She didn't want to tell Tabitha that, but she knew one thing for sure, she was going to make Perri tell Tabitha the truth...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx