Chapter Ten

Two weeks. Two weeks had passed, and Alec was still not allowed to come out of his medical coma. He had been getting better, but they needed his ribs and collar bone to fully heal before they let him wake up. Though, with how much Tabitha's health had deteriorated, Carlisle was close to allowing Alec to come to, as long as they kept him on enough morphine where he wouldn't feel the pain, nor would he stay awake long enough to want to get out of the bed. When he walked into Alec's room on the day that marked two weeks Alec had been in the hospital, he seen just how sickly Tabitha herself looked. He almost felt like she was going to end up in the hospital herself.

"Tabitha, I was thinking about letting Alec come out of his medical coma." Carlisle said, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"Will that even be a good idea?" She asked, though Carlisle knew what he thought.

"Well, I'm going to keep him on Morphine, enough to keep him from feeling pain and he'll sleep a lot still though he will wake up enough to see you're here for him." Carlisle replied, and Tabitha bit her lip.

"As long as he won't be hurting. I don't want him hurting at all or upset." Tabitha replied, as Carlisle nodded.

"He may be upset at first, but he won't really know much. He won't hurt either, so we'll try to keep him as calm as possible." Carlisle said, as Tabitha nodded as well.

      Carlisle stopped the sedative but left the morphine running, max strength for Alec's body. He knew it would be a few hours before Alec woke up, but it would at least calm Tabitha's nerves. Unbeknownst to Tabitha, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Edward and Emmet were headed over to her house. They were going to talk to Perri, Jasper planning on making her feel the need to tell Tabitha the truth. Alice couldn't deal with Tabitha not knowing about what Perri really did.

     The five of them went into Tabitha's home, surprising Perri who was sat in the kitchen. They could smell Jacob in the kitchen, though he hadn't phased yet, so he couldn't really smell them. Jacob stood beside Perri, as the five vampires glared at him and Perri.

"What are you doing in my home?" Perri asked, causing Emmet to smirk.

"Well, we're here to tell you that you better tell Tabitha the truth. She has been in that hospital for two weeks with Alec, who still hasn't woken up or gotten any healthier. If that kid doesn't make it, you're going to be sorry." Rosalie spat, causing Jacob to growl.

"You can not threaten her. If you do anything to her, you'll be going against the treaty." Jacob retorted, causing Jasper to growl.

"So you'll let Perri kill an innocent child and still protect her as the child and his mother sit in the hospital waiting for even the slightest good news. Why would someone protect a child killer, when she knew she was not supposed to drive with him in the car. It's all your fault she drove, and it's all her fault he's in critical condition." Jasper stated, causing Perri to start crying and Jacob to look down feeling ashamed.

"We're just here to tell Perri to give Tabitha the truth, otherwise we will. Whichever way will work for us, though you won't like how she reacts from the second option." Alice said, before the five vampires left the house.

       The five vampires left and headed back to their home, waiting to see if Perri would tell Tabitha the truth or not. They were giving her until tonight, by the time Alec would be awake since they knew Alec was taken off of the medically induced coma.

      Perri sat with Jacob for a moment, before shaking her head and deciding she was going to listen to the Cullen family who had come to tell her to tell Tabitha the truth. She didn't want her hearing it from them, though she didn't know how they knew the truth. Jacob tried to talk her out of it, but she made him leave before she got herself ready and made her way down to the hospital. She had decided to walk instead of taking a chance of wrecking Tabitha's car as well. When she arrived at the hospital, she slowly made her way to Alec's room, seeing Tabitha sat next to his bed and holding his small hand in hers.

"I-I need to tell you something." Perri stuttered, before Tabitha ushered her outside of the room.

     Both girls stood outside of the hospital room, so they wouldn't disturb Alec's rest.

"I-I lied." Perri muttered, causing Tabitha to look at her confused.

"What are you talking about?" Tabitha asked, as Carlisle listened from a far, trying to make sure nothing got out of hand.

"I-I lied about what really happened. I didn't try to bring him to a new diner. I was going to meet a guy named Jacob at a coffee shop down by La Push. He had called me to come down to see him and I didn't think about it before I drove down there with Alec." Perri said, making Tabitha start breathing heavy in anger.

"What?!" Tabitha exclaimed, as she got in Perri's face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think! Please forgive me! I'm so sorry Tabitha!" Perri cried, as Tabitha fumed with anger.

"Get out. Stay away from my son. Stay away from me. You need to leave my house and never come back. You didn't think before you put my son in danger. He could die and it's all your fault." Tabitha spat, but Perri shook her head.

"No! Please forgive me! I'm so sorry!" Perri cried, before Carlisle came around the hall towards the two girls.

"I believe Tabitha told you to leave. I would advise you to leave before we call security. I also advise you to listen to her when she says leave her home and keep Jacob away as well, otherwise we will contact the authorities." Carlisle stated, causing Perri to nod slowly and then leave.

"Thank you." Tabitha mumbled, before Carlisle nodded and then left.

      Tabitha ran her hand through her hair, before she opened Alec's hospital room door.

"Mommy?"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Yes, they do know about Alec, but most of them haven't met him.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx