Chapter Six

Tabitha had drove to school, listening to her classic rock music blaring through her speakers. When she pulled into the school's parking lot, she was surprised to see the Cullens were not at school. They had been at school all week, except today. Today was a bright and sunny Friday morning, which confused Tabitha on why the Cullens were not at school. She would think they'd be at school if it wasn't storming and preventing them from coming. She decided just to blow it off, not worry about the people who she rarely seen during school, though she had befriended both Alice and Rosalie quite quickly. She could also say she was close to befriending Jasper, Emmet and Edward as well.

      Anyhow, she walked into first class and sat down, feeling a little bummed since she was use to Jasper saying "good morning" to her each day as she sat down next to him. All through her first three classes, she wondered where the Cullen family had disappeared to. She just shook her head, deciding not to worry about the five siblings she had missed during school.

      As she sat down at her lunch table, her friends Ashley and Josh were waiting on her. Tabitha had decided that Ashley may only be a temporary friend, since Ashley didn't seem to know much about personal information or personal space. Josh knew when questions were too personal, so he kept most questions to himself.

      Tabitha watched Ashley look back at the Cullen table, shaking her head with pursed lips when she seen the siblings were not at school.

"They're not here again." Ashley stated, causing Tabitha to look at he confused.

"Oh, you probably don't know. Dr Cullen pulls them out of school for camping trips and stuff when it's nice and sunny outside. Never fails, each time they'll be gone. They're really weird when it comes to skipping school." Josh said, causing Ashley to nod quickly.

"Yeah, like, they're really weird. They keep to themselves and they act as if they're better than everyone else. I probably should've said something before but you need to stay away from them. I seen you talking to the short haired girl last Friday and I was going to step in to, ya know, save you from that, but I didn't want to go near her. Like, you seemed to have plenty of control over the situation." Ashley added, as Josh shook his head in disappointment towards Ashley.

     Tabitha rolled her eyes, before discreetly leaving the table. She couldn't stand how uptight Ashley seemed to be about everyone who didn't talk to her. Honestly, Tabitha was worried about what Ashley would say about her if she were to openly be friends with the Cullens in public. Tabitha didn't see anything wrong with the family, so she was confused about how rude Ashley was being about them. She was almost positive that they had done nothing wrong towards Ashley, so she didn't see why Ashley even had an opinion anyhow.

       After leaving school and blaring her music all the way home, Tabitha walked inside of her house with a scowl on her face. She was quite irritated with Ashley, but she didn't say anything to Ashley's face of course. She kept her opinions of the girl to herself.

"How was school?" Perri asked, as she fed Alec a snack.

"Irritating. Ashley was just so rude about the Cullen family, since they happened to not be there today. I just kept my mouth shut and left, 'cause I was not dealing with her attitude today." Tabitha replied, causing Perri to laugh.

"Yeah, some girls can be quite rude sometimes." Perri commented, after cleaning off Alec's face.

      Alec reached his hands up, making grabby hands towards his mother so she would pick him up. After lifting him into her arms, she carried him to the living room with her and Perri. Alec laid against his mother and babbled, whilst her and Perri watched an episode of 13 Reasons Why. Once the episode ended, Perri said her goodbyes to Tabitha and Alec, before leaving to go to work.

       Tabitha was glad it was already Friday, meaning she wouldn't have to go to school tomorrow. Since Alice hadn't been in school today, she figured that meant she wasn't going to go shopping with Alice tomorrow. Around six, Tabitha brought Alec into the kitchen so she could make them dinner. Tabitha wasn't very hungry, so for dinner she decided to make pizza rolls. Alec loved pizza rolls, well, he loved all types of pizza or pizza flavored foods.

     As she cut up Alec's pizza rolls, she heard her phone ping, notifying her that she had received a text message. She decided to finish what she had been doing, before placing the food and sippy cup in front of her son. Once she had his food fixed, she made some for herself, as well as some ketchup to dip them in and a cold glass of sweet tea to drink as well. After she was completely sat down, she checked her phone and seen she had received a message, surprisingly from Alice.

'Sorry I wasn't at school today, but we're still on for shopping tomorrow. I'll be over around one to get you.'

   Panic was the first thing that ran through her, scared Alice would see Alec. Then she realized Alec would be napping by the time Alice arrived, so she would be safe by that time. So, after her and Alec finished dinner, she texted Perri and let her know what Alice had said. Afterward, she sat Alec in his playpin with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playing on the tv, as Tabitha cleaned up the kitchen. Once she was cleaning, she brought Alec into the bathroom to give him a bath. She washed her son with baby safe shampoo and body wash, before putting on a fresh diaper and a sleeper with monkeys all over it. She brushed through his blonde curls, before holding him close to her. He laid his head on her shoulder, drinking the bottle of juice his mother fixed him, before slowly falling asleep.

      Once Alec was asleep, Tabitha laid him down in his bed and covered him up. She then walked into her bathroom and took a quick shower, before pulling on a pair of basketball shorts and a sports bra. After getting into her pajamas, she threw her hair up in a messy, wet bun, before laying down in her bed. She slowly fell asleep, thinking about what Alice could possibly have planned for tomorrow...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm going to wait until at least chapter ten before the Cullens meet Alec.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx