Chapter Sixteen

"No, we'll stay with you all. I trust you."

    Hearing those words leave Tabitha's mouth made Jasper succumb to joy. Happiness radiated off of him, slowly changing Tabitha's feelings as well. He was overjoyed that she had decided to stay with them. He couldn't barely contain himself when she had openly announced that she trusted him. After learning his family's secret, as well as finding out he was the newest vegetarian, he didn't expect her to stay but the surprise was even better. Honestly, he just wanted to dance with joy, squeeze her in a hug, show all the happiness he was feeling but he knew he couldn't. He didn't know Rosalie had told Tabitha about the mates, so he didn't want to freak Tabitha out. Hell, he wasn't even completely sure of himself.

        With all the happiness and joy he felt from her words, he knew undoubtedly that she was his mate. No other girl in his lifetime had made him feel the way she had. She was the most amazing girl he had ever met, yet he didn't make any moves on her. He didn't try to flirt. He didn't try to talk much to her. He wanted to give her space, give her son space, give himself some space to see if he was even sure of himself. He was scared that he'd hurt her or her son, even if she was his mate and he felt very protective over both her and Alec, he was unsure of how far he could go before he accidentally hurt one of them. He knew the moment he hurt either of them, that'd be the end of everything. He'd end his existence right there. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Tabitha's phone rang. He watched as she answered the phone and placed it at her ear.

N - Miss Petty?

T - Speaking.

N - Oh good, Alec has awoken. He needed some juice but now he's asking for you.

T - Alright, I'll be straight up.

N - Good, I'll let him know.

       Once Tabitha ended the call, she stuffed her phone back into the pocket of her jeans. She didn't want to leave Jasper, especially after he had been so sincere with her. She knew she needed to go to her son though, he needed her more than anyone in the world right now. She felt the inner battle, it made her heart pull and tummy flutter but she couldn't bring herself to leaving either boy. So, she quickly stood to her feet, watching Jasper do the same.

"I'll leave you for the night, ma'am. Seems Alec is in need of his mother." Jasper said, making a smile appear on Tabitha's face.

      If his own heart still beat, it would've most definitely skipped a beat with the smile she had just given him. He loved her smile, though she did not wear them often.

"You can come see Alec before you leave if you want." Tabitha said, unsure of how to feel about inviting a vampire into her vulnerable son's room.

"A-are you sure, ma'am?" He asked, for the first time in a long time stuttering over his own words.

"Yes, I'm sure. Alec likes you and your family." She replied, before she led him inside.

      They both made their way to the elevator and rode it to the third floor where Alec's room was, before heading over to the room he was occupying. Wendy, the nurse, smiled over at Tabitha and Jasper, before slipping out of the room to give them their privacy, not before Tabitha could thank her again of course.

"Mommy." Alec chimed, as he seen his mother and Jasper.

      He hadn't seen Jasper in a while, causing his happiness to grow. He liked Jasper, almost more than he liked the other Cullens. Of course he wasn't sure why but he almost knew that Jasper would never hurt him and love him as so little people did.

"Jazzy!" He exclaimed quietly, as he wiggled his fingers in a welcoming manner.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" Tabitha asked, as both her and Jasper walked up to Alec's hospital bed.

"Stuck." He replied, unsure of how to explain his stiffness.

"I'm sorry but you can't really move around until your ribs get better." Tabitha replied, making Alec frown.

"I wanna go home." Alec complained, making Jasper frown as well.

"I'll talk to the doctor, see how much longer you have in here." He quickly said, making Alec nod.

       They watched as Alec's eyelids grew heavy again and he yawned. Tabitha smiled, kissing her son's forehead and running her thumb over him cheek.

"Get some sleep, baby. The more you rest the faster you'll recover." She stated, as she began to dim the lights in his room once more.

"Jazzy stay?" He asked, making Jasper's eyes widen.

"Alec, Jasper has to go home to his family. You do know he still has school." Tabitha replied, making Alec feel upset.

       Alec didn't display the feelings on his face, other than a frown, but Jasper could feel that he was upset. Jasper's mind was racing, unsure of what to do in this type of situation. He had never been in this type of predicament before.

"I-I can stay." Jasper stuttered out, causing happiness to rush through Alec and surprise to rush through Tabitha.

"Are you sure?" She asked, causing Jasper to nod.

      Jasper and Tabitha sat on chairs next to Alec's bed until he fell asleep. Around one in the morning, Tabitha began to feel sleepy as well. Jasper could tell that she was tired, though he knew she wanted to stay awake just in case Alec woke up.

"How about you get some rest?" Jasper commented, causing Tabitha to look over at him.

"I don't want to fall asleep, what if Alec wakes up and needs me?" She replied, causing him to bite his lip softly.

"You know I don't sleep. I'll sit in here and watch over him as you sleep." Jasper stated, surprising himself as well as Tabitha.

"Are you sure?" She asked, feeling as if she had asked that question many times through the night.

"Yes, now get some rest ma'am. You're needing it." He replied, before she stood up and walked over to the pull out couch.

       She pulled it out into a bed, before laying her head on the pillow and covering herself with the white blanket. She felt unsure at first about leaving Jasper to watch over her son but soon she couldn't keep her eyes open. As she began to fall asleep, she knew she didn't have to worry, Jasper was a good guy and he'd watch over Alec perfectly...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, what do you guys think? Is she trusting him too soon? Is the mate bond starting to work its magic?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx