Chapter Twenty Seven

Tabitha wasn't too happy to have Bella around often, and neither was Rosalie or Jasper. Bella sat with them every day at lunch, and she seemed to want to be around at the house often, too. After almost a week of having to deal with Bella being around, Edward decided Bella should come with the family for a baseball game. Tabitha had almost refused to go, but Alice wouldn't let her. Alice believed that Tabitha and Alec deserved the chance to see the family having fun together.

        The day for the baseball game had came, and Tabitha wasn't too happy about it. She really didn't want to be around Bella for longer than she had to be. Besides, Bella still hadn't met Alec, meaning she'd have to meet him today. Tabitha really didn't want Bella meeting Alec yet, since she really wasn't fond of the dull teenage girl. As Tabitha stood from the bed to get ready for the day, she became dizzy and almost fell.

"Whoa, darlin'. Are you feeling alright?" Jasper asked, as he laid his hands on her arms to keep her from falling.

"I don't know. I felt fine until I stood up." She replied, causing Jasper to frown.

"I'm going to get Carlisle. You sit back down so you don't fall." Jasper said, and Tabitha nodded.

       Jasper helped Tabitha sit down, before he quickly left the room to grab Carlisle. As soon as he told Carlisle that Tabitha wasn't feeling well, Carlisle followed him to where Tabitha was waiting. Carlisle could tell something was wrong with the girl almost as soon as he had walked into the room. With a frown, Carlisle grabbed his thermometer to check her temperature.

"You've got a slight fever," Carlisle began, as he grabbed her wrist to check her pulse,"your pulse is fine though. Are you feeling fatigue, nauseous, lightheaded?" He asked, caysung the girl to shake her head.

"Not really, I guess I'm somewhat fatigue." She replied, and Carlisle nodded.

"Well, I believe you have a cold, Tabitha. It would be best if you stay home instead of going to the baseball game." Carlisle said, and Tabitha agreed.

"I want Alec to stay home with me. I don't want him catching a cold from going out." Tabitha commented, causing Carlisle to nod reluctantly.

      Carlisle left soon after to tell everyone what was going on, as Jasper sat with Tabitha.

"You know I can take care of him." Jasper commented, causing Tabitha to nod quickly.

"I know, and I trust you. I just don't want him getting sick too. Besides, I still don't really want him around Bella yet. I haven't been around her enough to know if I trust her or not." Tabitha replied, and Jasper nodded slightly.

      Jasper understood where the young mother was coming from, so he trusted her decision when it came to her son. He may care for them, but he knew her word was what he was going to go by rather he agreed or not. Honestly, Jasper wasn't sure if he really trusted Bella around Alec either, since Bella seemed to be rather accident prone. He didn't want Alec getting hurt because of Bella.

      The family left soon after, causing Tabitha to sigh in relief. Alice hadn't known Tabitha was going to be sick, so she didn't know the girl wasn't going to go before she had been told by Carlisle. Alice wondered if Tabitha had faked being sick, but she figured Jasper and Carlisle would've known if she lied. Tabitha didn't have to lie to stay home, especially when it came to protecting her son from potential problems, but now she wouldn't have to make an excuse for Alice or Edward. Alice and Edward expected the girl to become good friends with Bella, though she really didn't feel like becoming friends with the clumsy teen girl.

     A few hours later, while Tabitha was feeding Alec dinner, she heard the front door open. Looking over, she watched as Jasper, Carlisle, Rosalie, and Esme enter the house looking distraught.

"What's wrong?" Tabitha asked, placing her dish in the sink.

"Others of our kind showed up, but they're not vegetarian." Carlisle said, sighing slightly.

"One of them, James, is a tracker. He smelt Bella, and now we're waiting on Emmett, Alice, Edward, and Bella to come back to figure out what we're going to do." Jasper added, as Rosalie scowled.

"I knew Bella being around would put us all in danger. Edward just had to have her around, and now not only us, but Tabitha and Alec could all die because of her." Rosalie spat, causing Tabitha to feel a bit scared for herself and Alec.

"Rosalie." Carlisle retorted, trying to get the blonde to quiet down.

"What're you all going to do?" Tabitha asked, as she looked between the vampires.

       Luckily, the six of them weren't startled when Laurent showed up and was invited inside. Jasper stood close to Tabitha and Alec, as did Rosalie, to keep them safe from the human-drinking vampire. Tabitha knew Rosalie and Jasper could protect her and Alec, but she couldn't help but feel a little worried while Laurent warned them about James.

        Tabitha almost instantly blamed Bella as soon as she heard about all of James tricks and games. If it wasn't for Bella, Tabitha and Alec would've never been in danger. Tabitha wondered if the family would realize that Bella wasn't worth the danger she seemed to attract so easily. Apparently, not only was the Swan girl clumsy, she was also quite the danger magnet.

        Since Laurent had been kind enough to tell them about James, Carlisle offered Laurent a way to Alaska to learn to be like them. According to Carlisle, Laurent was their cousin Irina's mate, so Tabitha hoped the man would learn to be a vegetarian and change his ways for the better.

"They're back." Jasper announced, as he tried to calm Tabitha's nerves.

      Tabitha was beyond pissed at Bella and she really didn't want to see the girl. If it wasn't for Bella and Edward's stupidity, none of them would've been stuck in such a predicament...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Tabitha will not be turned into a vampire so soon. I don't even know if I wanted her to be turned, but I believe she'll probably have to be. I have an idea coming for her, but it won't go into place until later.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx