Prologue

"It'll be better here. It's more secluded and quiet. Maybe nobody will realize we don't live with any parents." Perri said, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I don't know, Perri. I really want things to be better here, but I really didn't want to leave our old home. I mean, we lived there all our lives, and now we're just leaving as soon as possible to leave everything we've ever known behind." Tabitha replied, making Perri nod.

"Yes, but it'll all be worth it later on when Alec can go to school without you hearing any of those rude comments from those girls back home." Perri stated, causing Tabitha to sigh again.

"I just wish everything was easier. I wish people accepted my baby. I mean, I know I had him at a young age, but that shouldn't cause him and I to be victimized by every one in that town." Tabitha said, causing Perri to frown.

"I know, Tabby." Perri replied, as she pulled into the driveway of their new home.

      The house wasn't very big. It was actually quite small. There was only two bedrooms, which meant Alec would be sleeping in the same room as his mother. Which wasn't an issue to Tabitha, since her baby was only about two years old.

      Anyhow, Tabitha picked up her sleeping son, carrying him inside. Perri had come to the new house a week early to set up the house with her friend Markie. Markie was practically smitten with Perri, but Perri couldn't be with him. Especially since she picked Tabitha and Alec up and moved them across the state. Markie had college, whilst Perri worked at a diner from three in the afternoon until midnight, taking care of Alec from seven until two each weekday as well.

     Tabitha carried Alec into their room, before laying him in the small child bed near her closet. She slipped off his shoes and covered him up, before slowly walking out of the room. She walked over to the kitchen, before sitting down at the table.

"You'll start school tomorrow. I've already called and set everything up. You just have to go to the office and grab your timetable." Perri said, as she began cooking dinner.

       Tabitha nodded, deciding to suck up the groan trying to surpass her lips. She didn't want to go to school, especially knowing she was going to be getting weird stares from all of the students around her. She was just happy that Markie had drove her car down and left it for her to be able to take it back and forth to school or other necessitates.

"I'll go wake Alec so he'll be ready for dinner." Tabitha said, trying to get out of the awkward silence that had filled the kitchen.

      School was always a sore subject for Tabitha, especially after having Alec. Everyone at her school knew she was pregnant, everyone knew she had a baby, and everyone knew her parents weren't happy about the baby. What everyone didn't know, was that Perri was her and Alec's only source of income. If it wasn't for the tan, dark haired, brown eyed girl, Tabitha and Alec would be homeless.

      Anyhow, Tabitha walked towards their room, seeing her baby sleeping soundly on his small bed. She smiled lightly, not really wanting to wake up the little boy. He had been so sad from being told he was going to have to move to a whole new home. He cried for about two hours, until he kept repeating "Are we there yet?" for the next hour, before falling asleep thirty minutes before they arrived at their new home.

"Alec, time to wake up. If you sleep too long, you'll miss dinner." Tabitha cooed, as her son wiggled around.

"Mommy!" He whined, not wanting to wake up.

"We're at the new house." Tabitha said, causing her son to sit up.

    He looked around the room for a moment, realizing the room was actually a bit bigger than the one he had been in before. He looked to the side, seeing a big window, with pillows laying in front of it. As he gazed out the window for a moment, he seen the rain pitter-patter down the window. He heard a slight rumble of thunder, making him whimper.

"I know it's raining but it won't be later on." Tabitha told her son, hoping it would make him less upset.

"No like!" He cried, causing her to sigh.

    She picked up her son, carrying him to the kitchen, before sitting him in his highchair. She laid the small bits of chicken nuggets in front of him, as well as a bit of mac and cheese with a sippy cup of apple juice. Perri had fixed Alec his favorite food, knowing he probably was a bit emotional from the move.

     Tabitha began to unpack Alec's bottles, sippy cups, and his training cup, before fixing herself a  plate of the hamburger helper Perri had made. Yes, Alec still drank out of baby bottles, but only when he was going to bed. Even then, Tabitha is very hesitant on giving him one, she tried each night to switch to a sippy cup. Sometimes he'd switch, other times he would not. She just hoped this new house didn't set them back to square one with the switch ups.

"You think he'll sleep well tonight?" Perri asked, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I hope so." She replied, looking lovingly at her small child.

"It rains a lot here from what I've heard." Perri commented, as she sipped her glass of sweet tea.

"Yeah, but once he gets use to it, he'll be okay." Tabitha said, as Alec picked up his cup and began to drink.

     All she could do was hope for the better.  If nothing changed, she didn't know if she could handle it. She wanted what was best for herself and her son, as well as her best friend. She just didn't know what was to come to her...

×××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. This kind of is a introduction chapter. Not really too important, but a bit of a look into my characters.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx